Page 7 of 9 [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Dan82
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 May 2019, 2:27 am

hurtloam wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Op is female not male

You may need to re-read what Breaks0 wrote.

:oops: :oops:

It wasn't aimed at me.

I think we should all take a deep breath and use the increased oxygen capacity to really misunderstand each other's posts.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2019, 2:25 pm

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2019, 2:34 pm

The_Face_of_Boo wrote:

Ha ha, yes. Nothing drastic has changed and I am more free now.

I don't regret not being patient. If anything I was too patient and should have given up sooner.

sly279
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2019, 4:57 pm

hurtloam wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Op is female not male

It wasn't aimed at me.

It said the post that started this thread ie first post in thread no?
Otherwise he didn’t say who it was too. Is it to Me? :(

breaks0
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 May 2019, 11:58 pm

hurtloam wrote:
sly279 wrote:
Op is female not male

It wasn't aimed at me.

Hurt's correct, I was trying to amplify her original post. And I detect in what inspired it, some silly, ignorant comments elsewhere if not on this thread about women here not understanding NT women offline and their advice being of no use. You really don't know what you're talking about if that's what you think. There's also a bit of this (also ignorant and silly) male attitude that women have an easier time finding a guy than men do. Well guess what? That's just wrong.

And no my post wasn't directed at any person in particular, just whoever the men on this site are to whom hurt was responding in creating this thread in the first place.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 1:02 am

Well actually I was saying that if there's a possibility that us WP women don't understand NT women, then there's also a possibility that the men here don't understand NT men.

This has been due to a realisation I had last week that no one seems to ever be good enough for the men I know.

I used to think the single women around me were pathetic losers that no one wants, and I did not want to be one of the losers. Ive been trying,, meeting new people, organising social activities.

But when you're a single woman in 2019, men just don't want to settle down. All my effirts are pointless.

We're not rejects, we're just banging our heads against brick walls. The available men like a bit of female attention from time to time, but never anything serious. The odds are stacked against us.

They're not losers for giving up, there's just no point.

I think I give up too.

Dan82
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 May 2019, 1:24 am

hurtloam wrote:
no one seems to ever be good enough for the men I know.

hurtloam wrote:
But when you're a single woman in 2019, men just don't want to settle down. All my effirts are pointless.

hurtloam wrote:
We're not rejects, we're just banging our heads against brick walls. The available men like a bit of female attention from time to time, but never anything serious.

I think most people pair off around 25-30 and try to form lifelong relationships (i.e. marriage) then. The people that don't do that successfully either don't want to or don't know how to, so they're the ones that are available later. (Younger than that, most people aren't trying to get married, so it's kind of playtime.)

How old are you, just out of curiosity?

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 1:26 am

Dan82 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

hurtloam wrote:

hurtloam wrote:
We're not rejects, we're just banging our heads against brick walls. The available men like a bit of female attention from time to time, but never anything serious.

I think most people pair off around 25-30 and try to form lifelong relationships (i.e. marriage) then. The people that don't do that successfully either don't want to or don't know how to, so they're the ones that are available later. (Younger than that, most people aren't trying to get married, so it's kind of playtime.)

See, it's too late for me...

Although people often think I'm 25-30.

Thought I'd try and date younger as they're looking to settle down, but that hasn't worked. Past 2 guys I was interested in were late 20s.

Dan82
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 May 2019, 1:33 am

hurtloam wrote:
Dan82 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

hurtloam wrote:

hurtloam wrote:

Thought I'd try and date younger as they're looking to settle down, but that hasn't worked. Past 2 guys I was interested in were late 20s.

Do you really live in Eyjafjallajökull and that's not just a made-up word?

breaks0
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 May 2019, 1:48 am

hurtloam wrote:
Well actually I was saying that if there's a possibility that us WP women don't understand NT women, then there's also a possibility that the men here don't understand NT men.

This has been due to a realisation I had last week that no one seems to ever be good enough for the men I know.

I used to think the single women around me were pathetic losers that no one wants, and I did not want to be one of the losers. Ive been trying,, meeting new people, organising social activities.

We're not rejects, we're just banging our heads against brick walls. The available men like a bit of female attention from time to time, but never anything serious. The odds are stacked against us.

They're not losers for giving up, there's just no point.

I think I give up too.

I don't think the premise of your first statement which you were replying to is true. Sure, it's possible that women here don't understand NT women very well, but I doubt it in most cases. I think you do and I think you understand better than most men on the spectrum or not do. I admit to having limited experience especially in the area of dating, but I'm always amazed that women in general simply are more experienced, more intuitive, more knowledgeable about people and life in general than men are. Not universally but that's what I generally find. And more mature as well.

I don't know what Millennial and Gen Z men want, I guess I'm too out of touch. If you're right, however, how pathetic is that? To me it only re-enforces my main point from the previous paragraph. I understand some of this is a function (as I'm always saying) of this dog eat dog precarious economy we live in. I can respect that, but it's not like women don't have to deal w/that constantly too. It isn't any easier for you all, in alot of ways it's still harder. And I see what you're getting at w/your point about giving up. I don't care if this pisses some guys off or not, but how pathetic men can be. And women bear alot of the brunt of it.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 1:55 am

Dan82 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Dan82 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

hurtloam wrote:

hurtloam wrote:

No, but it's a real place in Iceland, well it's a volcano.

Dan82
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 May 2019, 1:56 am

hurtloam wrote:
Dan82 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Dan82 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

hurtloam wrote:

hurtloam wrote:

You don't live in the Twin Cities, though?

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 1:57 am

Dan82 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Dan82 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

hurtloam wrote:

hurtloam wrote:

https://theoatmeal.com/comics/volcano_name

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 2:02 am

Dan82 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Dan82 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Dan82 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

hurtloam wrote:

hurtloam wrote:

I live in the UK

Dan82
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 May 2019, 2:24 am

hurtloam wrote:
Dan82 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Dan82 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
Dan82 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

hurtloam wrote:

hurtloam wrote:

I live in the UK

Good to know. I was just asking.

Antrax
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 2:58 am

hurtloam wrote:
Dan82 wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

hurtloam wrote:

hurtloam wrote:

My aunt married my uncle when she was 43. Too early to be giving up. Also older men might actually know what they want.