An (extremely)hypothetical situation

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2019, 4:18 pm

Back to the thread...

1. I'd pick the flute as it's the instrument I can play best out of the ones given. If it's made out of brass it might sound like a dog, though.
2. The man would naturally look like my hero, Sir Thomas Wyatt.
3. I wouldn't make any mistakes, I'd play it perfectly for as long as you like. If anything didn't sound right it's because it's jazz. I would play for exactly 101 days before I would be interrupted by a host of Seraphim... this would signal the end of the world.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

Trogluddite
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2019, 4:33 pm

Trueno wrote:
If anything didn't sound right it's because it's jazz

Why did no-one tell me this before? 8O My music career could have been so different... sigh. :lol:

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2019, 4:49 pm

Trueno wrote:
1. I'd pick the flute as it's the instrument I can play best out of the ones given. If it's made out of brass it might sound like a dog, though.

Just assume it's enchanted or something to make it sound rather normal

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2019, 10:57 am

I’m wasn’t sure how I got there. Or where I was. All I knew was that I didn’t like it. So, I looked around a dimly lit room, there was an assortment of instruments scattered around. A part of me wanted to know what kind of bone and hair was used in the production process. However, I am probably better off not knowing.

The air felt stuffy and deathly cold. Wait, was this room soundproofed? I wondered. Well, I guess that made sense with all these instruments, but my unsettled stomach dropped with a inclination of dread. My mind speculated what was going to happen to me. Looking back, it’s kind of funny. I had no idea that it was already too late for those concerns.

Somehow, I couldn’t shake the sensation that I wasn’t alone. Yet, it seemed that no one was around. I looked at the instruments, hoping that I hadn’t stumbled into the lair of an insane murderer. My neck was throbbing with pain, but that was the least of my concerns. I tried the door. Predictably, it was locked. Of course. What kind of foolish murderer wouldn’t lock the door, right?

I walked over to the harp to get a closer look. That was my first mistake. All of the other instruments disappeared. I wondered if I was dreaming, or trapped in some kind of simulation. Either that or magic is actually real, and my murderer just got a whole lot more bizarre.

“What on Earth?” I exclaimed. Then I looked around again to see if anyone had heard me, just in case someone was hiding somewhere that I hadn’t spotted. But the room was now quite empty. Or so I thought. I decided to test the dream theory by trying to open the door with my mind. But all that did was leave my eyes feeling sore. If it was a dream, then it sure wasn’t a lucid one which I could control.

“Hello,” a mysterious voice muttered. I jumped. The voice seemed to be coming from above me. Hang on, that can’t be right. But it was. A man was stood on the ceiling. I looked at him for a moment.

“So, am I hallucinating, or are you real?” I asked. He smirked. I think. To be fair, it was hard for me to tell since he was standing upside down. A strange green substance was stuck to his black boots. That’s probably how he was managing to stay up there.

To be continued. :wink:

Trueno
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2019, 1:53 pm

Trogluddite wrote:
Trueno wrote:
If anything didn't sound right it's because it's jazz

Why did no-one tell me this before? 8O My music career could have been so different... sigh. :lol:

All musos turn to jazz in the end... when they get so old they can't get the right notes...

... or, as Eric Morecambe said... all the right notes, but not necessarily in the right order.

Unkind tongue, right ill hast thou me rendered
For such desert to do me wreak and shame

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2019, 4:07 pm

He didn’t reply. “I don’t think that’s good for you, the blood rushing to your head right now” I added. Suddenly, a mattress appeared next to me. I stepped backwards in surprise.

The man disappeared. Except for his shoes, they were still stuck to the ceiling. He reappeared, but on the mattress. “Wait, you can freaking teleport?” I asked.

He looked at me as if I’d just said something incredibly stupid. “You question that, but not the fact I can manipulate objects to appear and disappear at will?” the man replied.

I blinked. “Well, I wondered about that part as well, in fact, I’m questioning everything right now”.

“None of that is relevant anyway,” he remarked. Then the man explained the rules of his task. He did so in a nonchalant manner as if he were deciding what to have for lunch.

I was only somewhat listening, however, since I was distracted by the cobwebs in his spiky brown hair with golden highlights at the top. Ugh, I hate spiders. “Well, why didn’t you tell me this before I walked over to an instrument?” I complained. If he’d told me about this beforehand, then I would’ve picked the xylophone. Then I’d have a better chance.

“Ah, but where’s the fun in that?” he replied. Of course. Leave out information until it is too late in order to mess with the victim. Classic insane villain. This man has clearly spent too much time gaining inspiration from fairy tales.

(One last part after this, then I'll stop. I swear).

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2019, 4:48 pm

I stood there, trying to process the situation. Until an idea sprang into my mind. My phone was in my brown shoulder bag, which I brought almost everywhere. So that I could access my inhaler or phone if necessary. At first, I wondered if I could contact someone, and how much good that would do since I wasn’t sure where I was.

W-w-where are we?” I inquired. So much for remaining calm. Although I doubt anyone could in such a situation. Then again, sometimes I stutter even when I’m feeling calm. He didn’t tell me. I didn’t think he would, but it was worth a shot.

Maybe I could use my phone as an instrument. I mean, he told me to use the instrument near me, perhaps...hmm...it’s a long shot, but it might just work. However, he seemed to be in my head as he stated that no, he would not count my phone as an instrument. I guess this guy is also a psychic telepath then. Talk about overpowered.

“How about I just don’t play?” I suggested. Sadly, he said that if I tried that he’d destroy the World instantly. Well, this sure is a bad time to be musically lacking. I thought for a moment, shifting my weight from side to side. “OK, how long do I have to play for?” I inquired.

“That would imply that I want you to stop,” he snarled. We talked for a while about what he would allow, and what he would not. Apparently, original songs don’t count. He probably read my mind and knew that I was planning to trick him. I was going to claim that any awful sounding parts are a social commentary on the unattainability of perfectionism. Even if he wasn’t a telepath, I doubt he’d allow that excuse.

As you may have noticed, the World hasn’t ended. I made it out alive...well, undead at least. That was a strange conversation, believe me. Apparently, I’m a vampire now. But I’ll just skip that part, and get to how I managed to escape.

This man had a lot of advantages. But one of his strengths soon became his downfall. His telepathy. All I needed to do was get inside the mind of a deranged man. I wondered if he could see the visual imagery in my mind, or could only hear my thoughts. After I saw him wince once I imagined him meeting a grizzly death, I had my answer.

He urged me to start playing. Clearly, I had him rattled. I bombarded him with thoughts.

Where are you going to go, when the World Ends? Tell me, what led to you doing this? I know that there’s a story behind your motive. You seem hesitant, if you really want the World to end, then why are you delaying it? Oh, I get it, you don’t actually want to, you just want to be entertained. That's right, isn’t it? When I imagined your death, I saw you wince. There’s a part of you that doesn’t want this. A part that doesn’t want to die. You just want to hurt people because you feel as though they hurt you. Sociopaths are usually only violent if something triggered that unless you are just insane. You feel like you’re doing this for the greater good, I think I understand that since humans can be terrible. But you’re not just destroying their home, you’re destroying yours.

The man looked thoughtful for a moment, before laughing hesitantly.

If you don’t let me go, I’ll keep imagining your death in new ways. Believe me, I can break you. I’ll figure you out, find out your deepest fears and insecurities. Then I’ll use them against you. Over and over. Maybe I’ll even create some new ones. I’ll find out why you’re doing this.

“You think that you can just waltz in here, and break me?” he defended.

I bet someone else has.

He froze for a moment.

I’m right, aren’t I?

“Whatever, I don’t need you, I’ll get someone else to play the instrument” the man replied.

He looked at the harp thoughtfully.

“I’ll play” he announced.

Then he let me go. I don’t know how long we have left, but as far as I know, that vampire is still playing a sad tune on the harp even now.

….The end.

