Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2019, 5:56 am

About 15 years ago I took stock of my diet and improved my lifestyle, lost 3 stone 4 lb. I got very into all the nutrition stuff because you have to. Then five years ago I had some problems with my tummy so had to change my diet to try different elimination diets ect and because I had very low iron. I've sorted the problems out but I've ended up almost back to where I started as far as what I'm eating. My weight hasn't gone up but I want to go back to eating healthily but it's bizarrely difficult.

The more I research the more obvious it is that no body has a clue what we should be eating and that everything is killing us. The only the instinct is to give up and eat what I like but I know this is what they want, get confused, give up, eat crap. And I'm too f*****g stubborn. The NHS guidelines and everyone else assumes the only thing that matters is loosing weight. I want to give myself the best chance of avoiding getting ill due to poor diet, but no one can agree on what that is, or what is or isn't refined, or whether legumes and root veg are good for you, and even nuts! I've given up the farmed meats because I can't afford the ethically reared ones and am left with tinned sea fish but you're not supposed to eat more than 2-3 tines a week because of the magnesium and organic eggs.

And our Minister for health says people need to take more responsibility for their health. BY EATING WHAT.

I'm just venting, don't attempt nutrition advice, I will probably eat you. Feel free to join me in my moaning though.

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2019, 3:17 pm

Ugh, I agree it's hard not to just give up and eat whatever. I've done it before and quit because I'm stubborn. I want to eat whatever I want but I'm too in tune with how foods make me feel. There's no way I get in the amount of nutrition I'm supposed to have in a day but it's too stressful to care that much.

I wish there was a pill we could take with all the nutrients you need for a day. :? But people would argue over that too.