Self-affirmation Pledge for those with AS

Page 10 of 10 [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Yakuzamonroe
Toucan
Toucan

02 Oct 2018, 6:09 pm

I am happy I overcame my traditionalist indoctrination from my youth and proud of myself for becoming the man I am.
I am glad I became a gamer and found peace the many times I've button mashed in front of a computer screen.
I have found solace, after much fear, in my identity as a differently-minded human being.
I'm overjoyed I've gotten my bachelor degree, found myself and still remain hopeful despite having no job.
And I'm blissfully nostalgic over the many trysts, intimacies and heated moments of passion over all the hot girls I've experienced during the last couple of decades.

DystopianShadows
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2018, 4:31 am

I look to God (or as a lot of you like to say "superstitious nonsense") for my self-affirmation. That's all I need.

Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?"

blooiejagwa
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2020, 11:17 am

snake321 wrote:
Fedaykin wrote:
It feels like that pledge is more suited for girls/women. I don't have any written pledge myself, but I do have beliefs that justify my worth, even though I've not had the chance to make much of an impact on society. These beliefs are a bit arrogant, but I don't see anything wrong with that if it's simply how you're viewing the world - actually going around telling people what I think about them would perhaps be a bit rude though. My justification goes something like this:

People in general are idiots that only look one step ahead and don't really care about the things that are required for future generations to enjoy the gift of a great life the current generations have been given; The caring they display is mostly lip service and isn't aimed at actually achieving the outspoken empathic goal. "It's the thought that counts" is how they justify the result ending up all wrong. They believe in lots of falsehood and don't use the brains they've been given to question their beliefs, even though that would enable them to better achieve what they claim is the goal of their values. They make lots of fuss about petty matters and act disorderly unless there's authority there to boss them around.

Here is where Aspergians shine - we are people that don't compromise with our values, and use our brains to the fullest in finding out the best way to achieve the values we believe in. Even though our main focus is on systems like our societies or the planet, things that everyone is dependent on, we do go beyond lip service if we find that someone needs us and actually try to solve their problems. We strive to understand the world in an unbiased way and don't just accept false beliefs. We do have a tendency to have a defiant anti-mentality, but in time, we contemplate the different ways you can look at an issue and find some focus that requires our attention. We truly care about the things we're studying, and since we don't bother adhering to the nonsense that's in the public debate, we're often labelled "extremists". We also are able to operate as individuals, we don't need a crowd to chant that we're right to state our beliefs.

I think that the first men that ascended from the lower primates must have seen weird like we do and initially have been outcasts - these men probably didn't groom their friends in the same way that we don't bother doing any social grooming.

I feel that this syndrome has been a very important part of collective human intelligence and progress throughout history, and that's the justification for our existence.

Agreed, but the aspies your describing are the alpha aspies, those true non-conventional intellectual elite among us who really don't need someone to tell them how to think. Those like us are aspie savants. The aspie savant is the next major phase in evolution, people less aspie are stages on the spectrum of this change in evolution, and the low functioning are, unfortunately, the victims of the cycle.
But if you looked at this forum, and blindly thought that a greater majority of people here are aspie, then you wouldn't see too much of a difference from NTs, and it would make aspies look like hypocrites. Some on here are phoney, some are in varying degrees of autism on this spectrum and may not be as aspie as we are (going by the beautiful mind theory), and of coarse some of them might have just been badly affected by their environment. Some are nice and respectful NTs, and occasionally a not-so-respectful NT. But then there are us few, proud, aspie savants. I raise a toast, Fedaykin.

Wow this is good stuff. I'm not sure if im Aspie or ASD €prior to DSM change€ as i struggle in basics too much like coordination etc
It comes n goes if im in flow n everything is ok i can be better. But not most of the time

But severe ASD too havr a huge gift in terms of presenting a level of insight n perspective that NTs can miss but need

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2021, 8:08 pm

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman