Was you babyish when you was a teenager?

Page 2 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2019, 7:52 am

Summer_Twilight wrote:
domineekee wrote:
At the age of 28 I found out that people had nicknamed me "baby" since my teenage years, so probably!

I'm still immature but back then I used to whine a lot about how unfair things too.

This is not a tantrum but I think it was kind of funny: :lol:

My childhood best friend started talking about things for teens like music, how cute her boyfriend was and other things. Me, I was quoting lines from Disney movies with her 5-year-old brother. For example, Hunchback of Notre Dame came out in 1996. We kept quoting "Pour the wine and cut the cheese."

Other times
1. I laughed at another student who was saying things in a loud and screechy voice during class and I was not supposed to because it would be enabling him

It sounds like you were a nice kid though.
I found a tape recording of me and a friend talking absolute nonsense and having giggling fits at the age of fifteen which was kind of shocking. We were laughing about bunnies at Mc Donalds.
Unfortunately I was gullible too, and as easily led as Pinocchio, so there was trouble too.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2019, 8:36 am

domineekee wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:
domineekee wrote:
At the age of 28 I found out that people had nicknamed me "baby" since my teenage years, so probably!

I'm still immature but back then I used to whine a lot about how unfair things too.

My childhood best friend started talking about things for teens like music, how cute her boyfriend was and other things. Me, I was quoting lines from Disney movies with her 5-year-old brother. For example, Hunchback of Notre Dame came out in 1996. We kept quoting "Pour the wine and cut the cheese."

Other times
1. I laughed at another student who was saying things in a loud and screechy voice during class and I was not supposed to because it would be enabling him

I found a tape recording of me and a friend talking absolute nonsense and having giggling fits at the age of fifteen which was kind of shocking. We were laughing about bunnies at Mc Donalds.
Unfortunately I was gullible too, and as easily led as Pinocchio, so there was trouble too.

I used to record silly stuff on a tape recorder too but no bunnies at McDonalds as that sounds cute.

One of my friends, who I went to high school with has ADD which we both think that he is on the spectrum himself. At 14, he was still obsessed with "5 little monkeys jumping on the bed." We would be sitting together and he would take his hand out, showing all 5 fingers bouncing them up and down.

:lol: Then when he met his girlfriend, he wanted so bad to impress her so he tried to prove that he was so much more immature than I was and I will admit, he was being a major jerk. Onetime, did a school project outside and there was goose poop everywhere. I said "Poop" like a 2-year-old." So he corrected me. :lol: Summer, that's not appropriate." Then we picked up what was left of the project that required mild explosives. I said, "This smells like fart." Again "Summer that's not appropriate."

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2019, 8:56 am

Summer_Twilight wrote:
domineekee wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:
domineekee wrote:

Other times

I used to record silly stuff on a tape recorder too but no bunnies at McDonalds as that sounds cute.

One of my friends, who I went to high school with has ADD which we both think that he is on the spectrum himself. At 14, he was still obsessed with "5 little monkeys jumping on the bed." We would be sitting together and he would take his hand out, showing all 5 fingers bouncing them up and down.

:lol: Then when he met his girlfriend, he wanted so bad to impress her so he tried to prove that he was so much more immature than I was and I will admit, he was being a major jerk. Onetime, did a school project outside and there was goose poop everywhere. I said "Poop" like a 2-year-old." So he corrected me. :lol: Summer, that's not appropriate." Then we picked up what was left of the project that required mild explosives. I said, "This smells like fart." Again "Summer that's not appropriate."

Lol, you said fart!
My friend bumped as we walked out of a shop. We ended up rolling around on the doorstep laughing for five minutes. Afterwards my ribs hurt :lol:

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2019, 12:10 pm

Another time while taking a gym class, I was sitting around laughing about something and he could not figure it out. At 15, I started imitating the sound of a frog in the way that one of my sisters said it when she was 4 while going for a walk with my family. It was out loud in a low raspy voice. So I copied her only to get the "Summer, that's not appropriate." I kept on laughing and then quoted a line from Disney's series "Gargoyles." He again stated it at me. So I dedided that the next time he would do that to tell him, "You're not appropriate."

So about two weeks later, as I had the flu-coupled and Thanksgiving, I went to class and one of the students was saying "Doorbell" in high pitched voice in the that the doorbell sounds. "Dingdong." So I imitated him and of course I got the same lecture. I followed suit which he had his panties in a twist. "No, I am not inappropriate." :lol:

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2019, 7:53 pm

domineekee wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:
domineekee wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:
domineekee wrote:

Other times

Lol, you said fart!
My friend bumped as we walked out of a shop. We ended up rolling around on the doorstep laughing for five minutes. Afterwards my ribs hurt :lol:

Here is another one I did at 15, as I said I was obsessed with Hunchback of Notre Dame and I hated the villian in that so I came up with "It's raining it's pouring, Frollo is snoring." :)

I sang that during this quiet study hall and my friend who kept lecturing me also told me "You're not supposed to do that."

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2019, 6:50 am

Summer_Twilight wrote:
I was obsessed with Hunchback of Notre Dame and I hated the villian in that so I came up with "It's raining it's pouring, Frollo is snoring." :)

:D
and how do cope now when kids or teenagers giggle and do similar stuff? Nonsense and giggles grates on my nerves after a while but I try not to say anything, after all the kids are having a lot of fun.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2019, 9:59 am

domineekee wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:
I was obsessed with Hunchback of Notre Dame and I hated the villian in that so I came up with "It's raining it's pouring, Frollo is snoring." :)

:D
and how do cope now when kids or teenagers giggle and do similar stuff? Nonsense and giggles grates on my nerves after a while but I try not to say anything, after all the kids are having a lot of fun.

On the note regarding my friend, he started getting a little silly during one of those sessions so the teacher in the room had to separate us for "Not listening," which was okay. I ended up having a nice conversation with her and some other students instead about a made for TV version of "The Shining" which is supposed to be scarier than Kubrick's version.

hannahjrob
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Apr 2019, 11:08 pm

Yes. Not so much behavior-wise, but I definitely had childish interests, and didn't relate to very many kids my age. For example, in my early teens, I was obsessed with Little House on the Prairie (the books and the show). I'd go around pretending that I was Laura Ingalls or some other character from the show/books (only in my head...that's something I've always done since I was little. Just played pretend in my head, but never actually let anyone else know I was doing it). I remember my seventh grade English teacher trying to gently encourage me to read books that were more "challenging" than Little House books, because I was definitely capable of reading more "young adult" books at a higher reading level. It's just that I preferred children's books!

And people did always think I was younger than I was. I think I dressed a bit young for my age. I still liked to wear bright colors and I was obsessed with Limited Too (which doesn't exist anymore, but it was owned by the same company that owns the store called "Justice" now) clothes even when I was 16-17. I actually wore mostly plus-sized children's clothes when I was in middle and high school, because while I wasn't super overweight, I was a little on the heavy side and plus-sized kids' clothes actually tended to fit me better than juniors' clothing. And I wasn't interested in shopping in regular women's clothing because it was too dull, boring, and grown up. And again, I didn't whine or have meltdowns or have any extreme behaviors, but I did just SEEM young, and I guess it was mostly just the way I carried myself. I just came off as shy, quiet, "innocent", and childlike. Actually, that's pretty much still how people see me now, at age 27, and they still think I'm way younger than I am.

Dan82
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

25 Apr 2019, 1:54 am

I don't know if "babyish" describes it, but I was pretty irresponsible. I had a job in a restaurant, but I spent all my money and didn't save anything and I never did my homework. I think it was an executive functioning thing where I couldn't really come up with or keep together an organized plan. My interests were pretty typical for my age, though--bands and things.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2019, 9:03 am

Dan82 wrote:
I don't know if "babyish" describes it, but I was pretty irresponsible. I had a job in a restaurant, but I spent all my money and didn't save anything and I never did my homework. I think it was an executive functioning thing where I couldn't really come up with or keep together an organized plan. My interests were pretty typical for my age, though--bands and things.

Hannah- I pretended to like Laura when I was 21 as I too obsessed over Littlehouse as the reruns were on next to reading the books. As an adult, I tend to pretend I am Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables. I can relate to her so well and especially with Anne with An E on Netflix. We are practically similar.

Dan82, I was a goof off in terms of homework until I was 18 and learned that doing your homework, getting good grades etc were enough to keep a person from going the "Silly transition route" while watching your peers march off to college. I decided I didn't want that for myself so I began studying at 19.

I blew all of my money at 21 because I functioned at the level of a 14-year-old but with the right teaching, I was able to better manage and learn how to save and spend properly.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2019, 8:15 pm

I was an idiot.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 6:07 pm

In some ways I was young for my age. I wasn’t really interested in boys, clothes, or makeup until my late teens. I’d rather play in the woods and climb trees.

I loved to read serious literature, though, and I understood what I read well beyond my years.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 6:17 pm

Summer_Twilight wrote:
Dan82 wrote:

Hannah- I pretended to like Laura when I was 21 as I too obsessed over Littlehouse as the reruns were on next to reading the books. As an adult, I tend to pretend I am Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables. I can relate to her so well and especially with Anne with An E on Netflix. We are practically similar.

Dan82, I was a goof off in terms of homework until I was 18 and learned that doing your homework, getting good grades etc were enough to keep a person from going the "Silly transition route" while watching your peers march off to college. I decided I didn't want that for myself so I began studying at 19.

I blew all of my money at 21 because I functioned at the level of a 14-year-old but with the right teaching, I was able to better manage and learn how to save and spend properly.

I love Anne of Green Gables, too. I love the books and the Canadian movies (with Megan Follows?). I thought of myself as a usually shy and quiet version of Anne (although I’ve been bold enough to do dares as a kid on par with the stupidity of walking the ridge pole of a roof).

I think that my imagination and trips into fantasyland are preferable to the real world.

Those books have given me so many precious memories!

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2019, 4:37 am

I hated being in my early teens because I felt like I had to grow up. I hated shopping and makeup (although I was into boys). I remember one time at 14 my mum was looking after my cousin, who was only 7 at the time. My mum was going to a shopping mall and asked if I wanted to come, but I didn't feel like putting a "grown-up" mask on that day while my little cousin got to be herself because she was little, so I said no. When my mum asked why, I blurted out, "because I've got to act like a normal teenage girl", to which my mum replied, "well, why would you want to act like a mental patient for?" That wasn't really what I meant, I just felt pressurised to have to act a certain way when out in public, and I was still getting used to being a teenager. I just wanted to be the same age as my little cousin. You can still get away with being yourself at 7.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2019, 8:52 pm

Joe90:

I wanted to wear makeup when I was old enough but when when I was 13-15, I would have rather sat in a room and talked about "The Lion King" and another Disney I could get my hands on. Then when I got into highschool, I tried to dress more like and act like a teen even though my development was at the level of a 10-year-old.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

01 May 2019, 6:47 am

I was very immature & babyish as a teen & still am compared to my peers even thou I grew up a lot.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition