"In A Different Key" being made into a documentary film

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2019, 1:51 am

https://filmmakerscollab.org/films/in-a-different-key/

Quote:
Emmy-winning journalists Caren Zucker and John Donvan bring to documentary film the set of stories that made a bestseller of their acclaimed book, In A Different Key, The Story of Autism. A 2017 Pulitzer Prize finalist, this narrative account of an unheralded civil rights movement was called “cinematic” by the Washington Post, and described by the New York Times “as if…filmed with a handheld camera.” This project aims to make its visual storytelling truly visual, by putting autism’s stunning and turbulent history on screen for the first time.

Thanks to your support, we are more than 60 percent of the way toward reaching our $1 million fundraising target, with filming underway already. We have completed location shoots in Arizona, California and Mississippi, and racked up more than two dozen interviews. Upcoming shoots are set up before year end in Texas, Alaska, New York and back to California.

The film is being produced in conjunction with BraveDog Productions, by four-time Emmy award-winning Editor and Producer Ray Conley.

Go to the link to see the 12-minute trailer which includes extensive footage of Donald Triplett the first person diagnosed with Autism.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Last edited by ASPartOfMe on 19 Mar 2019, 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2019, 2:06 am

I have read the book, it would be interesting to see it visually.