Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Apr 2019, 8:18 am

Does anyone else here enjoy traveling solely for the purpose of attending sporting events, aka sports tourism? I just went to a National Lacrosse League game in Toronto last night and am going to another one tonight in Rochester.

Some good websites for anyone interested in this hobby:
www.thesportsroadtrip.com
www.stadiumjourney.com
www.ohlarenaguide.com

Eurythmic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2019, 5:16 am

I'm not into watching other people play sports, but I do enjoy going to other cities and states to participate in my chosen sport. It's a nice opportunity to explore the outdoors in other places and enjoy a minibreak away.

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2019, 5:25 am

Does watching a team who play a long way away count? I wouldn't go and see random games but I go up to Glasgow every year. Even when I lived in the English midlands I went.

My favourite was like a tourist experience. We stopped off in Edinburgh on the day after. Trouble is train prices are ridiculous these days so it's literally a case of there and back in a day to save on hotels.

Sod it this is what I'm going to spend some of my winnings on if I win that poetry competition thing. I might actually have money if I do that.

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Apr 2019, 7:11 am

TUF wrote:
Does watching a team who play a long way away count? I wouldn't go and see random games but I go up to Glasgow every year. Even when I lived in the English midlands I went.

My favourite was like a tourist experience. We stopped off in Edinburgh on the day after. Trouble is train prices are ridiculous these days so it's literally a case of there and back in a day to save on hotels.

Sod it this is what I'm going to spend some of my winnings on if I win that poetry competition thing. I might actually have money if I do that.

Absolutely! I love going to games when visiting my relatives in Pittsburgh and Phoenix!

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2019, 3:29 pm

It would be a dream of mine to watch a tennis tournament at an actual venue. My favorites would be Indian Wells, the U.S. Open and Wimbledon.

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2019, 6:26 pm

IstominFan wrote:
It would be a dream of mine to watch a tennis tournament at an actual venue. My favorites would be Indian Wells, the U.S. Open and Wimbledon.

:D Same! This is why I came here, to comment this. I absolutely love tennis and Roger Federer in particular. I also love baseball and have never been to a game but I'd like to travel to go to a few. I played both when I was younger and just fell in love with both of the sports.

SportsGamer35728
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Apr 2019, 6:40 am

BrokenPieces wrote:
IstominFan wrote:

:D Same! This is why I came here, to comment this. I absolutely love tennis and Roger Federer in particular. I also love baseball and have never been to a game but I'd like to travel to go to a few. I played both when I was younger and just fell in love with both of the sports.

I've walked around the grounds of where they have the U.S. Open. Fortunately I live close to Toronto so hopefully soon I'll be able to go to the Rogers Cup there.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 9:28 pm

I like Federer, Nadal and Denis Istomin.