Page 1 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 2:39 pm

I seem to feel a bit of a loser, not having seen Game of Thrones since series 1 when I've not really been interested in it nor have I read the books and want to read them really, I seem to think everyone's been watching it, even people who are not very interested in it or fans of it. I've been more a Tolkien fan than a George RR Martin fan.

Darmok
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 3:12 pm

I've never seen it either -- don't really know what it's about. (Thought it was some kind of video game thing.)

As long as you're up to date with Star Trek you can consider yourself culturally literate.... :mrgreen:

There Are Four Lights!

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 3:19 pm

I have never watched Game of Thrones, and I never will, as it's not my sort of thing. Most people I know aren't interested either.

I'd rather watch Coronation Street.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 3:37 pm

I haven't watched Coronation Street since Rosie Webster left.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 4:05 pm

Never watched Game of Thrones nor read the books. I'm grateful for all that time I saved.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

KestrylR
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Apr 2019, 5:14 pm

I read the books. The whole series is like the part from "The Princess Bride" when Westley dies and Buttercup marries Humperdinck and the kid says "Grampa, you're telling the story wrong!" except that in *this* series the princess doesn't ever wake up and the wrong people die and the worst people win. They were so awful I refuse to ever watch the show.

Neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 162 of 200
Neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 47 of 200
Very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 6:00 pm

I've never watched Game of Thrones and I'm not about to start watching it. I'm just not interested.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 6:26 pm

I have never watched it either.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 6:27 pm

I've never seen it.

I don't understand what the fuss is about....

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 7:19 pm

Me neither. I have no desire to become interested in it either. Maybe if someone special to me was into it. That's the only way I've been able to get interested in things I normally would not be interested in is if someone I REALLY love and care about has an interest in it. My boyfriend got me really into some Japanese animated shows I never would have been interested in before. If it wasn't for him, I'd still be thinking "Bleach" was about a kid who worked in a laundry mat.

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 9:38 pm

I tried watching the show, but couldn't get past the first few episodes. What struck me really hard was during the tournament in that one episode where some guy, whose name I can't remember, went berserk and decapitated his horse. As someone who'd just recently gotten into My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, seeing that kind of violence towards a horse was very unsettling and I just couldn't look past that.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2019, 10:24 pm

I have not seen an episode of GOT and have absolutely no interest to see one ever. Many NTs have asked me what I think about it. They usually tell me that I must have a pathetic life to not care. Sad to say, but it probably is the most important thing to them right now.h

Muia
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Apr 2019, 4:27 am

chris1989 wrote:
I seem to feel a bit of a loser, not having seen Game of Thrones since series 1 when I've not really been interested in it nor have I read the books and want to read them really, I seem to think everyone's been watching it, even people who are not very interested in it or fans of it. I've been more a Tolkien fan than a George RR Martin fan.

I’m a Tolkien fan too, been tempted to watch/read GoT but still not sure. The very reason that everyone has seen it puts me off if that makes sense.

You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

RAADS-R SCORE: 148

AQ score: 39

EQ score: 20

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2019, 9:11 am

I saw it once. I didn't particularly care for it.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2019, 9:41 am

I too have never read a word of it past the title or seen more than a few seconds while my mom is channel surfing on occasion.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2019, 9:50 am

GOT == The bad people win, the good people die (sometimes horribly), and justice never prevails.

None of you are missing much.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.