Can't stop thinking about an Asperger's girl at work...

Page 6 of 8 [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2022, 4:45 am

SnPx wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
So you are cheating your GF of 10+ years, and she is cheating her soon-to-be-husband BF.

How wonderful.

I highly doubt your Gf isn’y aware about it yet; have you two considered going poly?

Quote:
I do now realise her initial flirting was just for her own entertainment. I wasn't the only one she was playing with.

In the pre-Political Correctness days, there was a word to describe this type of person.

We never cheated. We have never done anything more than a hug.

She's a complicated individual. I don't expect people to be perfect.

I suspected that. Unless you count strong connections as cheating. :-)

SnPx
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Aug 2022, 6:06 am

rdos wrote:
fez wrote:
I think about it slightly differently. I very seldom meet people I like and connect with and when I do I feel fine ‘falling into them’ it has nothing to do with love or sexual feelings: it is just nice to finally feel connected.

I agree completely. I put a lot of value on having that kind of connection, and if I only had a NT-GF and no kids to take care of, then I'd likely go for it. After all, we only live once, and these things happens very seldom.

My feelings for her are complicated. I'd like it if they were in a nice box but I'm not sure they ever will be. I don't really feel anything sexual for her, but I don't want to think about her like that anyway. I love having this connection to her, I hope her getting married doesn't kill it.

SnPx
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Aug 2022, 6:12 am

rdos wrote:
SnPx wrote:
Just to backfill a little:

I do now realise her initial flirting was just for her own entertainment. I wasn't the only one she was playing with. I should probably be annoyed about that, but I now understand that was a reaction to how men have treated her in the past.

I know she didn't expect to become friends with me, and she has said that she doesn't know why she cares about me but she does.

We did end up holding hands, and we still do when we occasionally meet and there's no one else around.

They may have been times when it could of gone further but I'm terrible at reading the signs and I can't be sure. She did ask me to stay over one night and I said no because of my GF. There are many more things that have happened over the last couple of years which have made me think "maybe" but I've chosen to believe it's all in my head. Even if something could have happened, I'm not sure I wouldn't have wanted to.

If you can communicate with her at a distance, then just continue that way and don't worry about "where it will lead". You should believe those hunches that you get from her, and give some back. A "relationship" cannot possibly get any better than this. If you do think about "getting together" (in spite of her marrying), avoid it. These connections work at a distance, so you don't need to be together all the time to feel connected, and instead you might sabotage your connection.

We don't live close to each other anyway, most of our communication is via messages. Again it's complicated, my priority is that she is happy, and I'm sure that is marrying her BF. I hate being apart from her though, but I know that's just the way it is.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2022, 6:29 am

SnPx wrote:
rdos wrote:
SnPx wrote:

I do now realise her initial flirting was just for her own entertainment. I wasn't the only one she was playing with. I should probably be annoyed about that, but I now understand that was a reaction to how men have treated her in the past.

I know she didn't expect to become friends with me, and she has said that she doesn't know why she cares about me but she does.

We did end up holding hands, and we still do when we occasionally meet and there's no one else around.

They may have been times when it could of gone further but I'm terrible at reading the signs and I can't be sure. She did ask me to stay over one night and I said no because of my GF. There are many more things that have happened over the last couple of years which have made me think "maybe" but I've chosen to believe it's all in my head. Even if something could have happened, I'm not sure I wouldn't have wanted to.

If you can communicate with her at a distance, then just continue that way and don't worry about "where it will lead". You should believe those hunches that you get from her, and give some back. A "relationship" cannot possibly get any better than this. If you do think about "getting together" (in spite of her marrying), avoid it. These connections work at a distance, so you don't need to be together all the time to feel connected, and instead you might sabotage your connection.

We don't live close to each other anyway, most of our communication is via messages. Again it's complicated, my priority is that she is happy, and I'm sure that is marrying her BF. I hate being apart from her though, but I know that's just the way it is.

So, how far away are you from each other?

SnPx
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Aug 2022, 6:37 am

rdos wrote:
SnPx wrote:
rdos wrote:
SnPx wrote:

Over an hours drive away.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2022, 6:42 am

SnPx wrote:
rdos wrote:
SnPx wrote:
rdos wrote:
SnPx wrote:

Over an hours drive away.

In my experience, the connection still works up to a distance of about 200 to 300 kilometers. Although, it works best when the distance is less than 50 km.

SnPx
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Aug 2022, 7:10 am

rdos wrote:
In my experience, the connection still works up to a distance of about 200 to 300 kilometers. Although, it works best when the distance is less than 50 km.

Thanks, it's useful to know other people have similar relationships and they don't have to be anything more than what they are.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2022, 8:30 am

i worked with someone, I suspect she has ASD. We fell in love as co-workers but I had no idea she had feelings for me.

I havent read your OP in great detail but me and this girl had those deep talks like what you wrote about.

A friend of ours saw our behaviour towards each other across the dinner table and just out of the blue suggested we get married. I said I would but said 'but I dont think she would' answering for her :D

We got engaged, but a few things went wrong and I havent heard from her in months.

