Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2019, 5:03 pm

Has anyone ever heard of this? I knew a young person who had trisomy and psychopathy. Most people with trisomy are very social. This guy was downright arrogant.

Arganger
Veteran
Veteran

02 May 2019, 5:25 pm

I don't think any diagnosis makes personality disorders impossible to develop.

Suspected; PTSD (Treated, as my counselor did notice), possible PCOS, PMDD, Learning disabilities (Sure of it, unknown what they are), possibly something wrong with immune system (Sick about as much as I'm not) Possible EDS- hyper mobility type (Will be getting tested, suggested by doctor) dysautonomia

Dan82
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

02 May 2019, 5:56 pm

There was a time I was pretty self-centered and to an extent manipulative.

I think autistic people can have a habit of, metaphorically, walking down a crowded sidewalk and trying not to step on the cracks without looking out for where the people actually are. In this metaphor, the cracks are, like, rules and "logic" and "facts" and things, and looking out for other people is caring what other people want.

I dimly understand how social reciprocation works and they say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, so the point I'm trying to make is I tried too hard to make that work to my advantage, because I felt no one was caring how things affected me, because I thought I was supposed to get specific things I wanted if I worked hard and things. Long story, but my therapist breathed the words "antisocial personality" during a session at one point.

Of course, not all people with antisocial personality disorder are abusive.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

02 May 2019, 8:44 pm

Arganger wrote:
I don't think any diagnosis makes personality disorders impossible to develop.
Schizoid Personality Disorder can not coexist with autism. A diagnoses of one rules out a diagnoses of the other. It's possible for an autistic to develop the symptoms of SPD but both disorders still can not coexist

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Xarlina
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 May 2019, 7:49 am

I would have to imagine that it feels much like being a bright pink unicorn, or something else that decidedly does not exist in the real world.

Autistic Psychopathy is an outdated diagnosis that has nothing to do with actual psychopathy. It is impossible to be both a psychopath and autistic, as the two variant brain structures are entirely incompatible with one another.

(For note, I am not an expert in psychopathy. If you’d like a highly informative view into what psychopathy looks like, I recommend Athena Walker’s answers relating to the topic.)

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 10:06 am

I don't know how an autistic person can pull of a psychopaths superficial charm. It just seems incompatible to me.

Magna
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 6:15 pm

AprilR wrote:
I don't know how an autistic person can pull of a psychopaths superficial charm. It just seems incompatible to me.

I find it hard to imagine a person having both as well.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

21 May 2019, 10:14 pm

I've always felt this guy had many of the traits of both autism and psychopathy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graham_Young