Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2019, 2:30 am

Crimadella wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I don't love either trump or republicans. But I don't think he and them are satan and demons.
Nor do I hate democrats. But if they're going to portray themselves progressive pure goodness, I'm going to be more critical of them.
p
I have no problem with that statement, but your post seem to be pro Trump.

More like I don't agree with a lot of the criticism. Like I didn't think he colluded with russia. Not because of pro feelings, but simply because I didn't think it happened. Like Crimadella I think he will probably try implementing a better healthcare plan, but out of ego, which isn't really a pro attitude. Just seems to me that some press and some people have gone way overboard with what seems like unreasoning hatred.

If Trump has such an idea of better health care, then he's been keeping it to himself all this time.

He hasn't been keeping it secret, he has to get rid of the Obama care first. I think his ego is a plus, without the ego of wanting to go down as one of the best, he wouldn't have a driving force to do good things. That's what I noticed and got tired of, people only care about get elected, then they do a string oof corrupt activities because they already secured their position. I string of events which has made every president we have had worse than the previous. He is already doing a way better job than Obama did in his full 8 years (IMO). I know we need to work on the environment, but we need the technology to be able to do that. What I have noticed that people fail to realise by pointing out places like the UK and solar power is our population greatly exceeds theirs, our cif cities have way more people than theirs, our demand for power greatly exceeds theirs. People are trying to compare 20 million people to 350 million people. That's a vast difference. We use way more power than the UK.

Why would he have to get rid of the ACA before having a plan of what to replace it with? :? That's fake news.

Also, population size & electricity use doesn't prevent the USA from generating "green," power from renewables vs. fossil fuels. That's fake news.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2019, 3:34 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I don't love either trump or republicans. But I don't think he and them are satan and demons.
Nor do I hate democrats. But if they're going to portray themselves progressive pure goodness, I'm going to be more critical of them.
p

More like I don't agree with a lot of the criticism. Like I didn't think he colluded with russia. Not because of pro feelings, but simply because I didn't think it happened. Like Crimadella I think he will probably try implementing a better healthcare plan, but out of ego, which isn't really a pro attitude. Just seems to me that some press and some people have gone way overboard with what seems like unreasoning hatred.

If Trump has such an idea of better health care, then he's been keeping it to himself all this time.

He hasn't been keeping it secret, he has to get rid of the Obama care first. I think his ego is a plus, without the ego of wanting to go down as one of the best, he wouldn't have a driving force to do good things. That's what I noticed and got tired of, people only care about get elected, then they do a string oof corrupt activities because they already secured their position. I string of events which has made every president we have had worse than the previous. He is already doing a way better job than Obama did in his full 8 years (IMO). I know we need to work on the environment, but we need the technology to be able to do that. What I have noticed that people fail to realise by pointing out places like the UK and solar power is our population greatly exceeds theirs, our cif cities have way more people than theirs, our demand for power greatly exceeds theirs. People are trying to compare 20 million people to 350 million people. That's a vast difference. We use way more power than the UK.

Why would he have to get rid of the ACA before having a plan of what to replace it with? :? That's fake news.

Please explain why based on your own current knowledge.

goldfish21 wrote:
Also, population size & electricity use doesn't prevent the USA from generating "green," power from renewables vs. fossil fuels. That's fake news.

Please explain why based on your own current knowledge.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2019, 9:14 am

goldfish21 wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
p

You are so funny, it's called standard logic, not fake news. The bigger to population, the bigger the setup you need to produce renewable energy. Could they do a little more, yes, but people have to invest in it for that to occur. I think you are fake new. I know you are trying to copy Trump, he actually has legitimate reasoning for saying it, you'really just saying it because you don't agree.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2019, 12:37 pm

Crimadella wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
p

You are so funny, it's called standard logic, not fake news. The bigger to population, the bigger the setup you need to produce renewable energy. Could they do a little more, yes, but people have to invest in it for that to occur. I think you are fake new. I know you are trying to copy Trump, he actually has legitimate reasoning for saying it, you'really just saying it because you don't agree.

Congressional Republicans have no idea what Trump is talking about when he says he has a replacement for the ACA. If anything, rescinding without replacing Obamacare had been the Republican plan for years, so I have no reason to think Trump will be any different.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2019, 11:18 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Congressional Republicans have no idea what Trump is talking about when he says he has a replacement for the ACA. If anything, rescinding without replacing Obamacare had been the Republican plan for years, so I have no reason to think Trump will be any different.

This started out with U.S. District Court Judge Reed O'Connor ruling in December that the Affordable Care Act's individual mandate is unconstitutional and that the rest of law is therefore invalid, and the Department of Justice siding with him.

What I'm wondering is if people will still have to pay hundreds of dollars in fines when they file their taxes this year.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2019, 12:41 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

This started out with U.S. District Court Judge Reed O'Connor ruling in December that the Affordable Care Act's individual mandate is unconstitutional and that the rest of law is therefore invalid, and the Department of Justice siding with him.

