Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2019, 8:13 am

Many times finding employment is related to location. These are currently the best States to seek employment:

Colorado, New Hampshire, Utah, Minnesota, Idaho, Massachusetts, Texas, North Carolina, California, and Georgia.

At the bottom of the list is West Virginia, Alaska, New Mexico, Wyoming and Louisiana.

Source: These are the best states for job seekers

But sometimes the reason why there are great employment opportunities is because of high cost of living. So even though you may find a job, it may be impossible to live there because the cost of housing, fuel, utilities, food is way too high for newcomers. But it might be a way to get your foot in the door and once established in an occupation to move on.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 10:25 pm

I think politics is also a factor. Places like California are in high demand partially because of their progressive policies, and their cultural diversity.

Texas has tons of good jobs, and our economy is booming, but our education system is a laughingstock. Teachers are severely underpaid and have to pay for supplies out of their own pockets. The school districts have more than enough money to pay them, but they bust budgets on shiny new football stadiums. Students are taught only to pass standardized tests and follow orders.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Apr 2019, 10:57 pm

I'm from Louisiana & their education is a laughing stock too & has similar issues for teachers. I know cuz my mom is a retired teacher. I think the education problem is a big reason why they are at the bottom of that list. Another big reason is that alot of the jobs involve the oil industry like offshore drilling stuff. Louisiana's economy suffers majorly when the oil industry isn't doing too well.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2019, 12:07 pm

nick007 wrote:
I'm from Louisiana & their education is a laughing stock too & has similar issues for teachers. I know cuz my mom is a retired teacher. I think the education problem is a big reason why they are at the bottom of that list. Another big reason is that alot of the jobs involve the oil industry like offshore drilling stuff. Louisiana's economy suffers majorly when the oil industry isn't doing too well.

Still better than Oklahoma. That place is the worst.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2019, 11:16 pm

North Carolina's education isn't exactly the worst in the country, but it is one of the most poorly funded. I'm a bit shocked that the state is one of the best states to find jobs.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2019, 8:29 pm

Social_Fantom wrote:
North Carolina's education isn't exactly the worst in the country, but it is one of the most poorly funded. I'm a bit shocked that the state is one of the best states to find jobs.

Long time no see, S_F!

Isn’t the Raleigh-Durham area basically the Silicon Valley of the East Coast?