SPLC, biggest leftwing extortion racket, finally unravelling

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2019, 7:59 pm

The Southern Poverty Law Center has been one of the biggest left-wing fraud and extortion rackets in the US for decades. They have made hundreds of millions of dollars — much of it now in offshore bank accounts — by hyping non-existent hate groups and fake hate crimes, stoking racial fear, and slandering and running shakedown operations on businesses, individuals, and political opponents from coast to coast.

Now, almost exactly like the Harvey Weinstein operation in Hollywood, where everybody knew and everybody was complicit, it's all starting to unravel. Racism, sexual harassment, financial fraud — it's all there. Even the far-left New Yorker is having to acknowledge it.

The Reckoning of Morris Dees and the Southern Poverty Law Center

...The firing of Dees has flushed up all the uncomfortable questions again. Were we complicit, by taking our paychecks and staying silent, in ripping off donors on behalf of an organization that never lived up to the values it espoused? Did we enable racial discrimination and sexual harassment by failing to speak out? “Of course we did,” a former colleague told me, as we parsed the news over the phone. “It’s shameful, but when you’re there you kind of end up accepting things. I never even considered speaking out when things happened to me! It doesn’t feel good to recognize that. I was so into the work, and so motivated by it, I kind of shrugged off what was going on.” A couple of days later, she texted me: “I’m having SPLC nightmares.” Aren’t we all, I thought.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-des ... law-center

There Are Four Lights!

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2019, 8:03 pm

The SPLC does NOT have the best interests of minority groups at heart.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2019, 8:09 pm

Corruption in America? (Yes it is spelt that way in German)...
Don't be ridiculous... :mrgreen:

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2019, 8:16 pm

Pepe wrote:

I know. It's just beyond belief, isn't it. 8)

There Are Four Lights!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2019, 8:23 pm

Darmok wrote:
Pepe wrote:

To appease Kraftie, what country/society isn't corrupt?...<shrug>

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2019, 8:27 pm

Pepe wrote:
Darmok wrote:
Pepe wrote:

America isn't corrupt :wink:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2019, 8:33 pm

Crimadella wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Darmok wrote:
Pepe wrote:

I know, I know...
Its (some of) the people in America who are corrupt... :mrgreen:

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2019, 8:05 pm

Now, let the racketeering investigations begin.

Southern Poverty Law Center chief Richard Cohen announces resignation amid internal upheaval

The president of the Southern Poverty Law Center, Richard Cohen, announced his resignation Friday, the latest in a series of high-profile departures at the anti-hate organization that have come amid allegations of misconduct and workplace discrimination.

The departure will mark the end of an era at the Montgomery, Ala., nonprofit, whose staff had recently raised questions about whether the organization’s long-standing mission of justice and anti-discrimination — which had yielded hundreds of millions of dollars in donations from the public — had matched its internal treatment of some black and female employees....

Cohen’s resignation comes the same day as a resignation by the organization’s legal director, Rhonda Brownstein, who did not give a reason for her departure in a brief email to her colleagues. Brownstein did not respond to requests for comment....

Cohen’s departure comes one week after he fired his longtime partner, Morris Dees — the center’s co-founder, chief trial counsel and its biggest public face for nearly half a century — for undisclosed misconduct, a move that stunned insiders and marked the most significant changing of the guard in the center's history.

https://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-sp ... story.html

There Are Four Lights!

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2019, 6:18 am

They picked up bad leadership who overplayed their hand, now they're an organization who people know they can sue for defamation and win.

Poetic justice I'd say.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2019, 6:31 am

Crimadella wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Darmok wrote:
Pepe wrote:

This whole country was founded on deceit and corruption. :lol:

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2019, 6:36 am

TW1ZTY wrote:

Hearing that gives me warm world-citizen fuzzies.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Mar 2019, 6:49 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

Hearing that gives me warm world-citizen fuzzies.

I'd love to be a true world citizen but I have not seen the world. :(

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2019, 12:02 pm

Hard times at "The Poverty Palace." Alas, no con game runs forever.

The Southern Poverty ‘anti-hate’ racket

The Southern Poverty Law Center has designated itself an organization hostile to women and people of color.

It fired its co-founder Morris Dees for unexplained reasons and removed his bio from its website at the same time it pledged to train its management in “racial equity, ­inclusion and results.”

Simultaneous with the cashiering of Dees after nearly 50 years at the SPLC, roughly two dozen ­employees wrote a letter warning that “allegations of mistreatment, sexual harassment, gender discrimination and racism threaten the moral authority of this organization and our integrity along with it.”

The missive is touching in its ­assumption that the SPLC still has moral authority or integrity. The scandal is, nonetheless, a remarkable comeuppance for an organization that has weaponized political correctness for its own money-grubbing.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/19/the-south ... te-racket/

There Are Four Lights!

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2019, 10:07 am

Golden parachutes for con artists.

SPLC WON’T SAY IF PRESIDENT WAS PAID ON WAY OUT THE DOOR

The Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) won’t say if former president Richard Cohen received a settlement in relation to his resignation from the embattled left-wing nonprofit.

Cohen announced his resignation on Friday, nine days after the SPLC fired co-founder Morris Dees on March 13. The SPLC has come under fire over allegations of racial discrimination and sexual harassment under Cohen’s and Dees’ leadership.

A spokesman for the SPLC did not return a voicemail and multiple emails from The Daily Caller News Foundation inquiring whether either Dees or Cohen were compensated in relation to their departure.

The SPLC recently reported more than half a billion dollars in assets, including $121 million in off-shore funds.

https://dailycaller.com/2019/03/25/splc ... ettlement/

There Are Four Lights!

Shrapnel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2019, 10:43 am

Darmok wrote:
Golden parachutes for con artists.

The SPLC recently reported more than half a billion dollars in assets, including $121 million in off-shore funds.[/i]

Who knew running a "nonprofit" could be so profitable. The left always trips over its own hypocrisy.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2019, 10:57 am

Wow, there seriously needs to be a committee set up to investigate the level of corruption at play here. This is sickening.