Would you date your childhood crush?

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

BrokenPieces
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2019, 12:35 am

Just curious, and I do obviously mean if you still had the same feelings for them when you reached adulthood and circumstances allowed you to date them.

I kind of think I want to but I don't know. :oops:

Would you do it? Have you done it, and if so how did it work out?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Apr 2019, 2:23 am

I never had a childhood or any other crush till about 10 years ago

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2019, 3:30 pm

No, since we both like girls there's no romantic compatibility. Further, we haven't spoken in years and I have no desire for that to change.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2019, 3:49 pm

Depends, first off I didn't have many crushes and I doubt they would be interested in me. Considering how much I have changed I am not even sure I would be into them today. They are likely happily married anyway.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2019, 6:29 pm

I did date a childhood crush when we unexpectedly crossed paths again a few years after I graduated high school, but around this time about three years ago, she broke off all contact with me without explaining why and I have not heard from her since. She was not the type who would cheat, so I don't know what went wrong between us.

As for another childhood crush from my grade school years, she is already married and has three kids, so in turn, I do not want to get in the way of things.

Alterity
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 8:59 pm

I'm pretty sure any former crush I had is engaged or married so, no.

I was the childhood crush of my last boyfriend. Ultimately I think he was far more in love with the idea of being with me than he actually loved me. He broke my heart so it didn't end well.

breaks0
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Apr 2019, 9:14 pm

Which one? I had so many! lol Though there was one main one in primary school. We're friends on FB and she lives in another state, I think she owns a B&B now. Probably not, though it's funny back when I was in primary school a couple of friends and I played a role playing game in which we were all adults and she was the villain . And there was a scenario where I was asked if I'd either shag (you should be able to figure out what that means from the context) or date her and at the time I said yes. But not now.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2019, 9:06 am

One of them- No way.

The other- Maybe but I haven't so much as seen him in years. Not since elementary school and I have no clue how he has changed.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2019, 9:23 am

Do you mean girls/boys at school or celebrities?

I'd date Dianne Youdale. Yes, I was precocious having a crush at 4-6.

Bobby is actually one of the few guys I'd be into. Assuming that he's also bi. (he has a boyfriend)

I'm cheating cos I never had a crush on him til we were adults, I just had a - well, I was a huge tomboy so it was like a bromance. We were tight.

He turned out really hot and rich and into some stuff I should probably not talk about in an all ages forum but... yeah really sexual. He was also always really creative and carried that out into adult life. He was also really funny and I can't imagine that changing.

Assuming Josie was to turn out like I'd imagine she turned out and were to come out (high femme if so), yeah I'd date her. Blonde bombshell.

Lisa still looks a bit like she always did. I ought to say yes because I ought to know what it's like to look like a teenager and be 30 (or in her case 29) but... I'm not the one with bad acne. Also, she's a teacher and there are way too many teachers in my life already. I prefer unconventional types of people.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

30 Apr 2019, 9:34 am

Depends whether or not she's my type or not.

Unfortunately, I haven't really interacted with them in a long, long time. I guess they're living their own lives now, and probably either are married with kids or engaged.