Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2019, 4:59 am

Again Trump acts in Israel's and the Saudi's interests, against US interests! Not for Russia!

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2019, 7:31 pm

Well, it's official. Trump is as bad as Obama.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

breaks0
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Apr 2019, 7:57 pm

John: Exactly! I should be angrier about this than I am, but I'm still pretty pissed off. Cutting off US weapons sales and the other assistance they're giving would quickly end the war, as I assume you know. And there's basically a mainstream media blackout in the West about this war, which is another reason I don't really consume mainstream media any more.

It's not a simple conflict, but there basically is a right side in this war: the real government, the one in Sana'a under Ansar Allah and the Houthis since they're really just defending their country against an imperialist war of aggression from maybe the most reactionary regimes on the planet in the UAE and Saudi. They really have no choice but to fight, since the alternative is surrender and watch their country get plundered for all its natural resources. Given the humanitarian crisis and the probably over 100K people who've already been killed, the one silver lining in the dark clouds of this war is that Ansar Allah/Houthis are winning the war, even w/o a friggin air force (though they now have this drone capacity to hit UAE and Saudi throughout their countries too to make them hurt as well).

Anyway, f**k the US and the coalition, they're all barbarians anyway!

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2019, 2:39 pm

VegetableMan wrote:

Trump has turned the American people (regardless of who voted for him in 2016) look like jokes.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2019, 2:56 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

Trump has turned the American people (regardless of who voted for him in 2016) look like jokes.

I don't know he still has most of his original base in support AFAIK.

breaks0
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Apr 2019, 3:29 pm

Where/what is AFAIK? You're right, Hollywood, he's got 40% of the country still w/him and his job approval rating's actually up. I think there's only one candidate who can beat him among the Dems and it's not Biden.

Hollywood_Guy
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2019, 4:29 pm

breaks0 wrote:
Where/what is AFAIK? You're right, Hollywood, he's got 40% of the country still w/him and his job approval rating's actually up. I think there's only one candidate who can beat him among the Dems and it's not Biden.

AFAIK is just the informal net acronym for "As Far As I Know".

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2019, 5:34 pm

breaks0 wrote:

Then IYO, who do you think can beat Trump in 2020?

breaks0
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Apr 2019, 5:41 pm

John: Like all presidents re: the Saudis since FDR sadly!

JohnPowell
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2019, 7:41 am

breaks0 wrote:
John: Exactly! I should be angrier about this than I am, but I'm still pretty pissed off. Cutting off US weapons sales and the other assistance they're giving would quickly end the war, as I assume you know. And there's basically a mainstream media blackout in the West about this war, which is another reason I don't really consume mainstream media any more.

It's not a simple conflict, but there basically is a right side in this war: the real government, the one in Sana'a under Ansar Allah and the Houthis since they're really just defending their country against an imperialist war of aggression from maybe the most reactionary regimes on the planet in the UAE and Saudi. They really have no choice but to fight, since the alternative is surrender and watch their country get plundered for all its natural resources. Given the humanitarian crisis and the probably over 100K people who've already been killed, the one silver lining in the dark clouds of this war is that Ansar Allah/Houthis are winning the war, even w/o a friggin air force (though they now have this drone capacity to hit UAE and Saudi throughout their countries too to make them hurt as well).

Anyway, f**k the US and the coalition, they're all barbarians anyway!

Yep!

"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2019, 12:11 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

I'm talking about foreign policy. Trump campaigned on an anti-war platform. Obama took us from two to seven wars in the ME. Trump vetoing the Yemen Bill proves he is supporting the Military-Industrial Complex with equal vigor as his predecessor Obama -- and all of the presidents in my lifetime.

Oscar Meyer Lansky