She is on my mind a lot . So I think you're actually in love with this girl. Problem is , if you confessed your feelings it would put her in a tight spot of having to decide whether or not to run away from her fiance.

I suppose if you feel really strongly for her and wait until she is actually married it will make it worse. But interrupting someone else's engagement isn't a nice option either.

In my case, I suspect that if I married someone else I'd be thinking about my ex, it's kind of messed me up. I would have to meet someone I liked as much or more, which is difficult, to even consider marrying anyone else.

I am also annoyed at myself for having these illogical feelings for someone who doesn't seem to care for me now.

In spite of my age I'm not that experienced with these things. I haven't had the experience of being in love losing her , then meeting someone else. So I don't if meeting someone else cures these feelings that we have for these ladies.

SnPx
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Aug 2022, 9:09 am

klanka wrote:
i worked with someone, I suspect she has ASD. We fell in love as co-workers but I had no idea she had feelings for me.

I havent read your OP in great detail but me and this girl had those deep talks like what you wrote about.

A friend of ours saw our behaviour towards each other across the dinner table and just out of the blue suggested we get married. I said I would but said 'but I dont think she would' answering for her :D

People who don't know us often think we're a couple. Close friends have asked if something is going on.

klanka wrote:
We got engaged, but a few things went wrong and I havent heard from her in months.

She is on my mind a lot . So I think you're actually in love with this girl. Problem is , if you confessed your feelings it would put her in a tight spot of having to decide whether or not to run away from her fiance.

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't had the same thought. I know how I feel is pretty much the classic description of being in love.
If you'd asked me before I met her I would of just told you it's a thing that hormonal teenagers feel, and not something you experience again as an adult.

klanka wrote:
I suppose if you feel really strongly for her and wait until she is actually married it will make it worse. But interrupting someone else's engagement isn't a nice option either.

Asking a woman to break her engagement is actually quite socially acceptable, whereas asking a woman to run away from her husband is a different story. You might as well, you dont want to be kicking yourself later.

She's the happiest she's every been. There's no way I'm going to spoil that for her.
It's not like she'd pick me over her BF anyway, he's better than me in every way.

klanka wrote:
In my case, I suspect that if I married someone else I'd be thinking about my ex, it's kind of messed me up. I would have to meet someone I liked as much or more, which is difficult, to even consider marrying anyone else.

I am also annoyed at myself for having these illogical feelings for someone who doesn't seem to care for me now.

Most of the time it's manageable, I'm happy being friends with her. I just don't want my feelings to spoil that by saying or doing something stupid.

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2022, 9:23 am

klanka wrote:

I think it might be a mistake to get into a normal relationship, even more to become engaged or married, when you have that kind of strong feelings. They are meant for building a connection, and too much talking & social life will spoil it.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2022, 9:31 am

rdos wrote:
klanka wrote:

I think it might be a mistake to get into a normal relationship, even more to become engaged or married, when you have that kind of strong feelings. They are meant for building a connection, and too much talking & social life will spoil it.

I'm confused as to how you worded it.
You're saying you shouldnt marry anyone you feel strongly about?

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2022, 9:36 am

I don't know if this romantic love thing is a lifelong sentence. I mean, if you met someone else you loved would you still be in love with her? I don't know how it works exactly, despite there being 2 trillion songs and books on the subject :D

If I were able to marry my ex and have it stable I would love to and wouldnt replace her for the world, but as we're not in contact I'm hoping that meeting someone else is the answer.

We only hung out for 2 months and I had over a year of feeling bad about it ending, not a great deal in my estimation I'll tell ya.

You're measuring whether he is better than you 'in every way' by your bloke standards. She might have different standards.

SnPx
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

02 Aug 2022, 9:49 am

klanka wrote:
I don't know if this romantic love thing is a lifelong sentence. I mean, if you met someone else you loved would you still be in love with her? I don't know how it works exactly, despite there being 2 trillion songs and books on the subject :D

If I were able to marry my ex and have it stable I would love to and wouldnt replace her for the world, but as we're not in contact I'm hoping that meeting someone else is the answer.

We only hung out for 2 months and I had over a year of feeling bad about it ending, not a great deal in my estimation I'll tell ya.

You just have to enjoy things while you can. Nothing lasts forever.

klanka wrote:
You're measuring whether he is better than you 'in every way' by your bloke standards. She might have different standards.

I still wouldn't do anything to spoil how happy she is. That's the only thing I really care about.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2022, 10:04 am

What you have said is true, just want to end this obsession and one sided B.S. that I'm going through

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2022, 10:06 am

klanka wrote:
rdos wrote:
klanka wrote:

I'm confused as to how you worded it.
You're saying you shouldnt marry anyone you feel strongly about?

It might sound a bit harsh, but that's the essence of it. Dating, commitment, engagement & marriage are NT constructs poorly adapted to autistics. Nonverbal distance stuff & strong infatuations go particularly poorly with dating and all the rest. In fact, they get spoiled by it.

klanka
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2022, 12:15 pm

So, in your opinion , what should someone do with a strong infatuation?