Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2019, 5:50 am

I can't eat anything straight from the fridge, anyone else? I'm having fish finger sandwich and salad for lunch and I

forgot to take the salad out of the fridge earlier so while the fish fingers are frying I have set up the mixed salad so

that it is spread over a large plate that I have balanced on top of several items that I have made a platform from on

top of the draining board so that my salad is sunbathing in the sunniest spot in the kitchen.

Even when I drink water, it has to be room temperature or hotter.

The Grand Inquisitor
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2019, 12:23 am

Can't say I can relate. I can eat hot food or cold food, but in terms of drinks I'm actually the opposite. I tend to only drink things that are cold/refrigerated and when they're not I chuck them in the freezer for a bit before drinking them, and I'm not much of a fan of hot drinks like coffee or hot chocolate

fluffysaurus
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2019, 1:49 am

^ :D I am permanently attached to a cup of tea. When I was bar staff there was no kettle so I had to drink cold

drinks but people kept putting mine in the fridge. I used to have to hide it.

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2019, 12:10 pm

I can only do room temperature.

If I leave chocolate at my parents' house, they insist on putting it in the fridge. In the UK. No need.

I get the point when it's really hot, though. I've insisted on no fridge in Greece and things have melted that way.

I think the lack of hot food tolerance is because I'm a slow eater so I'm not used to it.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2019, 8:41 pm

It depends on what it is. I'm fine with fruit being cold (but not the boiled veggies I'm having with my dinner).

There are cold cuts that are meant to be eaten cold or at least room temperature cold, but I just hate cold meat!! When I'm having that on bread, I put the slice of bread in the micro for some seconds so it will make the meat warmer when I put it on the bread, and I only prepare one slice at a time so it won't go cold while I eat.
Or I'll warm baguettes and put the meat or chicken salad (another thing I don't like cold) in them.

I will never understand why anyone would eat cold leftovers, I always heat them.

Chocolate too needs to be room temperature.
TBH I also like it when it's hotter than that, like when I've had it in my pocket, but it needs to be eaten then, later it won't be as good, once it has cooled down again

When it comes to beverages, my soda pop, water, juice, chocolate milk and squash (and white wine) needs to be really cold. I can't imagine much being tastier than ice cold soda pop or water.
I dislike warm and hot beverages, and can't stand the taste of coffee and don't drink tea. The taste of tea is okay, but most of the time I really don't want hot drinks, and I don't like ice tea. The only hot beverage I enjoy is cocoa, and I only want cocoa when it's cold out and I'm feeling cold.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2019, 3:45 pm

Cold pizza or cold chicken fingers taste good to me.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2019, 7:24 pm

I can eat coconut custard pie, pumpkin pie and leftover pizza straight from the fridge.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2019, 4:42 am

I even dislike it when my dinner is getting colder (depending on the food, I can be a slow eater)....

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2019, 10:21 am

Tamagoyaki, or rolled scrambled eggs, Japanese style, stays warm longer.

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2019, 1:36 pm

Skilpadde wrote:
I even dislike it when my dinner is getting colder

I eat very fast generally, but for exactly that reason. Food that is supposed to be hot, has to be properly piping hot, otherwise I go right off it. And in my book, there are some foods that are definitely "supposed to be" hot. Potatoes or pasta in salad? Yuck! No! Salad is just raw stuff (and no icky, slimy, oily stuff on it, either, thanks)!

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 10:16 am

I can eat hot or cold food, but I prefer not to eat food that is ice-cold unless it's a very hot day. I seem to be sensitive to "brain freeze". Even when I drink or eat slowly, it feels like my forehead is being stabbed by an icicle. One of my back teeth or my jaw on the left side are also sensitive to really cold food. Sometimes I'll rinse raw fruit or vegetables in hot water or drink pop that's at room temperature.

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 10:54 am

When the weather warms up I like to eat cold ice cream.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 11:03 am

Savoury food... absolutely no colder than room temperature.
Sweet stuff... depends. Apart from ice cream I don't eat anything that can melt when I'm in Spain (ie choc). In the UK it never gets hot enough to melt, so no choc in the fridge.
I don't mind if my food cools off while I'm eating it, as long as it was hot (and properly cooked) when I get it.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 12:09 pm

I prefer soft cheese rind when it is cold. I'll eat the rest of it when it has warmed up a little closer to room temperature.,