Page 4 of 5 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2019, 10:52 pm

The first woman I fell in love with was at first sight and it was with a friend's sister. I remember the first time I hung out with him at his house I was sitting next to him in his room and his mom entered the room and started asking him some questions, but then his sister walked into the doorway and I was suddenly overwhelmed with feelings I had never felt and I wanted to know everything about her. I must have had a silly look on my face because she smiled and looked down and bit and backed out of the room. Well, from that moment I struggled with these emotions because I had no idea how to be around her, or even approach her the way I wanted to.

So while I could be friendly with her and get along really well, I could never bring myself to tell her how I truly felt, I was able to tell my friends, but that didn't help because I was absolutely clueless and they didn't know how to help. Fast forward a few years and she get's married to another friend of mine. It took a more aggressive woman to reach me, to build my inner confidence to the idea I was good enough for her. I am not saying that is how he feels about you though he could. I am saying don't let the moment pass you by, it sounds like he is into you hurtloam. Your chances are infinitely better if you take a chance than if you do nothing at all.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2019, 11:32 pm

I know the very moment that relationship changes if I would have just kissed her in that moment. I missed that moment, that chance, and all that was left was regret. I was too shy, I lacked the confidence to act on it.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2019, 6:50 am

I understand what you're saying. It's better to make a move than be regretful.

But there are so many single women closer to his own age that we are friendly with. Why would he like me? Maybe he blushes around all of us.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

13 Apr 2019, 7:26 am

hurtloam wrote:

But there are so many single women closer to his own age that we are friendly with. Why would he like me? Maybe he blushes around all of us.
Some guys are more attracted to older women than women their own age

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2019, 7:55 am

Does the idea of being with him sexually arouse you?
That would determine if you really want him or not.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2019, 8:40 am

hurtloam wrote:

What's the age difference?

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2019, 9:03 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Does the idea of being with him sexually arouse you?
That would determine if you really want him or not.

I'm intrigued that you think I don't :scratch:

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2019, 9:07 am

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

8 years. He's 29.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2019, 9:13 am

Aww....

Be gentle with him in bed, don't break him.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2019, 9:26 am

hurtloam wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

8 years. He's 29.

Ahhh ok, that's not terrible.

Do you know if he wants to have children or not? I'd imagine you don't, but if you can somehow ascertain that information by starting a topic of conversation that you coax to that subject, you'll be able to discern whether or not there's even a chance you're even in with a chance. I know you said you don't want children, and if he does then chances are he's looking for somebody younger. If he says maybe, that's something to be wary of also, but if he says no, there probably isn't a reason why he wouldn't date someone 8 years his senior.

That being said, I always think it's best to remain emotionally reserved about romance unless you're pretty well certain that it's going to bloom, so keeping expectations low is a good thing if you don't have much to point to that proves that the guy you like is into you.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2019, 11:47 am

^^ good advice

Although it's really difficult not to become attached to friends you See on a regular basis.

Last edited by hurtloam on 13 Apr 2019, 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2019, 12:02 pm

hurtloam wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

8 years. He's 29.

My ex was 7 years older than me and she was smoking hot, age is just a number when you're into one another. I once went to a store and unexpectedly ran into someone I had a crush on a few years before. She was a cashier and when I looked up and noticed who it was I got physically weak in the knees and a bit faint. She took my breath away and I could hardly find the words. I would imagine I was blushing to boot. That sort of thing doesn't happen with just anyone, at least not for me it doesn't.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2019, 12:05 pm

The age difference is insignificant when one is late 20’s, and the other mid 30’s.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2019, 12:09 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
The age difference is insignificant when one is late 20’s, and the other mid 30’s.

I'll be 38 this year:(

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2019, 12:11 pm

Still insignificant.

If you were in your 50s.....Maybe.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 13 Apr 2019, 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2019, 12:14 pm

hurtloam wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:

I'll be 38 this year:(

Please, stop selling yourself short.