Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2019, 1:30 am

WildColonial wrote:
I’ve read a lot of detective stories, and my favorite part is when you find out what really happened and you weren’t expecting it at all.

I like the twists too. I original had two, one for the murderer and one connected to the main character. I was told

I needed more of this, now I have five main ones plus some small ones. I don't know if this is twist overload.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2019, 5:03 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
I’m a stickler for not having something from 1927 placed in a work set in 1917.

Even language, idioms.

I'm the same. 1920 (Feb) has been hard to research. All the books are Edwardian (up to 1910) WW1 or the 1920's,

getting civilian particularly male clothing for the latter 1910s has been really difficult and people keep giving me

photos and saying here's one because it has circ 1920 on it. That's not good enough. I'm relying heavily on

descriptions of buildings, I have some very good books of photos taken mostly before WW1.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jun 2019, 5:57 am

Going slightly nuts. Finished last third (sort of a first draft post plot changes) and went straight to doing the same

thing with the middle section (chapters 10-20) and ran out of steam. I have no love for my characters at the moment

so I've decided to take a break and have a week of no writing this sodding book. Four and a half years is a long time

to spend rehashing the same week.

Hows everyone else's work in progress going?