key problems for my staying with any job

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

affablestranger
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Apr 2019, 11:12 am

I have almost always been quite able to do and frequently content with whatever job I had. The problem that has always plagued me and ultimately cost me jobs has been poor and/or inconsistently managed work environments. Examples include but are not limited to:

1. selective enforcement of written or stated office or company policies,

2. the inability of management to effectively and/or efficiently manage the office and employees, and

3. toxic office politics.

Business naturally experiences various uncertainties, of course. They are often foreseeable, not necessarily specifically but in general, and can be and often are planned for in theory. The ones they have the trouble with, in my experience, are the ones of their own making, often caused by the three items mentioned above. It often felt like and continues to feel like there are no people in management or the executive who have any manner of systems thinking ability. It's either that or they just aren't paying attention. When an office routinely malfunctions to the point of enormous unnecessary stress or office politics makes survival and function a job unto themselves within the job, that's when I buckle, and it has happened at every job I have ever had. The people in the companies are unpredictable, even more so they are outside of it, and they behave and often carry themselves differently in real life as opposed to work life.

Anyone else experience such things?