Jealous of the guys at work being able to flirt with women

Page 1 of 5 [ 74 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2019, 9:51 pm

They flirt with the female coworkers even the ones who are 50ish flirting with 18-24 old women.

I wish I was good enough to do that or even talk to women

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2019, 10:50 pm

You’re too classy to be a flirt.

Sometimes, flirting can be sleazy.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2019, 11:20 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
You’re too classy to be a flirt.

Sometimes, flirting can be sleazy.

Flirting is how people
Couple up.

SecretOpossumCabal
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Apr 2019, 7:35 am

There is a saying "Don't s**t where you eat", flirting with co-workers can backfire IMMENSELY, so I do not recommend doing what they're doing.

What you need to do is approach people in public avenues and build up your skills, confidence is the main thing that women are after, even if you are not a specimen, confidence like I said before is a drug to women, if they see you have a lot of it they will be sold to what you're selling even if you're an uggo or poor.

But a big issue is that aspies tend to not have a quick tongue so it will take us a bit longer to build the necessary skills, but they can still be worked nonetheless. Yet to build up those coquetry skills you have to be comfortable with repeated failures, sooner or later you're going to have to walk through those burning coals and realize rejections don't hurt, this is why it's so important to work on hobbies and workout because your confidence is not placed in women it's placed within yourself, or even in the case of a religious person, it is placed in God.

But of course if your confidence is placed in women you will become afraid of women and they can detect the stench of failure and desperation from a mile away. Only you can decide if you want to shed that stench and work into turning the failure into success.

Also, if you can, get earbuds and listen to music instead of hearing your co-workers flirt, it will make you happier.

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 8:04 am

I married a woman I worked with once. That didn't go well.
She left me after five years, and that was followed by at least ten years of abject misery.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 8:43 am

I've had a few workplace "flirtations" that didn't go well, either.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 8:53 am

sly279 wrote:
They flirt with the female coworkers even the ones who are 50ish flirting with 18-24 old women.
I think it's called "Being Sociable".
sly279 wrote:
I wish I was good enough to do that or even talk to women.
YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH!!

Really.

Just scroll back through some of the nicer conversations you've had with women on this website, and you'll see what I mean.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 4:53 pm

Most the people I know know met their partners at work. Half the people at my work have paired off.

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 9:25 pm

Most of the women I work with are in relationships so flirting with them is out of the question for me but I wouldn't even want to in all honesty. My supervisor and her assistants are all older married/divorced women and they don't share common interests with me for the most part. They are also very two-faced and petty. The younger women except for one all have boyfriends or husbands and the one who doesn't have a boyfriend has mentioned she only likes ghetto guys since she's from the ghetto herself. She is also a three time "baby mama".

that1weirdgrrrl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2019, 9:27 pm

What I've found that helps me is that if I can psych myself up to get to know a new person.

If I'm thrilled that this person simply exists, and I get to intact with them, they seem to pick up on it and then they start to like me (at least as a human being, if not a romantic interest).

Admittedly I'm not always in the right mood for such interactions, but take it for what it's worth. If you can make others feel good, they will want to be around you.

It's a skill and it takes practice, but I definitely don't think it's impossible.

Good luck!!

Dan82
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

27 Apr 2019, 9:44 pm

Marknis wrote:
They are also very two-faced and petty.

Part of knowing how to flirt appropriately is knowing how to send messages through nonverbal cues and subtext. A lot of the "two-faced"-ness is what I've heard called "front stage"/"back stage" behavior; if you think of a play being put on somewhere, people talk about the play being put on "front stage" very differently "back stage" than they do in front of the audience. The pettiness is reasoning by analogy: people use small, visible, past or present things as an indication of something more important that won't be revealed until sometime in the future. In order to flirt with someone without, you know, sexually harassing them, you have to get a feel for the flow of these nonverbal and subtextual currents, because that lets you know who you're talking to and what they expect or are willing to accept.

Unless, you know, other people would describe them as two-faced and petty, in which case ha ha never mind.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2019, 12:33 am

Fnord wrote:
sly279 wrote:
I think it's called "Being Sociable".
sly279 wrote:
I wish I was good enough to do that or even talk to women.
YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH!!

Really.

Just scroll back through some of the nicer conversations you've had with women on this website, and you'll see what I mean.

Non of them would date me or men like me.
And I’m talking in person. Women don’t talk to me in person or even give me time of day.

quite an extreme
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2019, 11:57 am

sly279 wrote:

Most women - but not all - care more about self-confidence then age.
sly279 wrote:
Non of them would date me or men like me.

For this you have to change the way that you are. Nearly nobody likes wimps and most women find them really disgusting. You have to stop making yourself a looser.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2019, 12:19 pm

Please stop talking about confidence.

It's getting old.

Dan82
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Apr 2019, 3:00 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

It's getting old.

It's more important to hit the mark than it is to act confident you'll hit the mark anyway.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2019, 3:23 pm

Dan82 wrote:
The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

It's getting old.

It's more important to hit the mark than it is to act confident you'll hit the mark anyway.

Do you want me to prove to you that confidence is overrated and BS?

Here:

Confidence without competence is f*****g useless.

Confidence in singing without having talent is f*****g useless.

And by the same logic, Confidence in flirting without having the skill is f*****g useless.

Sly won't be able to flirt with confidence alone if he significantly lacks people skills.

/ I declare winning the argument, you can't refute the above. Discussion closed.