I think I’ll have to quit my job.

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2019, 1:56 am

sly279 wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:
Do they pay it $s into your bank or is it more like a stamp/ticket type of thing that you exchange for food in the shop?

It’s a debit card they give you and they put money int it once a month..

Can you spend it anywhere on anything?

Is it recognisable to the shop assistant or does it look like a normal debit card?

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2019, 2:16 am

fluffysaurus wrote:

Is it recognisable to the shop assistant or does it look like a normal debit card?

Only on cold food. From grocery stores. Only things that have nutritional facts too.
Note it’s quite clear what it is and people get upset about it and shame me :(

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2019, 6:37 am

sly279 wrote:
fluffysaurus wrote:

Only on cold food. From grocery stores. Only things that have nutritional facts too.
Note it’s quite clear what it is and people get upset about it and shame me :(

Oh no, that must be horrible :(

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2019, 9:53 pm

It is

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 5:47 am

Where I live, people use Benefits Cards all the time. Nobody bats an eyelash. The people who are the cashiers were usually in the same boat not so long ago. Many are Hispanics who just might have family members in the caravans walking through Mexico right now.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 7:33 am

sly279 wrote:
If I wasn’t working I’d go to the gym again as I’d not be as mentally drained.
It’s why I’ve kept paying my membership.

Do you mean physically drained?

In any case, if quitting your job is what it takes for you to work on weight loss and you stick to it, that's probably a worthwhile trade-off. With consistency and dedication, partaking in cardiovascular activity and consuming mostly healthy foods as part of a balanced and calorie-controlled diet, it'll only be a matter of time before you lose the excess weight. Remember, you can't out-exercise a poor diet. As a matter of fact, if you had to choose between just exercising or just dieting for weight loss, the dieting will get you better results, and of course combining dieting and exercise will get you the best results.

From my understanding it's best to lose weight gradually, like 1 to 2 pounds a week, so your body has time to adapt and you have less loose skin after the weight loss.

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2019, 7:59 am

The Grand Inquisitor wrote:
sly279 wrote:
If I wasn’t working I’d go to the gym again as I’d not be as mentally drained.
It’s why I’ve kept paying my membership.

Do you mean physically drained?

In any case, if quitting your job is what it takes for you to work on weight loss and you stick to it, that's probably a worthwhile trade-off. With consistency and dedication, partaking in cardiovascular activity and consuming mostly healthy foods as part of a balanced and calorie-controlled diet, it'll only be a matter of time before you lose the excess weight. Remember, you can't out-exercise a poor diet. As a matter of fact, if you had to choose between just exercising or just dieting for weight loss, the dieting will get you better results, and of course combining dieting and exercise will get you the best results.

From my understanding it's best to lose weight gradually, like 1 to 2 pounds a week, so your body has time to adapt and you have less loose skin after the weight loss.

That's what I did, 1-2 pounds a week, no loose skin.

I think Sly meant mentally drained from being around other people. I have the same thing, I can get by but it's exhausting. I do 16 hours as a shop assistant.