Page 2 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2019, 10:21 am

I get the feeling she simply decided to stop posting on social media.

That's my gut feeling.

She was funny when she did her talk show, though.....

I bet she's tired of all the madness that's associated with her. I feel like she just wants to take a break.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2019, 10:46 am

kraftiekortie wrote:

That's my gut feeling.

She was funny when she did her talk show, though.....

I bet she's tired of all the madness that's associated with her. I feel like she just wants to take a break.
Thats what I think.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2019, 10:57 am

vermontsavant wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
That's my gut feeling. She was funny when she did her talk show, though... I bet she's tired of all the madness that's associated with her. I feel like she just wants to take a break.
Thats what I think.
Maybe that's what they want you to think.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2019, 11:01 am

Unless I see something that's opposed to what I think, that's what I'm going to think.

She's had some prominent actors and actresses on her talk show. I'm sure she has some pretty good connections. I am sure SOME sort of speculation after February, 2019 would have surfaced---good and bad.

I am not going to assume the worst. I hope the "worst" didn't happen, obviously.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2019, 11:48 am

Well the jury is still out until we hear from Carly but I believe she is overwhelmed and is taking a break from the media,social and otherwise.

Don't you think it's a bit "autism speaks like" to hyper victimize her before we know all the facts.

Borromeo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2019, 11:55 am

I didn't know who Miss Fleischmann was until I saw this thread. This whole thing is kind of weird--even I disappear from social media but I do show back up later.

Part of me kind of wants to read headlines saying she was liberated by an autistic posse.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2019, 12:14 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
Fnord wrote:
vermontsavant wrote:
Fnord wrote:
ECT = Electro-Convulsive Therapy -- a.k.a., "Brain Burn". If she's still alive, then she's likely in a more compliant state of mind ... a.k.a., "Vegetative".
Where have you read she went through this.
Here.
That link goes to this thread

There were a number of threads here in 2014 and 2015 that reported she had undergone ECT therapy and it had gone bad including an interview with her father. All links I have seen are now broken.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 5:47 am

Apologies, it seems I was looking at an old facebook post from 2014 when Carly's father said she'd had ECT. Please ignore where I said she'd had ECT recently.

The last post on her facebook page was from May 2018 and included this nugget: "...I was asked why I am not posting about personal experiences or thoughts anymore. The truth Is that I am forced into relationships with my family members that are only looking out for their own egos..."

I can't find anything from Carly since then - I think there may have been some but they were deleted in the week after her accusation of sexual assault in February? Including the post where she opened up about it. Twitter account @carlysvoice shut down saying it had been hacked. Website @carlysvoice.com has been co-opted for something else.

Even without ECT, I'm still concerned that she may have been silenced because of that accusation.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 5:56 am

The below article in The Mighty contains a copy of the original accusation, but the conversation basically dried up 8 months ago. If anyone has an account with The Mighty it might be worth commenting on that article again, and asking what's happening with her, do you think?

https://themighty.com/2019/02/carly-fle ... l-assault/

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 6:06 am

Also relevant is Twitter #IstandwithCarly
but no news on there, either.

cfleischmann
Toucan
Toucan

19 Dec 2019, 6:22 am

Sweet, Sweet autistic girls above I hope she’s ok.

If she just stepped back of her own free will more power to her, if she indeed was silenced; sweet Abbie Lorraine I hope she can get help

- more than likely on a mobile device

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 6:48 am

Um, now I feel kind of evil and stalker-ish.
Because, well, I found Carly's mother's twitter account - and she's a cancer survivor, doing her bit to push for better autism services from the Ontario Government, and she supports the #metoo movement. No mention of Carly but there's a big gap in her posts from 25 Jan to 4 Aug, so I guess she might have been doing her bit for Carly at that time, too.

Still, it would be nice to know something, just a reassurance, a post by Carly, or a video, or something.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 9:06 am

If any of you Canadians have contact with Toronto law enforcement or the RCMP, then please tell them about Carly.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 9:27 am

Of course, it doesn't hurt to make inquiries.

But I don't sense Carly has come into any harm.

I sense she was tired of all the scrutiny she was receiving.

She has taken such "breaks" previously.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 9:29 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Of course, it doesn't hurt to make inquiries.

But I don't sense Carly has come into any harm.

I sense she was tired of all the scrutiny she was receiving.

She has taken such "breaks" previously.
Thats what I think too.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2019, 10:42 am

This was the original article in The Mighty before it was altered

I appreciate your optimism but I do not share it at all. I still feel something very bad is going on. I feel she was sexually assaulted by a family friend, this is being covered up, and she and us are being gaslighted with her autism being employed to hurt her credibility. It is not like her to go silent, she is vivacious, outgoing etc.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman