Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 4:00 am

Autism Warrior: Angeline Francis Khoo Luxury Designer Empowers People With Special Needs With Training And Jobs

Quote:
Angeline Francis Khoo is the founder of Rosie On Fire, a fashion company dedicated to hiring people with autism into roles that play to their strengths. She said was inspired to provide these opportunities after seeing her siblings, who are on the autism spectrum, overlooked in the job market.

In addition to an artisan program where a number of garments are stitched by underprivileged women, Rosie on Fire also runs various programs that give people with autism the opportunity to get involved in areas of the business that suits their skills. Currently, this includes stock handling, order fulfillment, and marketing. They’ve also just created a series of short internships programs where people with autism can work at their popup to gain experience, which can potentially lead to part-time or full-time roles.

London (Paddington), Victoria (Canada), and in Kuala Lumpur.

Nice to read about a company looking to hire non STEM autistics.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2019, 10:27 pm

Now, if only they would also specialize in making COMFORTABLE, practical clothes for women ....

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2019, 2:34 pm

^ screw women's clothes I either size up by 2 or 3 or just wear men's clothing xD

that's pretty cool though

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2019, 10:26 pm

green0star wrote:
^ screw women's clothes I either size up by 2 or 3 or just wear men's clothing xD

that's pretty cool though

Alas, men's clothes don't fit me. Even among women's pants, let alone men's pants, I have trouble finding anything with a big enough hips-to-waist ratio.