Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2019, 5:27 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
err..I was a size 0 in U.S size and I have graduated to size 1....most of you are talking size 26 and above, and I feel kind of self conscious because I went from size zero to size one. I mean I bet that sounds pathetic....oh you've been super skinny all your life and now you're a size one rather than a zero. Oh big floppy deal at least that is how I feel...like I have to get new clothes because I can't fit into my size zero pants anymore. I guess maybe you can get a little fatter once you are past 25. But goddamn, that is going to cost some money to get new clothes that fit...I'll have to try out some thrift stores first to try and get cheaper clothes that also can function for work. I just never really planned for gaining 10 pounds...I am not pregnant, just had my period and its been like this for months so I figure maybe I just gained some age weight being almost 30.

I was kind of assuming I might stay at my typical weight of 95 to 100 pounds for a bit longer...but now I am not so sure, seems like its migrated to between 100 and 110 from the 95-100 pounds and not entirely sure what caused that.

At the end of the day this is a change in your norm so it's ok to feel upset about it. Also the slimmer you are the

more noticeable 10 lb is on you. I'm a size 10 jeans (UK) and putting on or loosing a stone hardly notices on me

because my weight is very evenly distributed but when I had a problem with bloating I got very upset and people

laughed as if I was being silly and imagining myself fat. I've sorted it now (it was stress) but the difference it

made around my waist (that everyone said I was imagining) was the equivalent for me as if I had put 2 stone on.

I couldn't wear 90% of my clothes.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2019, 8:36 am

Thrift stores are filled with plenty of small clothes for women. People buy them hoping their diets will work. 8O
But, it is more fun to shop the discount racks at department stores. Sometimes cheaper, too, if you sign up for special discounts.

MJDouglas
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Oct 2019, 1:24 pm

I think that attraction is an individual thing. It doesn't matter what size you are if you're healthy and happy with yourself.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2019, 1:29 pm

Curves are beautiful.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2019, 2:07 pm

If you are curvy you should avoid the odd sizes, which are Junior's sizes, meant for young women who have a slimmer bust and hips.

Dial1194
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Oct 2019, 3:06 pm

Some people have a strong preference for that size. Others have strong preferences for other sizes. Or both. Some people have no preferences at all, and rate attractiveness based on other factors entirely. It's honestly really subjective. There's not even a single social/cultural 'standard' - what's fashionable one decade is outdated the next.

Generally, and assuming we're talking about people whose preferences managed to not get screwed up by mass media and marketing telling them what they should say, visible physical health - for want of a better term - is a better indication of attraction than a given clothing size.

And that's without getting into all the differences between what's considered generically Hollywood attractive vs actual-real-person attractive, and things like an attractive artificial appearance (makeup artistry etc) vs attractive despite having just been caught in a storm, or statuesque vs cuddly, or physically attractive vs intellectually or emotionally attractive. The person who looks amazing on a catwalk may not be one you want to drag off to bed or one you want a long-term relationship with.

With all the factors and subtleties, saying "size 16" - or any other size - doesn't really say anything about who a person is going to appeal to. Even only visually.

WalkerTR
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Oct 2019, 7:10 pm

I don't really know what a size 16 looks like but after reading a little it seems to be a bit on the larger side?
I have been attracted to the more voluptuous ladies usually

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Oct 2019, 9:39 pm

Plenty of size 24 women are married

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2019, 10:52 am

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Plenty of size 24 women are married

I’m a size 18 there is still hope.

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2019, 1:50 pm

I was at a restaurant recently with two families with young kids. I'd estimate that one lady weighed over 200 lbs and the other 250 lbs, well above normal weight.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 11:33 am

“I believe I’m the first size-14 on Victoria’s Secret,” Tate-Cutler wrote on Instagram. “Regardless I’m pretty stoked to work with a brand I idolized when I was a teen. Great step in the right direction for bodies.”

from the Daily News

Dial1194
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Oct 2019, 12:28 am

WalkerTR wrote:
I don't really know what a size 16 looks like but after reading a little it seems to be a bit on the larger side?

Part of the problem is that there is no one single size chart. They not only vary from country to country, but from manufacturer to manufacturer. And because there is no standard, "sizing" has been subsumed by marketing, meaning that an item which might have been advertised as being as "size 10" one year could be a "size 8" the next year in order to get more people to buy it.

The only true comparative clothing measurements are centimeters. (Or inches, if you're one of the three countries in the world that still use those.) And they've got to be measuring the same things, not things which are almost-but-not-quite-the-same place on the garment or accessory.

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 3:58 pm

Here are my weight loss progress pictures

I am a size 24 in these pics:

I’m a size 16/18 in these pics:

-Down, The Birthday Massacre

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2019, 10:43 am

There are way more other factors that come higher in the list than clothing size to determine who is attractive

pyrrhicwren
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2020, 11:49 pm

xxZeromancerlovexx wrote:
Is a size 14 or 16 unattractive? I’m a size 22/24 and I’m working on losing to 165. I was just curious if a size 14 or 16 is attractive.

Although beauty is surface level, any dimensions are beautiful. The deeper meaningful beauty is what is inside and act as force multipliers to compliment the outside.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jan 2020, 12:09 am

I find size 14-16 very attractive. Good luck on the weight loss.