Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ollychan
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2019, 9:23 am

natural language provably resembles more like chemical bonding .. not exactly..

ollychan
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2019, 12:46 pm

well humans originated in africa so we ll have a pacific centric map..

ollychan
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2019, 10:43 pm

the swadesh list def resembles the mendeleev periodic table ..

doolaloo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Jun 2019, 9:20 pm

在遥远的冰岛,中国人很稀罕,所以我的来访极受欢迎。一对青年夫妇兴冲冲把我请到家中,因为他们竟然会讲中文。
  开始他们有点紧张,所以先说英文。几年前得到一本学中文的小书,还有一本《汉英辞典》,便开始自学。如今已经学得不错,可惜没见过中国人,只能自己对话。今天总算有了机会!对,他们还取了中文名字,小伙子叫王老龙,姑娘叫张小凤。
  王老龙先开口了:“先生吴,请你欢我们的迎!”
  我睁大眼睛,半天没眨一下。——他说的是什么呀。正在这时,张小凤也开口了:“我们真愿意被你碰上,非非常。”
  我还愣着,王老龙更来了精神,“一个人的中国足足奇怪了冰岛,所有人的冰岛欢严重的迎对中国,多么多么。”当他们满意地微笑,我才来得及惋惜地想了一下:只凭一本薄薄的小册子,他们学偏了,学成了稀奇古怪的“冰岛中文”。
  他们意犹未尽,非要和我做中文对话。我急忙用英语谦虚地说:虽然是中国人,可我讲的是方言。能不能由他们对话,我来听。想了一下,他们告诉我,来一段“爱情对话”,就有声有色地说开了。
    “啊,王老龙。”
    “呀,张小凤!”
    “请你被我爱。”
    “请你被我爱也。”
    “你是我的甜心,非常。”
    “你岂不是更一个甜心,非非常。”
    “天涯海角,那感情让我们万水千山。”
    “天涯海角,万水千山!”
  他们说得如醉如痴,我却听得稀里糊涂。这天涯海角的冰岛中文,真的把我抛进了万水千山。我还在发呆,他们又要讲一个关于冰岛的美丽传说。
  “一个时代以前的长长,”王老龙先开始了,“很多冰是冰岛的未来。这里是一个太阳火,燃烧七根光线给地球。一个父母属于十个儿童,鱼的生活从天到夜幸福很。各孩子发现一甜心,你被爱我每个别人……”
  王老龙洋洋洒洒,把我抛入云雾之中。终于,张小凤兴奋地做了收尾:“冰变化了大海,人变化了冰,冰里的房子房子上的人,被太阳猛烈燃烧。……一个时代以前的长长,很多冰……”
  讲完以后,他们满意地对视,然后又看着我。我几乎被感动了,不是被那个听不懂的传说,而是被两个沉醉于冰岛中文的大儿童。我为他们惋惜:苦学多年,却学成了荒诞不经的语言。但说到“用处”,他们却明确地点头。
  “对谁讲这种语言呢?”我不解地问。
  “不对别人,”王老龙也说英文,“只对我们自己。”
  “你们自己?”
  “对呀,”张小凤说:“在家里,我们经常讲中文,很有意思。在外面,就更好了,我们对话,外人听不懂。有时候,在旅行中,我们互相表达感情,说得非常感动,几乎要哭了,别人却不知道我们说什么。”
  听着,想着,我忽然间悟到:这不是一套错误的病句,而是一种新语言——地球上五千种语言之外的新语言。尽管它只属于两个人,却具备语言的全部功能:描述概念,传递思想,表达感情……
  分手的时候,他们依依不舍,真挚地用全新的“冰岛中文”向我告别。
  王老龙说:“先生吴,我们高今天的兴,很严重。”
  张小凤说:“你被我们抓住了朋友,已经。”
  王老龙说:“我和我的糟糠,宁愿再做美饭喂你。”
  他们还说:“你不许不再来慰问我们。俺乃朋友,每一口别人。”
  我走出他们的家门,一边招手,一边试着说:“俺高自己的兴,多么多么。严重的愿意被你们抓住。做美饭喂我吧,那感情让我们万水千山,非非常。”他们满意地笑着,一面使劲挥手。
  我开车走着,一句句回味着刚才的对话,心头飘满了崭新的东西。我计划再来拜访他们,并决定拜他们为师。凭着我的语言功底,我一定能很快学会,成为这个世界上会说“冰岛中文”的第三个人。

doolaloo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

doolaloo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Jun 2019, 10:08 pm

tone conjugation and tone declension ..

doolaloo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Jun 2019, 10:10 pm

doolaloo wrote:
tone conjugation and tone declension ..

