Mueller sends report on Trump investigation to AG Barr

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2019, 4:18 pm

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/mueller-sends-report-trump-investigation-ag-barr-n974006

Quote:
Special counsel Robert Mueller on Friday wrapped up his nearly two-year investigation into Donald Trump and Russia and sent his report to Attorney General Barr.

No details of Mueller's findings have been released, and it is not clear how soon the public will see them.

The transmission of the report to Barr concludes an investigation that has resulted in the indictments of 34 people, infuriated the president and thrown the administration into turmoil.

The attorney general is required to report Mueller's findings to Congress "with an outline of the actions and the reasons for them," the guidelines say, but it's unclear how long that may take.

It's unclear how detailed Mueller's report is, or when his conclusions may become public. According to Justice Department guidelines, his confidential report to the attorney general is supposed to explain "the prosecution or declination decisions reached by the special counsel."

Pure guess but I think that it was sent at 5PM on a Friday afternoon combined with Trump being eager for it to be released means there will be no Trump or Trump family Russian conspiracy shown.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2019, 7:17 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/mueller-sends-report-trump-investigation-ag-barr-n974006
Quote:
Special counsel Robert Mueller on Friday wrapped up his nearly two-year investigation into Donald Trump and Russia and sent his report to Attorney General Barr.

No details of Mueller's findings have been released, and it is not clear how soon the public will see them.

The transmission of the report to Barr concludes an investigation that has resulted in the indictments of 34 people, infuriated the president and thrown the administration into turmoil.

The attorney general is required to report Mueller's findings to Congress "with an outline of the actions and the reasons for them," the guidelines say, but it's unclear how long that may take.

It's unclear how detailed Mueller's report is, or when his conclusions may become public. According to Justice Department guidelines, his confidential report to the attorney general is supposed to explain "the prosecution or declination decisions reached by the special counsel."

Pure guess but I think that it was sent at 5PM on a Friday afternoon combined with Trump being eager for it to be released means there will be no Trump or Trump family Russian conspiracy shown.

But Trump always acted so nervous and guilty about it. There must be something there to incriminate him and his family. Or so I heard a zillion times.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2019, 7:25 pm

Maybe the investigation and/or the investigators weren't thorough enough. Maybe Mueller wasn't the best choice to lead the investigation.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2019, 7:32 pm

Up until now I've never heard anyone in favor of the investigation say that it wasn't thorough enough or that Mueller wasn't the right person for the job.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2019, 8:34 pm

Several news organizations are reporting no further indictments recommended.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman