Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Skip_to_my_lu
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Apr 2019, 7:09 pm

Hey Everyone,

I think I might be an aspie. I always danced around the idea, but never jumped in to reading up on it. I recently won an award at my college (I'm 31 and finally getting my degree after finding my passion, plants) and i had to get up there an speak. It wasnt for very long, literally less than a minute. I wrote all my stuff down and noticed I was the only one holding cards. I forget when I am nervous. I got out the general info (well most of it) and then I got to my future plans. I had written them down, they were right there. And I looked at the words and blanked. Instead I said thank you and walked to receive my award (well wait because I was too fast and the person before me wasnt done). This isnt the first time this happened. It happened at an event where i received a scholarship. I got some stuff out but stumbled and fell over stuff that people who were practically children sailed through with ease. I wondered if they were going to take the scholarship back. Ive always been kind of a loner, great in one on one convos, loved to read (anything I could get my hands). I turned inward away from my family because I believed the fact that I remembered everything annoyed or weirded them out. I didnt hold back at first because I thought everybody remembered everything and thought in pictures, but I felt pushed away. I haven't made a real friend in years, not that other women haven't tried. I get anxiety at the idea of someone getting to know me. I feel like I can't tell my significant other. I feel as though he wont understand as he bucked the idea of getting our own daughter tested for asd. I'm in a situation where I'm constantly uncomfortable and cant do much about it. I feel like I'm drowning in all my duties and feel like its affecting my ability to parent. I joined so that I could have people who understand and not feel so alone.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2019, 8:00 pm

Welcome to WP!

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2019, 3:17 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

spacerest
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 May 2019, 6:23 pm

Hi :wave:

breaks0
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 May 2019, 6:34 pm

Skip_to_my_lu wrote:
Hey Everyone,

I think I might be an aspie. I always danced around the idea, but never jumped in to reading up on it. I recently won an award at my college (I'm 31 and finally getting my degree after finding my passion, plants) and i had to get up there an speak. It wasnt for very long, literally less than a minute. I wrote all my stuff down and noticed I was the only one holding cards. I forget when I am nervous. I got out the general info (well most of it) and then I got to my future plans. I had written them down, they were right there. And I looked at the words and blanked. Instead I said thank you and walked to receive my award (well wait because I was too fast and the person before me wasnt done). This isnt the first time this happened. It happened at an event where i received a scholarship. I got some stuff out but stumbled and fell over stuff that people who were practically children sailed through with ease. I wondered if they were going to take the scholarship back. Ive always been kind of a loner, great in one on one convos, loved to read (anything I could get my hands). I turned inward away from my family because I believed the fact that I remembered everything annoyed or weirded them out. I didnt hold back at first because I thought everybody remembered everything and thought in pictures, but I felt pushed away. I haven't made a real friend in years, not that other women haven't tried. I get anxiety at the idea of someone getting to know me. I feel like I can't tell my significant other. I feel as though he wont understand as he bucked the idea of getting our own daughter tested for asd. I'm in a situation where I'm constantly uncomfortable and cant do much about it. I feel like I'm drowning in all my duties and feel like its affecting my ability to parent. I joined so that I could have people who understand and not feel so alone.

If you're still reading this thread, I urge you to ignore your SO. Get your daughter tested pronto! And if necessary/you want to, discuss it w/him after the fact or after you get the results, whichever. I dunno her age obviously, but the sooner you get the news one way or the other, the sooner you'll know and can get her whatever accomdodations, services, individual education plans, etc. she may need (or not if it turns out she doesn't have ASD). And hopefully some day she'll thank you for doing so, at least she should.

vivigooli
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 May 2019, 12:07 am

I am in a similar boat as you, I hope and suspect you may find some spirit animals along the way the further you go in this journey.. I hope you do and I hope I do too :) definitely feel the same way you do in regards to the social aspect of things

Zack1994
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 May 2019, 12:36 am

Welcome to Wrongplanet! :D