What I'm wondering is if people will still have to pay hundreds of dollars in fines when they file their taxes this year.

Strange that a District Court judge could make that ruling when the ACA has already passed through the Supreme Court.
I have no idea about your second question. Maybe they thought that the middle class tax break that Trump promised but never came would make things even out.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2019, 1:33 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Strange that a District Court judge could make that ruling when the ACA has already passed through the Supreme Court.
I have no idea about your second question. Maybe they thought that the middle class tax break that Trump promised but never came would make things even out.

It's poor people who are getting fined because they can't afford obamacare.

Perhaps mandatory obamacare with huge premiums, gigantic deductables and heavy fines for not participating, was set up by the government to suck out as much money as possible from the public.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2019, 1:56 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

It's poor people who are getting fined because they can't afford obamacare.

Perhaps mandatory obamacare with huge premiums, gigantic deductables and heavy fines for not participating, was set up by the government to suck out as much money as possible from the public.

Hardly all poor people are being sucked dry of their money; in fact millions haven't had that experience.
Either Obamacare can be fixed, or we should go directly to single payer. But the last thing we should do is go back to the old system where millions of people were left without medical coverage.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2019, 10:39 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Hardly all poor people are being sucked dry of their money; in fact millions haven't had that experience.

Sure those who qualify for a subsidy. The millions who don't have been up s**t creek.

Kraichgauer wrote:
Either Obamacare can be fixed, or we should go directly to single payer. But the last thing we should do is go back to the old system where millions of people were left without medical coverage.

Obama had years to fix it, so why wasn't it fixed I wonder. What would be nice is to go back to the old system where people got their old healthcare back, and obamacare took care of the rest. But I have a feeling the kind of healthcare packages people had taken away from them will never come back into existence after having been obliterated so many years ago.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2019, 10:43 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Sure those who qualify for a subsidy. The millions who don't have been up s**t creek.

Kraichgauer wrote:

Obama had years to fix it, so why wasn't it fixed I wonder. What would be nice is to go back to the old system where people got their old healthcare back, and obamacare took care of the rest. But I have a feeling the kind of healthcare packages people had taken away from them will never come back into existence after having been obliterated so many years ago.

It wasn't fixed immediately because no one knew how it would become apparently flawed at the time.
I think the question you should be asking is why the Republicans have always been so dead set against healthcare for those in need. And the obvious answer is, they are firm believers in pseudo scientific social Darwinism, as well as the Godless prosperity gospel.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2019, 11:32 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

It wasn't fixed immediately because no one knew how it would become apparently flawed at the time.

Obama apologized for obamacare taking away millions of peoples healthcare plans they liked, and said he'd work on doing something about it back in 2013. Although the "if you like your healthcare plan, you get to keep your healthcare plan" pledge was found to be completely untrue earlier than that.

Kraichgauer wrote:
I think the question you should be asking is why the Republicans have always been so dead set against healthcare for those in need. And the obvious answer is, they are firm believers in pseudo scientific social Darwinism, as well as the Godless prosperity gospel.

So that I can get distracted from the issue of the failure of obamacare?

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2019, 11:40 pm

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

Obama apologized for obamacare taking away millions of peoples healthcare plans they liked, and said he'd work on doing something about it back in 2013. Although the "if you like your healthcare plan, you get to keep your healthcare plan" pledge was found to be completely untrue earlier than that.

Kraichgauer wrote:

So that I can get distracted from the actual issue of the failure of obamacare?

No; it's just that you're so down on the Dems and Obamacare that you seem to be letting the Republicans off the hook.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2019, 12:02 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

No; it's just that you're so down on the Dems and Obamacare that you seem to be letting the Republicans off the hook.

Or perhaps it's that you're so down on the Republicans that you seem to be letting the Dems, Obama and Obamacare off the hook.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2019, 1:37 am

EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
EzraS wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

Kraichgauer wrote:

Or perhaps it's that you're so down on the Republicans that you seem to be letting the Dems, Obama and Obamacare off the hook.

Not at all. I have been critical of Obamacare, as I have always favored single payer. But at least they tried to do something, which is a far cry from anything the Republicans have tried doing. In fact, Republicans had not only refused to extend health care coverage to the American people, but had in fact sought ways to make things worse for the poor, children, and disabled.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2019, 1:54 am

Actually it was Obama who tried to do something based on personal reasons. Up until then it was pretty much the same system as usual we had throughout the Carter and Clinton administrations.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2019, 2:07 am

EzraS wrote:
Actually it was Obama who tried to do something based on personal reasons. Up until then it was pretty much the same system as usual we had throughout the Carter and Clinton administrations.

Universal healthcare has been a dream of liberals going back to FDR and Truman, but it was always thwarted by the right. Bill Clinton tried to achieve it, but it fell by the wayside when Republicans hardheartedly shot it down.. As flawed as Obama's plan was (which was dreamed up by the conservative Heritage Foundation), at least he took a first step.