Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2019, 3:52 pm

Is a size 14 or 16 unattractive? I’m a size 22/24 and I’m working on losing to 165. I was just curious if a size 14 or 16 is attractive.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2019, 4:00 pm

Attractive to whom?

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2019, 4:06 pm

Magna wrote:
Attractive to whom?

Just in general.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2019, 4:17 pm

Do you mean attractive to men in general since you're a woman? Attractive in general regardless of sex? If you want to lose weight and you're liking how you feel and how you look weighing less and you have a target weight in mind I think focusing on how YOU feel about it is the most important thing.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2019, 10:57 pm

I'm a size 16 on the bottom and 20 up top but these are Australian sizes. I understand the sizing is different in America.

I used to be a size 8 on the bottom and 14 up top, I'd like to get back to that again but because of my age, it may not happen.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2019, 3:30 am

There are seven billion people in the world

Some of them find that size attractive, neither or repulsive

Being "attractive" is not everything

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2019, 3:33 am

Size is not a deal breaker.

But since you asked... size 14/16 is very attractive.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2019, 3:35 am

I meant to add... good luck with the weight loss, but lose it for yourself, not for anyone else's benefit.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2019, 3:37 am

Some size 16 women are more attractive than other size 16 women

Size affects how attractive someone is

But there are other factors

logicpuppy
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Apr 2019, 2:36 am

Size 14/16 is attractive to many. I'd say the biggest determinant of physical attractiveness for most people is if someone looks healthy, and it's hard to define exactly what that looks like. Different people look healthy at different sizes.

If your main goal is for the majority to perceive you as physically attractive, I'd advise you to aim for health.
Cut out added sugar completely, and eat things like fruit, vegetables, nuts, meat, fish, dairy. Eat until full, eat again when you get hungry.
Try to exercise regularly, without pushing yourself to the point of injury.
Try to get enough sleep every night, minimize stress and don't take harmful substances.
If you do all these things, your body will end up being at optimum health, and you will be the correct size. Everyone's correct size is different, which is why I can't give you an exact figure.

If you're asking for personal opinions, when it comes to women, I'm generally attracted to around size 10-12 (UK sizing). I believe I'm in the minority though, other people are a lot less fussy, and my other 2 paragraphs offer more well-rounded advice.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2019, 8:48 am

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
Is a size 14 or 16 unattractive?
It depends.

Does she exude confidence, grace, optimism and intelligence? Then "No".

Does she exude self-doubt, clumsiness, pessimism and stupidity? Then "Yes".

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2019, 9:01 am

Some people find some size 16 people attractive

You have to say, which person finds which person attractive

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2019, 9:30 am

There are some curvy women who need such clothes no matter how thin their waistline. Dieting to fit in smaller clothes would be unhealthy.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2019, 9:43 am

Size 14-16....is not bad at all!

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2019, 4:15 am

How tall are you? cus sizes are completely different at different heights.

I wouldn't set a target weight for yourself. I know most dieting advice says to do this but it's setting yourself up for

something that is outside of your control. Aim to improve your lifestyle (if it's unhealthy), don't go drastic, then

improve it again, then again, and don't give up anything you're not prepared to give up permanently.

Sizes 14 and 16 are the most common in the UK but the least are made compared to the numbers because women

who are size 14 spend the least on clothing. Larger and smaller women spend more. They think this is because size

14s don't see being a size 14 as permanent so don't invest much in their wardrobes.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2019, 4:39 am

err..I was a size 0 in U.S size and I have graduated to size 1....most of you are talking size 26 and above, and I feel kind of self conscious because I went from size zero to size one. I mean I bet that sounds pathetic....oh you've been super skinny all your life and now you're a size one rather than a zero. Oh big floppy deal at least that is how I feel...like I have to get new clothes because I can't fit into my size zero pants anymore. I guess maybe you can get a little fatter once you are past 25. But goddamn, that is going to cost some money to get new clothes that fit...I'll have to try out some thrift stores first to try and get cheaper clothes that also can function for work. I just never really planned for gaining 10 pounds...I am not pregnant, just had my period and its been like this for months so I figure maybe I just gained some age weight being almost 30.

I was kind of assuming I might stay at my typical weight of 95 to 100 pounds for a bit longer...but now I am not so sure, seems like its migrated to between 100 and 110 from the 95-100 pounds and not entirely sure what caused that.