Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 7:39 pm

Theres this 19 year old that moved in this bording house a few months back. At first he wasnt a problem. Then he started tirading through the house about this and that. A few nights ago he stomped through the house tirading that us girls were making too much noise. Sure I was up at 12 at night. But all I was doing was changing clothes. I went to the bathroom a few times to look in the mirror. He cursed and swore and made threats and yelled that we were banging around. How the hell is changing clothes, banging around? This morning at 5:00 am he shouted as loud as he could that we wouldnt be f*****g banging around any more. Tonight he tiraded because someone used his towel. Every night its cursing and swearing and making threats. Its hard on the nerves. I dont really trust him. Ive been thinking about getting a note from my psychiatrist to get me into a group home quicker so I dont have to wait like 5 years. For some reason I think a group home would be more safe and peaceful because its a controlled enviroment. I left a message on my landlords answering machine about this problem. Thats about all I feel like doing about this. My landlords pretty good at checking messages so hopefully he will talk to him.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 7:50 pm

I hope this person gets a good talking-to....and a reminder that he could get kicked out if he continues to behave this way.

He shouldn't be acting up like this.

Have you spoken to other residents about him? Maybe you all should get together on this. If the landlord sees that more than one person is complaining about the same person, he/she will probably take the situation more seriously.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 8:02 pm

There is one other girl that I was talking to about it with. No one seems to care but it scares me. Especially when he goes through the house saying hes going to kill every last one of them. Its like hes trying to scare and intimidate on purpose. It feels like abuse, really. Most of the time its peaceful here. But then you get angry young men that move in and cause hell for everyone. Im sick of it. He has already been here for a few months and it seems he will be here for longer. I dont know how much more I can take.

Last edited by Sarahsmith on 09 Apr 2019, 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 8:06 pm

Did he actually say he would "kill" people? If he made that thread of bodily harm / death you can call the police. Record him on your phone if you can. :(

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 8:15 pm

Yep. I would record him.

This should not be tolerated. This is a home for people---not a jail.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 8:27 pm

He was in jail before. The cops were here to check on him a few times. Im scared of him. Dont trust him.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 8:34 pm

Keep records: voice recordings with date stamps, written transcripts or notes of what he says with the time and date, names of witnesses, times you have contacted your landlord, etc. He doesn't need to know you are recording him if it is a voice recorder against the wall or even video recording from another room. Video will also show that the voice was audible in "your" room and that you weren't in his space.

Follow up with your landlord to see what is happening.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2019, 10:48 pm

Personally, I feel going to the landlord before the police is the wrong approach. Sure, take notes, record the guy ranting, but when death threats by a possibly/probably unbalanced person occur, you need to consider your safety first. He can be arrested and hauled out of there for behavior like that.

He sounds like he could fly off the handle and start killing people upon very little provocation.

Anyway, that's how I see it.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2019, 6:11 pm

My number one way to disarm a threat is to make them my friend, sounds stupid but it works. In one family guy episode even Meg mentions that strategy, but I had been doing that since I was a young kid.

Sarahsmith
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2019, 2:03 pm

I think he stole my kettle which was in the downstairs kitchen. Must not have liked me going in and out of my room to get coffee. So I had a spare that Im keeping in my room. Brought my coffee and sugar upstairs in case he steals that. I guess I have to go down stairs for milk. If I find my milk or other food goes missing Im going to call my land lord again. This time Ill talk to him in person instead of leaving a message. I dont think he got my last complaint. Im gonna put a lock on my cupboard.