My roleplay ideas for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2019, 2:40 pm

These are some character ideas I brainstormed for TESIV Oblivion, because I like roleplaying. 8)

I decided on one character for each race.

Humans:

Name: Cassanova
Race: Imperial
Class: Rogue
Other Info: A handsome young hustler who can charm his way out of any trouble. Likes to bet on matches at the Arena, drink booze, and seduce women (and men) with his silver tongue. Carries an enchanted dagger and wears fancy noblemen clothes.

Name: Epona
Race: Breton
Class: Healer
Other Info: A kind and compassionate young woman who serves the gods by aiding those in need and only fights when she has to. She knows a lot about healing wounds and illness and she also has mastery over horses in Cyrodill including the mythical unicorn.

Name: Samedi
Race: Redguard
Class: Necromancer
Other Info: A dark mage expelled from the Mage's Guild for defiling the dead and conjuring them up to do terrible things. Lives in the haunted mansion in Anvil where he performs forbidden magic in his secret chamber and seeks to become a vampire in his quest for immortality.

Name: Amazonia
Race: Nord
Class: Barbarian
Other Info: A strong and proud female warrior who fights brutally in combat with her bow and axe. Wears leather and fur armor and loves to hunt animals for sport and eat meat and collect fur pelts. Dislikes having to wear dresses and prefers pants.

Elves:

Name: Elios
Race: High Elf
Class: Wizard
Other Info: A very old elf and powerful wizard who has mastered all forms of magic and travels the lands studying the ancient ruins and artifacts of Cyrodill. Also lectures at the Arcane University. Carries many magical staffs.

Name: Lilith
Race: Dark Elf
Class: Assassin
Other Info: A promiscous and amoral dark elf woman who earned the nickname "The Red Lady" because of the beautiful red dresses she wears. A skilled spy and assassin who is very knowledgeable about various poisons and lures many of her victims to their dooms by playing the part of a temptress.

Name: Wormwood
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Ranger
Other Info: A youthful elf ranger who lives off the land and is very knowledgeable about the plants and animals. Befriends many of the wild beasts of the forests who aid him in various ways. Likes to travel around and only rests in inns.

Beast Races:

Name: The Green Giant
Race: Orc
Class: Knight
Other Info: A feirce orc warrior who has mastered many fighting styles and an expert in various armor and weapons. He earned the title of a noble knight and proudly serves the Empire to bring honor to orcs everywhere who are often looked down on by the other races of Tamriel.

Name: The Swamp Witch
Race: Argonian
Class: Witch
Other Info: A swampy old lizard woman who draws power from the earth and water. Can swim in the water to escape those who seek her blood. Does magical services for those in need for a price and is also a worshipper of the Daedra for which she can summon to aid her.

Name: Tiger Eyes
Race: Kahjit
Class: Thief
Other Info: A cat burgaler who is attracted to gold and jewels. An expert in stealth who can pick locks and sneak into houses looking for valuables. When fighting he prefers to use the claws of his cat paw fists.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2019, 8:25 pm

Someone said roleplaying?

I think you accidentally put Epona as male.

I see that the important step is to put the specifics of some of the actions they may take, such as thief must steal anything valuable he sees, and maybe there is a specific item that may not be very valuable that he feels compelled to steal. I think that second bit could be interesting as a means to measure how well you have roleplayed once you can check your stash once you have a home base to see your ridiculous collection of something like calipers.

Your description of Casanova may be an important roadmap of how he is played, that you have to get him drunk such as that you see a tavern, or flirt with a pretty face (as pretty as the melted face models can be).

For Epona, there are some shrines that you can get to as to do a pilgrimage, not sure if you want to do an intended choice to something after joining mages college or something to do get access to more spells. And something to do with horses, which won't come too early, so the roleplay may need to go towards that in mind as you get money. Maybe collecting ingredients for curing wounds with alchemy tools if you especially want to focus on the healer thing.

Samedi is going to have to require you to get far enough to have the haunted house, and have some necromancer spells, which is mostly summoning zombies. That is not going to happen straight away, so you are going to join the college first and get that house, and maybe you should have it as a planned fall from grace, where he is going to become corrupted after finding the Tome of Unlife, which is the book in the Anvil basement. At first make him at most maybe collect bones like skulls at most but be a good boy as you join the guild, once you get enough money buy the house, find the basement and have a turn that you want unlife also, maybe joining the Dark Brotherhood at some point then in looking for becoming a vampire. I believe there is also a way to make black soul gems from grand soul gems, so he is maybe going to want to collect those.

I imagine Amazonia is going to be the collecting trophies thing, as such pelts, I don't think there is cooking so I don't know how you plan to do the eat meat thing. Skyrim with a couple mods for using fur pelts can be a big difference with how you can make camps and such.

Elios is probably going to require you to require you to get pretty far with the mages guild and get into the university, not sure how you can quickly have him be a master of all. You are probably going to want him to do expeditions at the ruins, collecting Welkyend stones and Varla Stones, but maybe do that after getting far enough in the guild that you can say he is a master. I am not sure where there is a "home" with storage that you can keep things without losing them in the university, although there is the Frostcrag spire you can download for a few dollars. You may need to work a bit before you are happy that he is in a place you can call a powerful master wizard.

For Lilith, I imagine you are going to want to get the red velvet dress and garment, not sure if you are going to want to get far enough with mage as to be able to enchant it to be more useful, maybe learn charm spells too. Looking at a page of Oblivion houses, the Summitmist Manor is a place you visit through a Brotherhood mission and has a bed and some free and safe storage after the mission, maybe consider that a goal to be your player home, where maybe she will collect clothes like the signature red dress you want for her, even seeking out shops so she can buy more of such because the clothes make her happy.