( 8O Wow, I think I’d make a terrifying villain. I scared myself for a moment there. Yeah, I know that my story is cliche`, and I kind of cheated. :P But still, this was fun. *Evil laughter*).

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

04 May 2019, 8:43 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
I stood there, trying to process the situation. Until an idea sprang into my mind. My phone was in my brown shoulder bag, which I brought almost everywhere. So that I could access my inhaler or phone if necessary. At first, I wondered if I could contact someone, and how much good that would do since I wasn’t sure where I was.

W-w-where are we?” I inquired. So much for remaining calm. Although I doubt anyone could in such a situation. Then again, sometimes I stutter even when I’m feeling calm. He didn’t tell me. I didn’t think he would, but it was worth a shot.

Maybe I could use my phone as an instrument. I mean, he told me to use the instrument near me, perhaps...hmm...it’s a long shot, but it might just work. However, he seemed to be in my head as he stated that no, he would not count my phone as an instrument. I guess this guy is also a psychic telepath then. Talk about overpowered.

“How about I just don’t play?” I suggested. Sadly, he said that if I tried that he’d destroy the World instantly. Well, this sure is a bad time to be musically lacking. I thought for a moment, shifting my weight from side to side. “OK, how long do I have to play for?” I inquired.

“That would imply that I want you to stop,” he snarled. We talked for a while about what he would allow, and what he would not. Apparently, original songs don’t count. He probably read my mind and knew that I was planning to trick him. I was going to claim that any awful sounding parts are a social commentary on the unattainability of perfectionism. Even if he wasn’t a telepath, I doubt he’d allow that excuse.

As you may have noticed, the World hasn’t ended. I made it out alive...well, undead at least. That was a strange conversation, believe me. Apparently, I’m a vampire now. But I’ll just skip that part, and get to how I managed to escape.

This man had a lot of advantages. But one of his strengths soon became his downfall. His telepathy. All I needed to do was get inside the mind of a deranged man. I wondered if he could see the visual imagery in my mind, or could only hear my thoughts. After I saw him wince once I imagined him meeting a grizzly death, I had my answer.

He urged me to start playing. Clearly, I had him rattled. I bombarded him with thoughts.

Where are you going to go, when the World Ends? Tell me, what led to you doing this? I know that there’s a story behind your motive. You seem hesitant, if you really want the World to end, then why are you delaying it? Oh, I get it, you don’t actually want to, you just want to be entertained. That's right, isn’t it? When I imagined your death, I saw you wince. There’s a part of you that doesn’t want this. A part that doesn’t want to die. You just want to hurt people because you feel as though they hurt you. Sociopaths are usually only violent if something triggered that unless you are just insane. You feel like you’re doing this for the greater good, I think I understand that since humans can be terrible. But you’re not just destroying their home, you’re destroying yours.

The man looked thoughtful for a moment, before laughing hesitantly.

If you don’t let me go, I’ll keep imagining your death in new ways. Believe me, I can break you. I’ll figure you out, find out your deepest fears and insecurities. Then I’ll use them against you. Over and over. Maybe I’ll even create some new ones. I’ll find out why you’re doing this.

“You think that you can just waltz in here, and break me?” he defended.

I bet someone else has.

He froze for a moment.

I’m right, aren’t I?

“Whatever, I don’t need you, I’ll get someone else to play the instrument” the man replied.

He looked at the harp thoughtfully.

“I’ll play” he announced.

Then he let me go. I don’t know how long we have left, but as far as I know, that vampire is still playing a sad tune on the harp even now.

….The end.

( 8O Wow, I think I’d make a terrifying villain. I scared myself for a moment there. Yeah, I know that my story is cliche`, and I kind of cheated. :P But still, this was fun. *Evil laughter*).

You did cheat a bit (Like escaping), but I enjoyed it.

Actually I would let someone not play it (Though breaking it like fornd did is iffy) but I doubt it would hold up- your body may be fine but your mind might not be. Out side of the instrument you would have nothing; it would basically be solitary confinement. I suspect it would be nearly impossible to convince yourself to, via never playing, go mad experiencing an eternity doing nothing.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia