Page 1 of 4 [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

What political views do you mostly match up with?
Progressive 25%  25%  [ 6 ]
Moderate Democrat 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
Centrist 50%  50%  [ 12 ]
Conservative 13%  13%  [ 3 ]
Republican 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 24

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 5:14 pm

Crimadella wrote:
cberg wrote:
Crimadella wrote:
cberg wrote:
I don't care if he was talking about dangerous gangs, he didn't make anyone any safer by insulting them. He's only humanizing himself by dehumanizing others, it doesn't matter to me who they may be.

Anyone can make any video of anyone else saying anything, INCLUDING TRUMP. It's called DeepFake & it's pretty common software.

Wow! So it's ok to lie as long as you lie about the person you dislike? I don't like people who lie, in no way do I see it as ok to do. It's pretty odd that you feel it is wrong to put down extremely violent gang members which I might add that some of them have posted videos of them chopping peoples heads off on youtube. I would say they are animals.

Basically what you are saying is it's wrong to call one of the most violent gangs in the US, known for chopping peoples heads off for snitching, animals. I would say it's pretty messed up to think we should stand up against calling violent murderers animals.

I think it's asinine to consider the U.S. any less violent as a whole.

Yea, I mean it's not as if millions of people are in line to become citizens of America because they wish to escape oppressive systems.

Millions of Americans become expatriates for this exact reason. I'm a hacker, by profession, we get treated better pretty much anywhere else & I'm certainly not the only one.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 5:15 pm

He won't state that overtly; he isn't THAT stupid....

I respect that you like Trump. I understand you feel he might give the nation some "stability" or something.

But I just don't like the man. He reminds me of people I grew up with.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 5:19 pm

Centrist (not far-right)

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 5:31 pm

You left out the option for hippies. :(

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 5:59 pm

cberg wrote:
You left out the option for hippies. :(

Hippies are generally progressives.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 6:02 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
He won't state that overtly; he isn't THAT stupid....

I respect that you like Trump. I understand you feel he might give the nation some "stability" or something.

But I just don't like the man. He reminds me of people I grew up with.

Well thanks for saying that much at least. I need to stop talking about Trump because all that does is leave room for the many people who fall for all the left wing lies to attack me and make it out is if Trump supporters are racist, never mind the fact I come from a mixed family and minorities actually support Trump and the fact that the minorities that do support him are growing because things he is doing is actually helping them.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 6:10 pm

Well, so far this hardcore right-wing site doesn't even have one Republican or conservative vote.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 6:34 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
No, WP certainly isn't becoming a "conservative echo chamber." It's just that hared of Trump has created a political climate where any criticism of anti-Trump rhetoric will immediately get you branded a conservative or Republican. If you question Russia collusion, then you must be a Trump supporter. Obviously, that has been the nature of politics for a very long time, but it's gotten much worse over the past two years.
Bipolar Thinking: "If not X then Y", "If not for us, then against us", "If not perfect, then worthless" and so forth.

Strange thing about those labels ... "Democrat" and "Republican" are just labels of declared political affiliation, while "Liberal" and "Conservative" indicate your perspectives on certain topics.

For the sake of argument, I'll go by the following definitions.

Liberals believe in...

... government action to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all.
... government duty to alleviate social ills and to protect civil liberties and individual and human rights.
... the government's role should be to guarantee that no one is in need.
... a general emphasis on the need for the government to solve problems.

Conservatives believe in...

... personal responsibility
... limited government
... free markets
... individual liberty
... traditional American values (e.g., Life, Liberty, Persuit of Happiness, Nuclear Family, et cetera)
... a strong national defense
... the role of government should be to provide people the freedom necessary to pursue their own goals.
... generally emphasize empowerment of the individual to solve problems (esp., their own).

Note that these beliefs are often seen as "All or Nothing" doctrine, when it is actually possible to be a fiscal conservative ("balance the budget") and a social liberal ("protect civil rights"), for example. There are some die-hards who believe that anyone who is a Conservative (or Liberal) simply MUST must be a Conservative (or Liberal) in every aspect, or that person is a Liberal (or Conservative) through and through. This is false thinking, since a person's identity may not be a reflection of their true nature, and vice-versa.

So it is possible for a person to identify as a Liberal, while also being a member of the Republican party, for example. Such a person might be "closeted" while working quietly to soften the rhetoric of the GOP hard-liners. A closet Conservative in the Democratic party might agree with a progressive agenda, but only if is undertaken slowly, carefully, and with an eye to respecting the less odious of the "Traditional Values".

It's more complex than "Conservative == Republican == Right-Wing" and "Left-Wing == Liberal == Democrat".

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 6:57 pm

hmmm.

-government action to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all.
-government duty to alleviate social ills and to protect civil liberties and individual and human rights.
-the government's role should be to guarantee that no one is in need. (What does this one mean? Like supporting welfare?)
-a general emphasis on the need for the government to solve problems.
-personal responsibility
-limited government {I believe in the least amount of government to ensure fairness}
-free markets {with certain restrictions to ensure the country survives}
-individual liberty
-traditional American values (e.g., Life, Liberty, Persuit of Happiness, Nuclear Family, et cetera){what does nuclear family mean?}
-a strong national defense
-the role of government should be to provide people the freedom necessary to pursue their own goals.
-generally emphasize empowerment of the individual to solve problems (esp., their own).[/list]

It seems like I believe in all these things?

Last edited by Crimadella on 09 Apr 2019, 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 7:02 pm

Crimadella wrote:
hmmm.
  • government action to achieve equal opportunity and equality for all.
  • government duty to alleviate social ills and to protect civil liberties and individual and human rights.
  • the government's role should be to guarantee that no one is in need. (What does this one mean? Like supporting welfare?)
  • a general emphasis on the need for the government to solve problems.
  • personal responsibility
  • limited government {I believe in the least amount of government to ensure fairness}
  • free markets {with certain restrictions to ensure the country survives}
  • individual liberty
  • traditional American values (e.g., Life, Liberty, Persuit of Happiness, Nuclear Family, et cetera){what does nuclear family mean?}
  • a strong national defense
  • the role of government should be to provide people the freedom necessary to pursue their own goals.
  • generally emphasize empowerment of the individual to solve problems (esp., their own).

It seems like I believe in all these things?
Wellcome to the Centrist Party!

Philosophical Overview

The Centrist Party supports candidates and public policies that enable the development of free enterprise, limited government and individual liberty, while protecting the common good, well being and the economy of the public at large. The party shall endeavor to provide a solid foundation for candidates who abide the platform tenets, reject special interests, and keep the common good of the public first and foremost in policy determinations.

The Centrist Party will endeavor to support candidates and legislation that provide reasonable and pragmatic solutions directed towards the public interest and the strength of the nation.

The Centrist Party opposes the abuse of government by representatives that offer legislation that is self-serving or intended to aid in re-election rather than support the public interest. The CP does not support candidates, propositions or policies that enable the agenda of special interest groups while sacrificing the common good of the general public and the national interest of the United States of America.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 7:13 pm

A "nuclear family" is

Husband
Wife
Kids

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 7:17 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
A "nuclear family" is Husband, Wife, Kids
That's the "Traditional" nuclear family. Nowadays, the term "Nuclear Family" is being redefined.

Crimadella
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 7:24 pm

As the family bit goes, I don't oppose LGBT rights but I believe 2 parent homes are much better than 1 parent homes, whether it is a LGBT two parent homes doesn't matter, what matters is there are two people raising the child(ren), it seems to be too much for one parent, as Kids need a lot of attention to ensure they do good in school and stay out of trouble. It's not impossible for one parent to achieve but it is much more difficult and statistics reflect that because children with a one parent home have lower success rates.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 7:32 pm

As I think of myself as somewhere between moderate and progressive, I chose progressive.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 7:43 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
As I think of myself as somewhere between moderate and progressive, I chose progressive.
When I take an "alignment" test written by Leftists, it declares that I am to the left of center. When I take a similar test written by Right-wingers, it declares that I am to the right of center.

Both such tests then link to a page that wants to recruit me for their writers' respective causes.

(Just like those autism self-tests that always seem to return a positive result just before linking you to a sale on weighted blankets or low-gluten diet foods.)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 7:45 pm

Fnord wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
When I take an "alignment" test written by Leftists, it declares that I am to the left of center. When I take a similar test written by Right-wingers, it declares that I am to the right of center.

Both such tests then link to a page that wants to recruit me for their writers' respective causes.

(Just like those autism self-tests that always seem to return a positive result just before linking you to a sale on weighted blankets or low-gluten diet foods.)

Doesn't surprise me.