Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2019, 5:12 am

Anybody else afflicted?

I'll be moving back home soon and since it's colder where I am right now I'll land right into allergy season. It could be worse I guess, but combined with the stress and chaos of moving, I'm not looking forward to it.

My eyes are suffering the most, they get itchy, red and swollen - I have eye drops that do a decent job, but I can't use my contact lenses for a month and generally feel like crap.

leahbear
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Apr 2019, 11:46 am

My body is a little strange, I only get allergies every few years and this year is one of the years. I get watery eyes, sneezy, feeling weird in the head. I normally just put up with it as my body isn’t a fan of medications generally. This year I’ve been taking quercetin and it does seem to help. My body reacts much better to supplements/plants/herbs.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2019, 4:28 pm

I just stay on generic Zyrtec six months out of every year. Just started it a week or so ago.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2019, 4:52 pm

Yeah, but like leahbear it doesn't affect me equally every year.

runny eyes and nose, coughing, sneezing, asthma attacks, feeling tired from it, itchy nose, eyes and ears....

I've had it a bit so far this year but not too badly.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

WildColonial
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2019, 11:45 pm

Mine aren’t that bad so far. They used to be a lot worse when I was younger, but these days indoor allergens (perfume, dust, whatnot) are more likely to set me off than pollen.

“‘Why was I chosen?’ ‘Such questions cannot be answered,’ said Gandalf. ‘You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess: not for power or wisdom, at any rate. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.’”

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

21 Apr 2019, 10:37 am

I have allergies in general but pollen can defiantly make em worse. I take the antihistamine Xyzal/Levocetirizine daily as well as the med Singulair/Montelukast. Singulair works differently than antihistamines & is used as a preventive treatment for asthma & allergies. It has to be taken regularly & requires a prescription. I also use the nasal spray Flonase/Fluticasone as needed & I also take Sudafed/Pseudoephedrine as needed. I don't usually take Sudafed very often. I've been taking Prednisone a long while but it's for my skin eczema. We have a floor furnace for heat & it really drys out my skin & makes me itch. I plan to start weaning myself off of Prednisone soon. Anyways Prednisone can help with allergies which is why I mentioned it.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2019, 10:45 am

I used to have a really bad day every Spring... I'd go and buy some anti-histamines, then have to take them for a couple of months. Then, about 20 years ago, it just stopped. Don't know why. My allergy to house dust just fell away at the same time. I also used to be allergic to cats, but haven't really tested that one out. I quite like cats, too.

Just typing this is making my nose itch.. better sign off.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

BenderRodriguez
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2019, 3:07 am

Trueno wrote:
I used to have a really bad day every Spring... I'd go and buy some anti-histamines, then have to take them for a couple of months. Then, about 20 years ago, it just stopped. Don't know why. My allergy to house dust just fell away at the same time. I also used to be allergic to cats, but haven't really tested that one out. I quite like cats, too.

Just typing this is making my nose itch.. better sign off.

Interesting. I didn't have any issues my whole life until 6 or 7 years ago. I have no idea why :?

BeaArthur wrote:
I just stay on generic Zyrtec six months out of every year. Just started it a week or so ago.

I never take pills for it, they make me drowsy. I have nose and eye drops - the eyes are the most affected. Just woke up one morning for the first time in my life with red, swollen eyes to the point I could barely open them. I thought I had an infection or conjunctivitis as there was also swelling on the eyeball. It turns out it's an allergic reaction and happens every late spring since then. Doesn't last more than a month though, I don't know how I would cope if it would be this way for half a year 8O