Get to know people before asking them out or no?

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 1:01 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
It depends mostly on how you look.

If you are a dropdead gorgeous olympic god sort of guy then yeah... asking her on the few first few instances, and even on first time may work.

As for the regular mortals that won’t work, you need some sort of bonding first.

Definitely not an olympic god, in the average to slightly above average range. From what I've heard confidence goes a long way for average looking guys.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 1:27 pm

Antrax wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

If you are a dropdead gorgeous olympic god sort of guy then yeah... asking her on the few first few instances, and even on first time may work.

As for the regular mortals that won’t work, you need some sort of bonding first.

Definitely not an olympic god, in the average to slightly above average range. From what I've heard confidence goes a long way for average looking guys.

Confidence is an overrated myth, I so much hate his word and how is being used.

Competence is the key in life, confidence is the consequence of competence, not the stupid confidence by itself!

Last edited by The_Face_of_Boo on 11 Apr 2019, 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 1:37 pm

Get to know them a bit first, even if only to make sure you're not asking out a good looking psychopath.

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Competence is the key in life, confidence is the consequence of competence, not the stupid confidence by itself!

QFT

enz
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 7:17 pm

AngelRho wrote:
enz wrote:
But why do something so cliche?

Because it’s effective.

How often does that work/not work for you?

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2019, 3:54 am

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:
Antrax wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Confidence is an overrated myth, I so much hate his word and how is being used.

You're absolutely right here Boo. Telling someone who's not confident to just be confident is like telling someone who's depressed to just stop being depressed. Confidence comes from mastery over one's environment and obstacles, and being able to have things turn out how you want them. Expecting someone who's had no success in relationships despite years of trying to get one, to be confident about being able to get a relationship and talking to the opposite sex is unrealistic. Confidence needs to be developed and have a basis.

KyCoo
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Apr 2019, 4:21 am

Getting to know the person might be rewarding because then you know them a little more and your attraction/ liking is toward the real person rather than an idea about them (which probably you have conjured from limited info)