Looks like you have Wormwood already figured out, some of the roleplay might really be making a specific choice of keeping him light, that is getting rid of things you think he would not think is necessary, even otherwise good things. Maybe specifically have him never fast travel, as taking in the roads and wilderness is the core part of his character as you have planned to go on every road, visit every inn, as you go on foot.

For The Green Giant in having him be a knight, you are going to want to get Battlehorn Castle, your goal should be to rebuild the castle which will take a total of 15,000 coins. As quickly as possible you are going to want to do the quest; Knights of the White Stallion, which you become a knight at the end of which, so start there when ready, Mazoga the Orc is also a character of interest, an orc who claims to be a knight and is somehow related to the quest. Probably a good idea to put these into your roleplaying.

Not entirely sure what to say about The Swamp Witch, but I guess you will be setting up shop in Bravil, getting the house, and maybe something about the mages guild there.

And with Tiger Eyes, back to what I said about giving him a quirk. If you are willing to buy DLC homes, maybe look towards Dunbarrow Cove, the thieves den download, which is a pirate ship.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2019, 8:49 pm

A lot of those are ideas I've already considered. :) And yes Epona is female lol my bad. :lol:

My "Swamp Witch" Argonian will join the Mage's Guild and I'm thinking she might set up shop in Leyawiin. She might even be the victim of prejudice from the Countess.

But I feel like the dumpy old house in Leyawiin has kind of a witchy look to it wgen decorated right, and the slummy shack in Bravil would be better suited for a theif like my Kahjit.

I was thinking Lilith could be an assassin for the Dark Brotherhood and she makes enough money to live a luxurious lifestyle.

Samedi being an ex-member of the Mage's Guild who turns to the Dark Brotherhood after becoming a Necromancer is a great idea. 8)

I need to think of a good house for each character...

Maybe Bruma for Amazonia, Benirus Manor for Samedi, Alsewell Inn free room for Wormwood, White Stallion Lodge for The Green Giant, Arborwatch for Elios, Rosethorn Hall for Cassanova (with his own girl servant to flirt with), Bravil for Tiger Eyes, Chediynhal for Lilith, and Imperial City Shack for Epona (she helps the local poor in the area like a saintly woman).

I would download the DLC homes but I kind of want to play the game with the default houses. I can get more creative that way. :)

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2019, 9:46 pm

TW1ZTY wrote:
I would download the DLC homes but I kind of want to play the game with the default houses. I can get more creative that way. :)

I do think that you should consider for Green Giant to get the castle, since it gets a goal to look forward to.

I myself was setting up a game to play as a follower of Zenithar. Although I have mostly just down roleplaying in Skyrim. One of my favourites was a vampire hunter who specifically kept the boots of every vampire killed. And one was a wizard that I tried to never use a weapon if possible, only fighting with magic, and collecting every book. And yet another was my vampire necromancer character, although that was all with the old edition on 360 before some of the creation club that included spells like summon zombies, and mods that I could give a more complete necromancer playthrough. A most recent creation club included a house in the sewers just perfect for the thief character I had.

The character I wish I could roleplay would be someone making and or running an inn or tavern, where I can aim to collect all the alcohol, and feel like I am setting up a business to look after guests.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2019, 9:58 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:

I do think that you should consider for Green Giant to get the castle, since it gets a goal to look forward to.

I myself was setting up a game to play as a follower of Zenithar. Although I have mostly just down roleplaying in Skyrim. One of my favourites was a vampire hunter who specifically kept the boots of every vampire killed. And one was a wizard that I tried to never use a weapon if possible, only fighting with magic, and collecting every book. And yet another was my vampire necromancer character, although that was all with the old edition on 360 before some of the creation club that included spells like summon zombies, and mods that I could give a more complete necromancer playthrough. A most recent creation club included a house in the sewers just perfect for the thief character I had.

The character I wish I could roleplay would be someone making and or running an inn or tavern, where I can aim to collect all the alcohol, and feel like I am setting up a business to look after guests.

Are the DLC houses available on Xbox One?

I liked the Wizard Tower, Castle, and Derpscorn Hollow best.

Deepscorn Hollow is perfect for a Necromancer Vampire.

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2019, 10:12 pm

The DLC houses are indeed on Xbox One.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2019, 10:19 pm

Bradleigh wrote:
The DLC houses are indeed on Xbox One.

Awesome! Maybe I'll save some cash for an Xbox Card and download them? :chin:

DeFyYing
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Apr 2019, 10:15 am

My new character has Ayleid heritage (just gonna play as a High Elf with darker skin) and mainly uses destruction, alteration, light armor (Elven armor) and blade skills.

Dx: Bipolar 1 w/ psychotic fx
Social Anxiety Disorder
OCD
Body Dysmorphic Disorder

Bradleigh
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2019, 8:12 pm

DeFyYing wrote:
My new character has Ayleid heritage (just gonna play as a High Elf with darker skin) and mainly uses destruction, alteration, light armor (Elven armor) and blade skills.

Things I know about the Ayleids? I think that they liked the daedra over the gods for their worship, so maybe summon daedra. They were cruel to humans, so much they turned it into a literal artform and entertainment. And they had a thing for starlight.

Try to hoard all the Welkynd stones and Varla Stones. "Taking back" the ruins, and drawing from their wells.