Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2019, 5:52 pm

You should listen to airchecks of the WMCA "Good Guys" from the 1960's.

WMCA was a New York City music station. They played top 40 music.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2019, 6:06 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:

Interesting... :wink:

eilishbillie987
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Apr 2019, 4:18 am

maybe they are collectively delusional

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2019, 4:38 am

Take this video with a grain of salt...
I had a look at another one from the same guy and it seemed loosey-goosey with the information without any source references...
A lot of comments have a problem with this guy...<shrug>

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2019, 1:35 pm

Pepe wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

Interesting... :wink:

WMCA airchecks

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2019, 1:47 pm

Allied war crimes during World War II - Wikipedia

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

eilishbillie987
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Apr 2019, 6:35 pm

i dont think leaders are typically viewed as intelligent in an original way in human history . most of them are viewed as with serious character flaws that resonate with millions with similar character flaws. thats human history i believe..

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2019, 6:35 pm

there are never any "good guys", this is a meme

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

eilishbillie987
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Apr 2019, 7:12 pm

the past thirty years of america was a mistake that sent both the world and america itself into the awful state of the world we are in , and thats what human beings in the future will remember us for forever forever forever .. voters are more intuitive than thought in fictions, and cynicism recompensates the dumbness obviously.. what during the past thirty years traumatized millennials and zoomers psyche it reflects in how they vote .. they hadnt evaluated that decades ago.. and for now i dont see anything changing .. they are myopically ,nostagically and cluelessly onto something more awful so let them keep bringing it on ..? hahaha..

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2019, 9:40 am

Although it's not my country and I probably shouldn't criticize from that perspective, the episode with the Vlasov men turned my stomach a bit - ie. turning over Russian rebels, which really should have been refugees, to Stalin. Think of a bunch of men, wedged against certain doom, jumping off a bridge en mass because they'd rather be dead than go back to Russia and you get the drift.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2019, 9:45 am

Kiprobalhato wrote:
there are never any "good guys", this is a meme

Much of the time it's choosing 'least bad', the rule used to be 'pick the side in favor of liberal democracy' but I think the military industrial complex maxed that out in he last 50 years or so and after he cold war the justifiable excuses for that got thinner.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2019, 9:47 am

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Although it's not my country and I probably shouldn't criticize from that perspective, the episode with the Vlasov men turned my stomach a bit - ie. turning over Russian rebels, which really should have been refugees, to Stalin. Think of a bunch of men, wedged against certain doom, jumping off a bridge en mass because they'd rather be dead than go back to Russia and you get the drift.

I should add - Churchill did that after offering them asylum if they laid down their weapons.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2019, 2:28 pm

I have trouble with the self-righteous hypocrisy of ill-informed, biased and stupid people......

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2019, 3:19 pm

Pepe wrote:
I have trouble with the self-righteous hypocrisy of ill-informed, biased and stupid people......

Awe... but they feel like they look *so* much smarter getting on like that!