Page 9 of 9 [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2019, 6:29 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
rdos wrote:
I wrote in another post that "you only need to be close", which is a hint. IOW, you don't need to go to the extremes of asking for a date or getting into a friendship. You can hang out without being friends. It's up to people to decide what might work. A couple of possibilities are group activities, dances, friend-of-friends gatherings or similar. It's even possible to meet regularly at public places without asking for a date, having shared friends or participating in shared group activities.

Problem is, many autistic people find group activities -- especially informal, unstructured social gatherings -- to be extremely stressful. I recall quite a few people here on Wrong Planet saying that they would prefer to have a few close friends than to spend time hanging out with a lot of casual acquaintances.

I suspect you are partly right about that, but I would say this is still the easiest way. Becoming friends with people is a major problem for many NDs, and getting enough friends to find a partner could be close to impossible to achieve. Besides, you cannot become friends with people without actually being out meeting people. The last alternative is to try to setup regular meetings with a girl IRL, something that might work if you are lucky and have a good ND radar.