Trump: Illegal Immigrants Released to Sanctuary Cities

Page 1 of 8 [ 123 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

14 Apr 2019, 4:08 pm

Subject line didn't let me accurately title. Trump says he's looking into whether he can release detained illegal immigrants into sanctuary cities.

I'll be curious as to people's reactions.

Happy that illegal immigrants might get released into sanctuary cities or upset because Orange Man Bad? Or maybe NIMBY rears its head?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 8:54 am

It's not just "Orange Man Bad" like "Two-Legged Bad" in "Animal Farm." I never thought he had "orange hair," anyway.

I only wish we had an Ellis Island-type thing in present-day America. When people went through Ellis Island, they were thoroughly checked medically, and (in the present day) have their names and information on databases. Though in the Ellis Island days, the immigrants were not always treated that great.

Most people who came from Ellis Island became productive citizens.

Trump is just being political here. He's acting like a petty politician. Like the Governor of New Jersey's crony who held up traffic in Fort Lee, New Jersey because the mayor of Fort Lee wouldn't pay homage to the Governor.

warrier120
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 8:58 am

Apparently, Trump says that by releasing large numbers of illegal immigrants to sanctuary cities, he is trying to overwhelm the sanctuary cities in hopes of causing them to collapse.

It's not exactly a nice tactic by any means, and to me, it seems a bit dirty and fishy.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 8:59 am

Those "sanctuary cities" won't collapse. They've been receiving both illegal and legal immigrants in large numbers for quite a while.

It would actually, probably, have very little impact.

Most of these migrants have families in those "sanctuary cities." Most will be absorbed by those families.

Last edited by kraftiekortie on 15 Apr 2019, 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 9:04 am

I never thought I'd say this, but Mr. Trump's plan makes perfect sense to me.

The leaders of those sanctuary cities are saying, "Illegal immigrants will be safe from ICE here. We'll feed them, house them, and even find them jobs."

All of a sudden, now that they may actually have to act on those words, they're trying to keep illegal immigrants from being sent to them by the federal government.

Strange, isn't it? Like when a friend or relative says "Call me if you need anything", and then treats you like a stranger when you take them up on their offer.

They're not being hypocritical; they're just breaking their word!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 9:09 am

Of course, there would be problems....the same problems as what happened in the early 1900s in New York City.

Overcrowding, sanitary problems, extortion, gangs....all that immigrant stuff.....

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 9:21 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Of course, there would be problems....the same problems as what happened in the early 1900s in New York City. Overcrowding, sanitary problems, extortion, gangs... all that immigrant stuff...
Well then, those sanctuary cities should have anticipated an influx of illegal immigrants. If their leaders can't live up to the promises they make, then it's all on them. But if their promises were only made to show their solidarity with illegal immigrants in principle, with no intention of actually doing anything about the problems they cause ... well, there is always another election ...

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 10:28 am

A lot of it isn't sanctuary cities but rather sanctuary counties. I see in Washington state where I live it's most if not all counties, so it would seem most if not all cities end up as sanctuary cities.

Washington:

Chelan County
Clallam County
Clark County
Cowlitz County
Franklin County
Jefferson County
King County
Kitsap County
Pierce County
San Juan County
Skagit County
Snohomish County
Spokane County
Seattle
Thurston County
Walla Walla County
Wallowa County
Whatcom County
Yakima County

Seattle is the only city listed, but that seems redundant since Seattle is in King County.

warrier120
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 4:02 pm

I live in Orange County near Santa Ana, a known sanctuary city. I am specifically referring to downtown Santa Ana. I've been out there before, and I've seen lots of possibly illegal immigrants that don't speak a word of English. I don't really mind them, but if you grew up with traditional Asian parents like I did, then you might be taught otherwise...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 5:04 pm

Unless the statue of liberty has lost it's symbolic purpose the leaders of these sanctuary cities are actually the last true Americans...except of cause native americans...

