Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 4:25 pm

Do you watch a lot of tv? I watch quite a lot . I tend to watch crime based series a lot. I've watched episodes of series like CSI , NCIS, and Law and order etc time and time again .

DanielW
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 4:28 pm

I don't tend to watch any. I find it too difficult to concentrate on dialog when there is music in the background. and I don't like sudden increases in volume / loud sounds. Commercial breaks tend to break my concentration too, making it harder to follow a show on TV.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 4:33 pm

Most of my television watching is either tennis matches or old sitcoms.

AceofPens
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Mar 2019, 6:32 pm

I haven't watched TV since public television in the US dropped analog broadcasting in favor of digital. I do see the appeal, though - I watch shows online at certain times of the day and find that scheduling quite enjoyable. I watch very few shows that would be aired on TV, though, so I suppose I'm not missing out on much.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 8:28 pm

I listen to (not watch) TV. Right now for example, I am participating on a forum while listening to Amy Schumer's latest show, about her pregnancy.

I look up every now and then because she has some great physical humor. But I would be bored if I were not (voluntarily) multi-tasking.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Mar 2019, 9:10 pm

I don't watch actual t.v. I watch things on netflix, amazon prime and hulu and recently I have found youtube to be pretty interesting, there are some interesting videos people are making so I've been watching more random youtube stuff lately. Music videos, reviews on vape devices, videos about interesting health emergencies, science videos that people who do chemistry as a hobby post(its kind of above my head, but interesting to watch), animal videos, just a whole world of random stuff to watch.

I don't think I would go back to normal t.v, the commercials piss me off to no end...trying to watch something and then stupid commercials come on to distract and annoy me and make the show take longer to watch. Also its expensive when I usually don't even want to watch half the stuff that is on.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2019, 2:12 am

I mainly watch youtube. Sometimes I'll watch episodes of a tv seies for a while on youtube or some other carrier.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2019, 5:16 am

We elected a reality TV star as president. So for the last two years there has been no need to watch reality TV, dramas, crime shows, nor sitcoms, because you get all of that (comedy, drama, crime,reality TV, etc) just watching cable news. Seriously - news is now the only thing I ever watch on the actual TV set. Though on the computer I do watch a lot of U Tube: music, science, history, etc.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

21 Mar 2019, 5:25 am

I don't watch tv. I prefer to read.
I do watch movies from variety of sources.
On youtube I'm mostly interested in music, sometimes other artistic clips.
I prefer news in written form.

When I lived with my brother, he gave me the tv remote when he had no willpower to turn the tv off. Or maybe he meant to be polite and not switch it off in case I wanted to watch something? The result was the same, he gave me the remote and then I always switched "off".

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2019, 5:59 am

I've said I watch quite a lot of tv because I have the tv on ,but it's via Now tv rather than BBC1, ITV and Channel 4 etc .

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2019, 1:08 pm

It varies a lot how much I watch, as I only watch things that interest me (unlike some people who seem to want the TV on regardless of what's on; very annoying). There isn't currently any series I am following, so it's usually down to movies.

I like having specific days to watch series, it's something to look forward to. I'm not much of a binge watcher any more, two episodes or one movie (ca 1,5 hour) tends to be enough. The only series I have binged recently was Teen Wolf on Netflix. So I am content watching them episode by episode one week apart.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2019, 3:53 pm

Any shows on PBS (including Masterpiece), American crime shows (like SWAT or NCIS), or old sitcoms
like Hogan's Heroes and Good Times.

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2019, 3:59 pm

...Being homeless (or homelesseawue/" homeless world ") since 1996 (and in 197t??-7 too) I haven't, when fully homeless, had a TV. When I have had one--- I, essentially, haven't watched prime time/series TV since the mid-80s (including 1987-1996).

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Hsingai
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Mar 2019, 7:18 pm

I use to leave the TV on medical(like Sex sent me to the ER or Doctor G medical examiner ) or forensics (like cold case files or The New Detectives) shows I also like documentaries but they take more work to find and put on. Usually there is just 1 or 2 shows that I actually watch. right now it's Star Trek:Discovery and Orville. I'll binge series on NetFlix sometimes.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2019, 7:24 pm

I tend to watch animal-related (stuff on Animal Planet) Medical (I have developed a fascination with Dr. Pimple Popper and The Toe Bro lol) and food competition (Chopped, Guys Grocery Games, etc...)

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2019, 7:30 pm

...I meant to say above. " homeless world " and "1985-6/87 ".

My life destroyed by Thorazine and Mellaril - and rape - and the Psychiatric/Industrial Complex. SOB:-(! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !! !!