Page 1 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

cfleischmann
Toucan
Toucan

13 Apr 2019, 4:41 pm

Hi everyone:

I was doing some poking around and I found an article claiming my role model and source of my name Carly Fleischmann was supposedly sexually assaulted by her father’s “boyfriend”. Uh... when did Arthur Fleischmann become gay or bisexual? When did Carly’s parents get a divorce? Something about the story just isn’t adding up. Can someone help shed some light on this and help clear it up?

I mean if it’s true then my heart goes out to her because I know what it’s like to be sexually abused and feel like no one is really listening. If this is just some scum bag journalist trying to sensationalize and twist it to get more views shame on them that’s a whole new low. I honestly don’t know what to believe.

Here’s the link: https://themighty.com/2019/02/carly-fle ... l-assault/

- more than likely on a mobile device

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2019, 2:48 am

As of this writing this was the last tweet on her twitter account

@CarlysVoice
·
Feb 5
THIS IS AN ADMINISTRATOR OF CARLY'S ACCOUNT (NOT CARLY). THIS ACCOUNT WAS HACKED. THE LAST VERIFIABLE POST BY CARLY WAS ON MAY 30, 2018. WE HAVE LOCKED DOWN THE ACCOUNT. CARLY IS SAFE AND WELL - BUT WAS TAKING A..

I have a very bad feeling about this and I am very concerned for her.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cfleischmann
Toucan
Toucan

14 Apr 2019, 2:57 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
As of this writing this was the last tweet on her twitter account

@CarlysVoice
·
Feb 5
THIS IS AN ADMINISTRATOR OF CARLY'S ACCOUNT (NOT CARLY). THIS ACCOUNT WAS HACKED. THE LAST VERIFIABLE POST BY CARLY WAS ON MAY 30, 2018. WE HAVE LOCKED DOWN THE ACCOUNT. CARLY IS SAFE AND WELL - BUT WAS TAKING A..

I have a very bad feeling about this and I am very concerned for her.

I don’t know how to respond to this. I’m at a loss for words. I am also very concerned for her myself. I hope it all works out in the end and my role model is safe and this is not a hoax

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2019, 8:51 am

I read about this on facebook,are they saying that this was a hoax and that her account was hacked

cfleischmann
Toucan
Toucan

14 Apr 2019, 10:47 am

Hi:

For the love of all things pretty, pink, and nonverbal. Who would target such a wonderful person? I don’t understand.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 2:14 am

Of course, I have no way of knowing the real story, but I worry that she was assaulted and this is being covered up and she is being gaslighted. I am not the only one thinking this.

https://twitter.com/CarlysVoice/status/1092939643224498177

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

15 Apr 2019, 3:28 am

I hope the police got involved - it smells very very very fishy.
Her social support is online based, cutting her offline leaves her totally vulnerable :(

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2019, 4:55 pm

I’m hoping that she was not sexually assaulted.

And that lack of temporary Internet access is her parents being overly cautious about hacking and the like, and moving slower, as some less tech-savvy people do.

cfleischmann
Toucan
Toucan

20 Apr 2019, 5:42 pm

Good Winx above! Hope she’s ok

Dan82
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Apr 2019, 2:24 am

cfleischmann wrote:
Hi:

For the love of all things pretty, pink, and nonverbal. Who would target such a wonderful person? I don’t understand.

Do you really not understand or are you being rhetorical? I mean, I have my theories if they'd be welcome...

cfleischmann
Toucan
Toucan

25 Apr 2019, 2:52 am

Dan82 wrote:
cfleischmann wrote:
Hi:

Do you really not understand or are you being rhetorical? I mean, I have my theories if they'd be welcome...

Feel free to bring in your theories but to answer your questions I Don understand the why of targeting someone like her. She’s an inspiration to many including myself.

Dan82
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Apr 2019, 3:27 am

cfleischmann wrote:
Dan82 wrote:
cfleischmann wrote:
Hi:

Feel free to bring in your theories but to answer your questions I Don understand the why of targeting someone like her. She’s an inspiration to many including myself.

It's power dynamics. If she's inspiring you, she's presumably inspiring you to do something a certain way, and that doesn't necessarily appeal to everyone.

If it's a specifically autistic/neurotypical divide, I think neurotypicals feel very similar feelings toward odd/opposing behaviors that autistics feel toward sensory issues, etc.

A couple years back, I think it was the actor Shia LaBeouf and some other people set up an art exhibit about "He Will Not Divide Us," where they live streamed people saying "He will not divide us," meaning Trump. All sorts of pro-Trump people showed up to disrupt it, presumably because they wanted to live in a pro-Trump world. Same thing, I think.

cfleischmann
Toucan
Toucan

25 Apr 2019, 10:17 am

Dan82 wrote:
cfleischmann wrote:
Dan82 wrote:
cfleischmann wrote:
Hi:

You’re right! She doesn’t spired me to do things a certain way, such as not be afraid to be myself. To speak my mind. To communicate and interact with the world. And so much more. And I’m sure I’m not the only one. Further, if it weren’t for her and several others, I would not have the courage to even ask knowledge my preferences for being permanently nonverbal.

It's power dynamics. If she's inspiring you, she's presumably inspiring you to do something a certain way, and that doesn't necessarily appeal to everyone.

If it's a specifically autistic/neurotypical divide, I think neurotypicals feel very similar feelings toward odd/opposing behaviors that autistics feel toward sensory issues, etc.

A couple years back, I think it was the actor Shia LaBeouf and some other people set up an art exhibit about "He Will Not Divide Us," where they live streamed people saying "He will not divide us," meaning Trump. All sorts of pro-Trump people showed up to disrupt it, presumably because they wanted to live in a pro-Trump world. Same thing, I think.

cfleischmann
Toucan
Toucan

25 Apr 2019, 10:36 am

It’s all starring to make sense now

CarlM
Veteran
Veteran

14 Dec 2019, 4:08 pm

I just finished the book "Carly's Voice" and was noticing there hasn't been anything online about her since Feb 2019 :(. Anyone know anything about what happened to her since the disputed sexual assault claim? :x

cfleischmann
Toucan
Toucan

14 Dec 2019, 4:50 pm

Ive got nothing :(. Im worried sick about her.