for men- do you have long hair, or shorter hair?

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

for men- is your hair long, medium, or short?
hair is military buzz-short :idea: 19%  19%  [ 3 ]
hair is average worker short 31%  31%  [ 5 ]
hair is over my ears and collar :afro: 38%  38%  [ 6 ]
hair is to my shoulders :afro: 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
hair is down my back :afro: :afro: 13%  13%  [ 2 ]
where's my ice cream? :chef: 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 16

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2019, 8:20 am

^^ It's gotten me a bit of ribbing sometimes, both in jest and maliciously - but even if I had a more "fashionable" barnet, I have plenty enough other eccentricities that something else would have been targeted!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2019, 10:26 pm

Trogluddite wrote:
^^ It's gotten me a bit of ribbing sometimes, both in jest and maliciously - but even if I had a more "fashionable" barnet, I have plenty enough other eccentricities that something else would have been targeted!

i just had a thought- that your hair distracts the detractors from picking on worse things. :idea:

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2019, 10:38 pm

^ Interesting idea. Maybe when I'm stationary. When I'm on the move, it's always the walk! And if it's my mouth that's doing the moving, the less said the better... :lol:

[Phew, got my bad pun of the day night in, I can go to bed now! :wink: ]

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2019, 10:42 pm

Trogluddite wrote:
^ Interesting idea. Maybe when I'm stationary. When I'm on the move, it's always the walk! And if it's my mouth that's doing the moving, the less said the better... :lol: [Phew, got my bad pun of the day night in, I can go to bed now! :wink: ]

i'm easily confusable for a graduate of the ministry of funny walks meself. :alien: nighty nighty :)

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2019, 7:22 am

Short hair, long beard.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2019, 6:32 am

^^^ever had long hair and a short beard?

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2019, 8:27 am

Mine's "ordinary worker short," but this is not normal for me, and feels wrong. It's never reached my shoulders, but that's because my hair grows horizontally rather than down.

I tend to let hair and beard grow for several months between haircuts. I can't seem to find a barber/hairdresser willing to just trim them to what I consider a comfortable length. Post-haircut, my head is too cold and I scare myself every time I pass a mirror. Also, it's annoying how everyone insists on saying "You look really good now!" with just a bit too much emphasis on the "now." Clearly, they are beguiled by the earthy sensuality of my newly-revealed double chin.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 4:02 am

i've noticed almost all men these days wear their hair butch short/high and tight, and are clean-shaven just like the 1950, like history is repeating itself.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 6:10 am

I am not fashionable and never have been. I have found that fashion follows me rather then I follow it.

I usually let my hair grow and when hair goes into my eyes it is time for a haircut. I don't have regular haircuts because it is a lot of commotion in that I have to strip down to a certain tee shirt and underpants or shorts so that I get the minimum of hairs in my clothing... Cut hairs are VERY irritating on my skin, so straight away I have to have a bath. I am not sure if I am hypersensitive or not, but I can't go to a barbour or hairdresser as the journey home would be absolute murder... One cut hair is enough to fall on my clothing and touch my skin...
The proceedure is... Switch on the immersion heater which takes a few hours to heat up. (So an allounce of time needs to be made for this). Then dress in hardly anything... A very old tee shirt which I only wear for old things and the same with trousers. I sometimes don't wear trousers... Then I have a hair cut.. Mum mum used to do it but lately my brothers wife has insisted she cut it. Then straight up to the bath at warp speed and turn the immersion off, and pour myself a bath while I wait with nothing on in thw bathroom scratching! I have to have the bath temperature just so before I get in it. Not too hot and not too cold. I prefer colder to hotter, but try to have nice and warm when I get in.
I then have a bath and a soak until the water goes cold a couple of hours later before I can come out. I towel myself down to try to get rid of any remaining cut hairs on my body and put on totally fresh clothes.
The clothes I aas wearing go into the wash which sometimes contaminate other clothes with hairs. I have to put other contaminated clothes and the otigional clothes back to be washed. Often it takes up to three washes and me spending time examining the clothes to pick off any hairs (As they sometimes don't all come out in a wash) before I can wear them...
All my clothes are not fasionable but are worn for comfort reasons, and most of my clothes I have had to rip the labels off before I can wear them... I would say about 90% of my clothes were given to me from others so they had been previously worn so they are more comfortable. :) I never have liked clothes that are tight round my neck, cuffs of my arms or legs and my socks need to be loose fitting. I wear pants (Underpants) about two or three sizes too big for me to be comfortable enough to wear them. Tee shirts need to be about one size too big as I don't like them scrouching under my arms.
It does not cause me too much difficulty as some people are ultra hypersensitive, but I often admire how people can have haircuts at a barbour or hairdresser and they are not scratching. Just cut hairs touching my skin makes my skin go red, and that is before I start scratching!

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 6:35 am

as a child my mom would dress me in a sort of mu-mu during barbering to keep the cut hairs from going anywhere. a few years ago i was using a flowbee which is an electric set of barber shears with a built-in vacuum cleaner to suck away any loose hairs, i used it until it broke for the umpteenth time and i got tired of tearing it apart and cleaning it out. something else was wrong with it besides, it think the motor was busted. it wouldn't work after cleaning. so i stopped cutting my hair, since 2013. haven't looked back.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 6:39 am

So is that you in the picture?