Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2019, 10:53 am

Chinese foot-binding was a barbaric practice.

languagehopper
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Jul 2019, 2:23 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

So are heels. And they don't just affect the women that wear them. Because they alter the shape of women's feet shoemakers make womens shoes to fit feet that have been deformed. Even crocs have pojnted toes in the women's version and are painful to wear while the mens version is too wide now that I have lost weight. It is so hard to find shoes to fit naturally shaped womens feet! I recently discovered barefoot running shoes and my feet are in heaven. The toe area is wider than the heel as it ought to be. Bliss!!

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2019, 8:39 am

languagehopper wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

So are heels. And they don't just affect the women that wear them. Because they alter the shape of women's feet shoemakers make womens shoes to fit feet that have been deformed. Even crocs have pojnted toes in the women's version and are painful to wear while the mens version is too wide now that I have lost weight. It is so hard to find shoes to fit naturally shaped womens feet! I recently discovered barefoot running shoes and my feet are in heaven. The toe area is wider than the heel as it ought to be. Bliss!!

Some specialty shoe websites will let you search for your size in a 'w' (wide) width.

I buy most of my shoes online these days because it's easier to get what I really want.
(FWIW, I use 6pm.com .... but if you have any other good shoe websites, please share!!)