Has anyone else had their DNA tested on 23andme or similar

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Jon81
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Apr 2019, 3:29 pm

Jesus, more Neanderthal than 99% of the users? I thought I was special with having 294 genes, which is more than 78% of the users. I have a lot of neanderthal traits such as picking stuff from my skin and a compact body. I think they were quite accurate with their identification of my traits based on how other people with similar genes behave.

No health risks at all. Unfortunately no fun match with anybody. I guess the best part is the power athlete genetic setup is the only thing that I enjoyed finding out. I have always felt strong and explosive in my body.

100% European

Northwestern European
95.4%

Scandinavian
83.0%
Sweden, Norway, + 1 more

British & Irish
2.8%

Finnish
1.8%

French & German
1.4%

Broadly Northwestern European
6.4%

Southern European
2.7%

Italian
2.7%

Eastern European
1.9%

The test was to be used on my son, but there was no way we would get him to spit, so I was the next one in line. There was some gene in there that had some sort of autism connection. However, the doctors at the habilitation center said I don't have any of the commonly known ones.

Diagnosed with ADHD 2022

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 4:17 pm

I have the Neanderthal variant for extremely slightly reduced height. I know from uploading my father's raw data and mine to https://yourdnaportal.com it's on my paternal side. I have 296 variants which is more than 81% of 23andMe customers.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2019, 5:57 am

firemonkey wrote:
Facepipe wrote:
Wild difference in the percentage Scandinavian

Yes- I have one maternal line that seems to trace back to the Orkneys and very likely before that Norway. If so the Norwegian connection is far back in time. The % of dna I'd have from there would be very low.

Yes...the Orkney Islands (way up there above Scotland) were first settled by the Vikings from Norway (or maybe there were earlier folks already there but they got absorbed into the Viking settlers). One of their first Viking stepping stones westward (the Orkneys, Then the Shetlands, then the Fareros islands, Iceland, then Greenland, and finally the short lived settlement in Vinland on the North American continent in what is now Canada). So if you really do have ancestry from the Orkneys it likely would trace further back to Norway via Vikings. But as you said - it would be FAR back. The Vikings landed in the Orkneys probably in the Ninth Century.

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2019, 6:31 am

naturalplastic wrote:
firemonkey wrote:
Facepipe wrote:
Wild difference in the percentage Scandinavian

Yes- I have one maternal line that seems to trace back to the Orkneys and very likely before that Norway. If so the Norwegian connection is far back in time. The % of dna I'd have from there would be very low.

Yes...the Orkney Islands (way up there above Scotland) were first settled by the Vikings from Norway (or maybe there were earlier folks already there but they got absorbed into the Viking settlers). One of their first Viking stepping stones westward (the Orkneys, Then the Shetlands, then the Fareros islands, Iceland, then Greenland, and finally the short lived settlement in Vinland on the North American continent in what is now Canada). So if you really do have ancestry from the Orkneys it likely would trace further back to Norway via Vikings. But as you said - it would be FAR back. The Vikings landed in the Orkneys probably in the Ninth Century.

Taking 30 years for a generation

30=50
60=25
90= 12.5
120=6.25
150=3.125
180=1.5625
210=0.78125
240=0.390625
270 =0.1953125
300=0.09765625

And we're still far off from the 9th century!

On a calculator called check fit by a poster called Poi at Anthrogenica -

http://185.144.156.77:3000/custom_calculators.html link to check fit at top
http://185.144.156.77:3000/custom_calcu ... caled.html link to check fit at top

My top averaged populations.

Top 10 scaled

Orcadian
Irish
Scottish
English
English Cornwall
Icelandic
Dutch
Shetlandic
Welsh
Norwegian

Top 10 unscaled

Top 10 unscaled me

Orcadian
Scottish
Irish
English Cornwall
English
Icelandic
Dutch
Welsh
Shetlandic
Norwegian

Requires Global 25 coordinates . http://bga101.blogspot.com/2018/02/the- ... lable.html