Getting Social Security Disability for ASD

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

gallerypiece
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

25 Mar 2019, 1:04 pm

Hello everyone.
I didn’t exactly know what section to post this in but I wanted to ask anyone who’s had experience applying for disability who have autism. I don’t want any judgement because I have tried working, I’ve had 5 different jobs and they never lasted and they were all very stressful on me. I want to pursue my own business in tattooing, reptile breeding, or making crafts for pets like hammocks and beds and blankets for rodents and stuff. Basically I want to work out of my home. In order to do that I need an income from another source, so I am going to apply for Social Security Disability. I live in New York currently, I don’t plan to stay here but for now that’s where I am. I don’t know how it works in other states but I just want to know how much I could possibly get for disability each month. If anyone out there can help me please let me know. I already have an appointment on April 1st to apply but I would like to discuss the subject with people that have been through the process already so I know what to expect. Thank you and have a wonderful day!! ! :heart:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

25 Mar 2019, 7:17 pm

Social Security Disability Explained

Apply for Social Security Benefits

You should have a diagnostic report from the cliniction that diagnosed you.

It is typical to be rejected the first time you apply. If that happens you should probably see a disability lawyer. They do not get paid if you are not approved.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Mar 2019, 10:13 pm

How much you get from Social Security Disability depends on how much you paid into the system. If you haven't paid enough to qualify for that you would get SSI & the federal amount is $771 a month. Some states have a higher SSI amount but I don't know about New York.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition