Easier for women too flirt with men

Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 10:29 am

why is it easier for women too go up and flirt with random men than vice versa?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 10:37 am

Because most women are more scared of men----than most men are scared of women.

"Flirting" can be see as being aggressive at times. It puts the "flirtee" on the spot.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 11:59 am

I don't know who flirts easier, because everybody has their own style of flirting.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 12:12 pm

Because men crave attention from all attractive female strangers, while women have been taught to be wary of all  attractive  male strangers.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 12:14 pm

That’s a good way of putting it....

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2019, 7:02 pm

I don't know. I've never flirted.

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2019, 8:17 pm

Yeah I agree,

50 years ago if you said something nice to a girl she was flattered.

Now if you were to do that you would potentially face charges for harassment as a male.

That sums it up..

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2019, 4:54 am

Flirting is nonverbal and at a distance. Thus, you should not approach or talk.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2019, 7:14 am

Chummy wrote:
Yeah I agree,

50 years ago if you said something nice to a girl she was flattered.

Now if you were to do that you would potentially face charges for harassment as a male.

That sums it up..

:roll:

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2019, 10:32 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
Chummy wrote:
Yeah I agree, 50 years ago if you said something nice to a girl she was flattered. Now if you were to do that you would potentially face charges for harassment as a male. That sums it up..
:roll:
I think he’s HALF right, XFG.

[voice=codger]

Back in the day, paying a compliment to someone would usually elicit a smile and/or a polite “Thank you”. People were taught from an early age that they were supposed to be grateful for any compliment -- you were supposed to express appreciation even if it felt creepy to do so. This was before anti-harassment lawsuits became the norm. Even if the recipient was having a crappy day, responding to a compliment with a heartfelt “F*** OFF!” Was almost unheard of.

[/voice]

Nowadays, every anti-harassment training program I’ve been to warns against saying anything about a person’s appearance, because even if the complement is appreciated by the recipient, a third party might find it offensive, especially if he/she feels insulted for having NOT received a compliment.

It’s better for all concerned to stick to a vague greeting as acknowledgment of presence, and just leave it at that.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2019, 11:26 am

Women aren't required to accept "compliments" from random guys, nor do they owe then their time or attention.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2019, 11:43 am

XFilesGeek wrote:
Women aren't required to accept "compliments" from random guys, nor do they owe then their time or attention.

There is a huge difference between accepting them and considering them harassment. There always is the option to ignore them, something that women used to be able to do, but that modern feminism seems to have forgotten about.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2019, 1:18 pm

XFilesGeek wrote:
You are absolutely right.

No one is obligated in any way to accept a compliment from anyone, or to suffer their attentions gladly.

The point I tried to make is that expectations seemed different “back in the day”, when men were expected to be men and women were expected to be grateful for any bone of condescension a man might toss their way.

But in our efforts to progress beyond the Dark Ages of a male-dominated society, have we somehow lost some sense of common civility?

Sabreclaw
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 3:13 am

Of course, since men are expected to be the chasers when it comes to dating, it kind of makes things hard for us that society now expects us to never act interested in a woman until she gives blatant consent. If we keep our mouths shut we're seen as wimpy doormats.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 8:53 am

Sabreclaw wrote:
Of course, since men are expected to be the chasers when it comes to dating, it kind of makes things hard for us that society now expects us to never act interested in a woman until she gives blatant consent. If we keep our mouths shut we're seen as wimpy doormats.
There are ways to let your interest be known ... subtle ways ... the same ways that women have been using since courtship was invented.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 8:55 am

What's wrong with "chasing," anyway? I like to pursue, rather than be pursued.