wo néng
ni něng
ta nèng

doolaloo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jun 2019, 2:30 am

doolaloo wrote:
在遥远的冰岛,中国人很稀罕,所以我的来访极受欢迎。一对青年夫妇兴冲冲把我请到家中,因为他们竟然会讲中文。
  开始他们有点紧张,所以先说英文。几年前得到一本学中文的小书,还有一本《汉英辞典》,便开始自学。如今已经学得不错,可惜没见过中国人,只能自己对话。今天总算有了机会!对,他们还取了中文名字,小伙子叫王老龙,姑娘叫张小凤。
  王老龙先开口了:“先生吴,请你欢我们的迎!”
  我睁大眼睛,半天没眨一下。——他说的是什么呀。正在这时,张小凤也开口了:“我们真愿意被你碰上,非非常。”
  我还愣着,王老龙更来了精神,“一个人的中国足足奇怪了冰岛,所有人的冰岛欢严重的迎对中国,多么多么。”当他们满意地微笑,我才来得及惋惜地想了一下:只凭一本薄薄的小册子,他们学偏了,学成了稀奇古怪的“冰岛中文”。
  他们意犹未尽,非要和我做中文对话。我急忙用英语谦虚地说:虽然是中国人,可我讲的是方言。能不能由他们对话,我来听。想了一下,他们告诉我,来一段“爱情对话”,就有声有色地说开了。
    “啊,王老龙。”
    “呀,张小凤!”
    “请你被我爱。”
    “请你被我爱也。”
    “你是我的甜心,非常。”
    “你岂不是更一个甜心,非非常。”
    “天涯海角,那感情让我们万水千山。”
    “天涯海角,万水千山!”
  他们说得如醉如痴,我却听得稀里糊涂。这天涯海角的冰岛中文,真的把我抛进了万水千山。我还在发呆,他们又要讲一个关于冰岛的美丽传说。
  “一个时代以前的长长,”王老龙先开始了,“很多冰是冰岛的未来。这里是一个太阳火,燃烧七根光线给地球。一个父母属于十个儿童,鱼的生活从天到夜幸福很。各孩子发现一甜心,你被爱我每个别人……”
  王老龙洋洋洒洒,把我抛入云雾之中。终于,张小凤兴奋地做了收尾:“冰变化了大海,人变化了冰,冰里的房子房子上的人,被太阳猛烈燃烧。……一个时代以前的长长,很多冰……”
  讲完以后,他们满意地对视,然后又看着我。我几乎被感动了,不是被那个听不懂的传说,而是被两个沉醉于冰岛中文的大儿童。我为他们惋惜:苦学多年,却学成了荒诞不经的语言。但说到“用处”,他们却明确地点头。
  “对谁讲这种语言呢?”我不解地问。
  “不对别人,”王老龙也说英文,“只对我们自己。”
  “你们自己?”
  “对呀,”张小凤说:“在家里,我们经常讲中文,很有意思。在外面,就更好了,我们对话,外人听不懂。有时候,在旅行中,我们互相表达感情,说得非常感动,几乎要哭了,别人却不知道我们说什么。”
  听着,想着,我忽然间悟到:这不是一套错误的病句,而是一种新语言——地球上五千种语言之外的新语言。尽管它只属于两个人,却具备语言的全部功能:描述概念,传递思想,表达感情……
  分手的时候,他们依依不舍,真挚地用全新的“冰岛中文”向我告别。
  王老龙说:“先生吴,我们高今天的兴,很严重。”
  张小凤说:“你被我们抓住了朋友,已经。”
  王老龙说:“我和我的糟糠,宁愿再做美饭喂你。”
  他们还说:“你不许不再来慰问我们。俺乃朋友,每一口别人。”
  我走出他们的家门,一边招手,一边试着说:“俺高自己的兴,多么多么。严重的愿意被你们抓住。做美饭喂我吧,那感情让我们万水千山,非非常。”他们满意地笑着,一面使劲挥手。
  我开车走着,一句句回味着刚才的对话,心头飘满了崭新的东西。我计划再来拜访他们,并决定拜他们为师。凭着我的语言功底,我一定能很快学会,成为这个世界上会说“冰岛中文”的第三个人。

doolaloo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jun 2019, 2:37 am

doolaloo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jun 2019, 3:00 am

doolaloo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

doolaloo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

doolaloo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jun 2019, 3:30 am

doolaloo wrote:
http://awesomefrench.tumblr.com/post/54937187396/arabic-words-used-in-french-slang

Arabic words used in French slang
bled from bilād بَلَد village, city, home

caïd from qā'id قائد chef, rebellious people

casbah from qaṣba قصبة home

chouf/chouffer from šuf ! شُفْ to look, like dealers look around if there are cops

chouiya from šuwayya شوية a little

clebs from (magh.) kelb كَلْب a dog

fissa or fissa-fissa from (alg.) fi s-sā3a في آلساعة fast

flouze from (alg.) flūs فُلوس money

glaoui from (magh.) qlawī قلوي testicles

guitoune from (alg.) qiṭūn قيطون a shelter, a small place you go to

"kiffer" from كَيف (no other explanation found) to like

kif-kif from doubled kif’ كفء so and so, similar

lascar from al 3askar العسكر a big guy

maboul from (alg.) maẖbūl مخبول crazy

niquer from gérondif naik / nīk نيك. to f**k

nouba from nûba نوبة a party

rallouf from ḥallūf حلّوف ham, pig

ramdam from ramadan رمضان noise

razzia from (alg.) ġāzya « attaque », de l'arabe classique classique ġazw(a) ou ġazā غزاة غزوة غزو to buy/take everything in sight

smala from (magh.) zmāla زمالة family

souk from sūq سوق messy place

toubib from ṭabīb طَبِيب doctor

zob from zubb زبّ penis

languagehopper
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Jun 2019, 2:26 am

ollychan wrote:
Quote:
Я помню чудное мгновенье

I have rendered the syllables by the nearest English sounds I could find; their mimetic disguise makes them look rather ugly; but never mind; the “chew” and the “vain” are associated phonetically with other Russian words meaning beautiful and important things, and the melody of the line with the plump, golden-ripe “chewed-no-yay” right in the middle and the “m’s” and “n’s” balancing each other on both sides, is to the Russian ear most exciting and soothing—a paradoxical combination that any artist will understand.

Now, if you take a dictionary and look up those four words you will obtain the following foolish, flat and familiar statement: “I remember a wonderful moment.” What is to be done with this bird you have shot down only to find that it is not a bird of paradise, but an escaped parrot, still screeching its idiotic message as it flaps on the ground? For no stretch of the imagination can persuade an English reader that “I remember a wonderful moment” is the perfect beginning of a perfect poem. The first thing I discovered was that the expression “a literal translation” is more or less nonsense. “Yah pom-new” is a deeper and smoother plunge into the past than “I remember,” which falls flat on its belly like an inexperienced diver; “chewed-no-yay” has a lovely Russian “monster” in it, and a whispered “listen,” and the dative ending of a “sunbeam,” and many other fair relations among Russian words. It belongs phonetically and mentally to a certain series of words, and this Russian series does not correspond to the English series in which “I remember” is found. And inversely, “remember,” though it clashes with the corresponding “pom-new” series, is connected with an English series of its own whenever real poets do use it. And the central word in Housman’s “What are those blue remembered hills?” becomes in Russian “vspom-neev-she-yesyah,” a horrible straggly thing, all humps and horns, which cannot fuse into any inner connection with “blue,” as it does so smoothly in English, because the Russian sense of blueness belongs to a different series than the Russian “remember” does.

This interrelation of words and non-correspondence of verbal series in different tongues suggest yet another rule, namely, that the three main words of the line draw one another out, and add something which none of them would have had separately or in any other combination. What makes this exchange of secret values possible is not only the mere contact between the words, but their exact position in regard both to the rhythm of the line and to one another. This must be taken into account by the translator.

Finally, there is the problem of the rhyme. “Mg-no-vainyay” has over two thousand Jack-in-the-box rhymes popping out at the slightest pressure, whereas I cannot think of one to “moment.” The position of “mg-no-vain-yay” at the end of the line is not negligible either, due as it is to Pushkin’s more or less consciously knowing that he would not have to hunt for its mate. But the position of “moment” in the English line implies no such security; on the contrary he would be a singularly reckless fellow who placed it there.

Thus I was confronted by that opening line, so full of Pushkin, so individual and harmonious; and after examining it gingerly from the various angles here suggested, I tackled it. The tackling process lasted the worst part of the night. I did translate it at last; but to give my version at this point might lead the reader to doubt that perfection be attainable by merely following a few perfect rules.

The plain English line seems promising and inspiring to me:

I remember a wonderful moment
When time stood still to last an eternity

This bookmarked point in time stands ever ready
There when I need it as a place of safety within my own head
Out of reach of prying eyes and demanding voices.

Peace and quiet resonate from it
Spilling over into the present moment like an infectious smile
Casting a warm light upon my mind
Lifting it out of the gloom and shadow
Refreshing and reinforcing me in this present moment now.

Но я тоже должна прочитать это по-русски