Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

KikiKitty678
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Apr 2019, 8:46 pm

I enjoy going outside...a little too much. I have gone outside in hazardous conditions, and people have warned me about it, but I always tell myself it’s okay.

I need to learn my limits.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

25 Apr 2019, 1:06 am

Did the weather harm you?
Some people freak out of any thought of rain but I enjoy walking in summer storms without any protection. Never had any problem other than people staring.
The same with frost or snow, as long as my clothing is right.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

Muziek
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

25 Apr 2019, 12:03 pm

For me too. Weather/nature has treated me me always very well. Three key words are: middle way, flexibility, and respect. Beings who respect nature always seem to sail along with her. :heart:

As a musical term for sure, "the '80s" imply the late '70s and early '90s. You can think of them as tapers of this golden decade.

KikiKitty678
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Apr 2019, 6:52 pm

magz wrote:
Did the weather harm you?
Some people freak out of any thought of rain but I enjoy walking in summer storms without any protection. Never had any problem other than people staring.
The same with frost or snow, as long as my clothing is right.

No, I just don’t want to get overconfident lol.

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 Apr 2019, 3:13 am

If you understand the risks and you are prepared to deal with them, you are not overconfident.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

BTDT
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2019, 6:43 am

In New England a lot of people get injured during icy weather conditions. Cars don't stop very well on ice.

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 8:36 am

I don’t always have as much common sense about this sort of thing as I should, but since I’ve had a couple of close calls, I try to be more cautious than I used to be.

Once I decided to go on an all day hike in the snow in sneakers because I forgot to buy decent shoes. When I got home, my feet were numb and then started hurting really bad. I put them in warm water (which was really painful), and they turned purple. It totally freaked me out! They gradually returned to normal, thankfully. I had a couple of other experiences that were close to this but not quite as bad.

I need to be more vigilant. Some of the problem is that I don’t always notice when I’m hot or cold until after I’ve been out in it for awhile.