Page 5 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 6:29 am

EzraS wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
EzraS wrote:
This might come as a surprise to you but as an American I was taught a lot about the history and geography of the United States.
ignorant as the toothless blue overall gun toting pick up truck driving republican hordes from the American "heartland"

The irony of your bigoted statement is that Australians are steriotyped here as being "UK rednecks" "Ignorant as the toothless blue overall gun toting pick up truck driving" etc. Same country bumpkin hayseed steriotype.

I have to agree with EzraZ, and I don't normally agree with him on most issues. But Cyberdad you're being just as ignorant and prejudice as you always accuse white people of being when you say things like that.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 7:13 am

beneficii wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Unfortunately, we’ve been getting the kind of government we deserve for the last 50 years.

The American people don't deserve it. We deserve better, and that's what we're fighting for NOW! Are you going to join up and help us, or are you going to sit and bellyache on the sidelines?

You're pushing for Tulsi then? Great :)

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 7:55 am

Darmok wrote:
EzraS wrote:
I can't get the video to play :(

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/1186781140352454657

LOL, slow Joe got caught and is now trying to weasel out. Translation of this tweet: "Vote for me because I choose words poorly, unlike Trump who chooses words carefully." 8)

This wasn’t the right word to use and I’m sorry about that. Trump on the other hand chose his words deliberately today in his use of the word lynching and continues to stoke racial divides in this country daily. https://t.co/mHfFC8HluZ
— Joe Biden (@JoeBiden) October 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/118 ... wsrc%5Etfw

There Are Four Lights!

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 8:50 am

EzraS wrote:
In my opinion America is not an empire. The only places the US actually governs globally are a few islands. The rest of its global involvement is butting into the affairs of other countries.

Even so I think it's obvious that the US has been falling apart since the Veitnam war. We might someday suffer the same fate as the USSR and our states will break up leaving many people starving and unprotected from outside enemy invaders.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 8:51 am

The US is not nearly in the state that the USSR was in circa 1990.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 8:56 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
The US is not nearly in the state that the USSR was in circa 1990.

But you never know if that could one day change. All countries change over time. Some more slowly than others.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 9:00 am

They've been preordaining the destruction of the United States-----since the United States began.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 9:01 am

Tulsi Gabbard seems all right in most respects.

What do you find that's so great about Tulsi Gabbard?

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 9:02 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
They've been preordaining the destruction of the United States-----since the United States began.

Maybe because people knew it will happen sooner or later?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 9:11 am

Now come on....has it happened in 243 years?

We're still here....despite all that's happened in 243 years. And....a lot has happened.

The phenomenon of Trump is nothing compared to what's happened in the past.

In, say, 2024, I bet Trump will be seen as being a "flash in the pan."

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 23 Oct 2019, 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 9:11 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Maybe because people can't stand to see a country that bases its continued existence on both civil liberties and capitalism.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 9:13 am

Yeah, you guys are right. I really hope I'm wrong in my pessemistic views on the future.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 9:20 am

I hope so too, TW1ZTY.

Hope is sometimes all we have.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 10:11 am

TW1ZTY wrote:
Yeah, you guys are right. I really hope I'm wrong in my pessemistic views on the future.

What I was taught by my grandfather when it comes to worrying about the future, which everyone does in one way or another. Is to say "not today". Maybe this or that will happen, but it's not going to happen today. And that's how us mere mortals get through this life, one day at a time. One day you might find yourself in a terrible situation, but not today.

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 11:37 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Tulsi Gabbard seems all right in most respects.

What do you find that's so great about Tulsi Gabbard?

She's the most anti war candidate and calls out Trump on real issues.

The quagmire in Afghanistan is what finished the Soviets. The US is in a quagmire in the Middle East and its attempted coups are starting to fail miserably. Only Tulsi and Trump seem to notice this or care.

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

23 Oct 2019, 11:38 am

Fnord wrote:
TW1ZTY wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Maybe because people can't stand to see a country that bases its continued existence on both civil liberties and capitalism.

More like a surveillance state with crony capitalism.