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 6:20 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
It's not just "Orange Man Bad" like "Two-Legged Bad" in "Animal Farm." I never thought he had "orange hair," anyway.

I only wish we had an Ellis Island-type thing in present-day America. When people went through Ellis Island, they were thoroughly checked medically, and (in the present day) have their names and information on databases. Though in the Ellis Island days, the immigrants were not always treated that great.

Most people who came from Ellis Island became productive citizens.

Trump is just being political here. He's acting like a petty politician. Like the Governor of New Jersey's crony who held up traffic in Fort Lee, New Jersey because the mayor of Fort Lee wouldn't pay homage to the Governor.

They call him that making fun of his tan, saying his skin is orange, nothing to do with his hair. That’s why their cartoons make him orange.
Illegal immigrants aren’t doing any of that hence illegal. Trust me we wouldn’t allowed ships to bypass Ellis island , crash into the beach and thousands of people to swarm out and hid in the nation back then, that’s why they had the island and required everyone to go through it and loads were refused and sent back. Stop comparing illegal immigrants to those who came through Ellis island.

Do your support 2nd amendment sanctuary counties or other counties or states saying they won’t enforcer any gun control laws federal or state.
Why should gun owners follow laws if the anti gun people won’t ? For that matter can we all pick what laws we don’t follow and not face any punishment?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 6:25 pm

Well not sure what will come of Trumps idea, I suppose all anyone can do is wait and see. That said I heard of a proposal in my state to give undocumented immigrants a path to citizenship. Also though they aren't all 'illegal immigrants' some are legitimate asylum seekers...granted I don't think the Trump administration acknowledges the difference. That said it probably would be best if they go to cities that will treat them more humanely and potentially help them gain legitimate citizenship.

IDK at this point I am just waiting to see how it plays out.

Last edited by Sweetleaf on 15 Apr 2019, 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 6:30 pm

Quote:
They call him that making fun of his tan, saying his skin is orange, nothing to do with his hair. That’s why their cartoons make him orange.
Illegal immigrants aren’t doing any of that hence illegal. Trust me we wouldn’t allowed ships to bypass Ellis island , crash into the beach and thousands of people to swarm out and hid in the nation back then, that’s why they had the island and required everyone to go through it and loads were refused and sent back. Stop comparing illegal immigrants to those who came through Ellis island.

Do your support 2nd amendment sanctuary counties or other counties or states saying they won’t enforcer any gun control laws federal or state.
Why should gun owners follow laws if the anti gun people won’t ? For that matter can we all pick what laws we don’t follow and not face any punishment?

We have a constitutional right to make fun of the pressident. It's pretty offensive towards most Americans to criticize anyone's statements about current administrations.

Also, are you blaming refugees for not immediately racking up medical bills when they arrive just because we don't have adequate customs infrastructure? We have a government for more reasons than just protecting your weapons.

-Gem Tos :mrgreen:

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 6:31 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well not sure what will come of Trumps idea, I suppose all anyone can do is wait and see. That said I heard of a proposal in my state to give undocumented immigrants a path to citizenship. Also though they aren't all 'illegal immigrants' some are legitimate asylum seekers...granted I don't think the Trump administration acknowledges the difference.

IDK at this point I am just waiting to see how it plays out.

The irony is how many of these people might soon want asylum from this oh so "great" place too.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 6:33 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Unless the statue of liberty has lost it's symbolic purpose the leaders of these sanctuary cities are actually the last true Americans...except of cause native americans...

The French did not built the Statue of Liberty as a symbol of immigration. It was given as a gift to the US in commemoration of the alliance between France and the United States during the American Revolution, and was built around the time of the 1876 Centennial.

Last edited by EzraS on 15 Apr 2019, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cberg
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 6:34 pm

I don't think any of this counts as making America great again if that involves bias against certain groups of people. If you're actually going to make the country "great", it's not all about you.

Last edited by cberg on 15 Apr 2019, 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.