Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2019, 4:45 pm

Everybody says that dogs sense evil intention. I had this day when I really wasn't myself due to work stress and serious lack of sleep. I was in a bank filling out a deposit slip and this woman walks in with this small, happy, barking dog. I love dogs but for some reason after it put its paws and its rather long nails on the back of my calves, I wanted to kick its brains out. Of course, I didn't. I couldn't. Yet, it kept on begging for my intention. I looked into its eyes and said in my head,"I'm gonna rip your f'n tail off and shove it up your owner's a**". Yet it didn't budge. Then I thought, "I'm gonna cave your mf'n head right in. Then, I'm gonna stomp you til you're dead." NOTHING!! ! It just kept on bothering me even thought it had a captive and affectionate audience. Then the teller called, "Next!!". When I was done, I left. I passed by it and its owner yanked it back. That was that. So, I guess they can't sense evil intent. It was barking like crazy and it wagged its tail for me even though theoretically I could've violently killed it. :? I had 100% xylitol gum in my pocket. I actually thought of feeding that gum to it too. I would never but I thought about it. Why didn't it suspect me? Why wasn't it at least leary of me. At the moment, I imagined all sorts of horrible things. Just "thoughts" though. I thought they could read your thoughts. They're supposed to know when we don't like them. Right?? You would've thought I was its long lost beloved sibling. I felt furious. Maybe it knew I didn't really mean it?
But still. 8O

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 May 2019, 8:49 pm

Perhaps the dog somehow sensed that you were having a bad/off day.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2019, 9:17 pm

nick007 wrote:
Perhaps the dog somehow sensed that you were having a bad/off day.

Even though I :? wanted to kick its brains out?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2019, 8:27 am

Perhaps the dog wanted to be abused.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2019, 10:29 am

Dogs don't really even understand *what* you're saying, even when you say it out loud. It's *how* you say it.

I could say in a really silly, happy, high-pitched voice while jumping around like a kid at Christmas, "I don't like you, doggy! I'm going to give you a bath! Ten baths! And then I'm going to put you in a room with 20 vacuum cleaners that are turned on at once! And THEN I'm going to take you to the vet, and have you put to sleep!" and the dog would be wagging his tail and really happy and excited because he didn't understand a word I said, he'd only assume I was happy and pleased with him because I was acting like I needed to switch to decaf while talking like Minnie Mouse.:lol:

The thing is, even if I was in a really horrible mood, those would probably be the nastiest things I would think of doing, and it would be pretty tame compared to ripping its tail off, stomping on it and kicking its brains out. 8O

jimmy m
Veteran
Veteran

03 May 2019, 11:27 am

Maybe the dog had sense. It knew that you didn't really mean to rip its head off. That you were constrained by social constructs to act within the norms of society, unlike wild animals.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2019, 5:48 pm

Well, they say that dogs are "smell-centric". I probably wasn't giving off a vicious pheronome.?? (spelling)

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2019, 5:49 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Dogs don't really even understand *what* you're saying, even when you say it out loud. It's *how* you say it.

I could say in a really silly, happy, high-pitched voice while jumping around like a kid at Christmas, "I don't like you, doggy! I'm going to give you a bath! Ten baths! And then I'm going to put you in a room with 20 vacuum cleaners that are turned on at once! And THEN I'm going to take you to the vet, and have you put to sleep!" and the dog would be wagging his tail and really happy and excited because he didn't understand a word I said, he'd only assume I was happy and pleased with him because I was acting like I needed to switch to decaf while talking like Minnie Mouse.:lol:

The thing is, even if I was in a really horrible mood, those would probably be the nastiest things I would think of doing, and it would be pretty tame compared to ripping its tail off, stomping on it and kicking its brains out. 8O

MERCY!! ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: So, you don't think the 20 vacuum cleaners was pretty passive aggressive :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

06 May 2019, 3:46 am

jimmy m wrote:
Maybe the dog had sense. It knew that you didn't really mean to rip its head off. That you were constrained by social constructs to act within the norms of society, unlike wild animals.

This. Your true intent was most likely to scare the dog, not to harm it. Different pheromones.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 9:55 am

Fnord wrote:
Perhaps the dog wanted to be abused.

"We can't always get what we wannnttt..." Quote by Mick Jagger.