I feel like a weirdo because I'm single

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2019, 11:32 am

To be honest I don't think I have really ever been in a relationship with someone, I have only really been friends with girls although when I last saw someone I was friends with, she asked if I'd be her boyfriend but I was unsure of it, and felt like wasn't ready yet because it was too soon having met her that very day. I feel sometimes like weirdo around people especially in my family and siblings having boyfriends and girlfriends and I'm still single. On my stepmum's side of the family in Essex I feel like everyone there has a girlfriend or boyfriend and think everyone there is more attractive than me. I do get asked at times 'you got a girlfriend yet ?' which gets on my nerves and it makes me wonder how I will when I don't like and don't go out on weekends to social environments such clubs, pubs and bars and don't have any friends who do that stuff and are not going-out types. The girl I last saw I just met in a quiet shop and spoke to her at the counter and asked her out there and I haven't done that since.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2019, 11:56 am

Loads of people are single.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2019, 1:28 pm

I feel as free as a bird because I'm single.

BlueIris24
Raven
Raven

03 Apr 2019, 1:35 pm

You're not a weirdo. There's plenty of people who are single, sometimes by no choice of their own. It's just how things turn out sometimes.

ElabR8Aspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Apr 2019, 3:42 pm

At the end of the day,the capitalist system advocates partnerships as a means to make more money.

Don't buy into the soap opera around you and beat life to your own drum.

Bide your time,just be happy and live in the present.

Care little on what others are doing.

Master your own singledom.

Autiste
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Apr 2019, 3:53 pm

I guess it depends whether you, personally, want/need to be in a relationship or not.

I'm aromantic asexual, so in general relationships aren't worth the hassle, but on the other hand those not in a relationship don't have someone special and who they are special to, and most people really want/need that. And there's sex of course, which most people seem to need.

I have a number of good, supportive people in my life now, but not being in a relationship can still be lonely, even though I don't actually want one. Sometimes there's no good answer!

ElabR8Aspie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Apr 2019, 3:58 pm

^Want/needs are the operative words and source of unnecessary inner mind turmoil.

If one wants or needs something,they manifest it,rather than dwelling on it.

Imho.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2019, 5:27 pm

BlueIris24 wrote:
You're not a weirdo. There's plenty of people who are single, sometimes by no choice of their own. It's just how things turn out sometimes.

I concur. Chris, if you feel like you are not ready for a relationship, then don't worry about it.