Page 4 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2019, 2:46 am

Music Flashback: October 1982 Boy George recalls Culture Club's infamous appearance on Top of the Pops with 'Do You Really Want To Hurt Me?' - and the reaction it caused

Quote:
A lot of people thought 'Do You Really Want To Hurt Me?' was about S&M, but it was about Culture Club's drummer Jon Moss, my boyfriend at the time. Well, not just Jon, it was about all the guys I dated at that time in my life.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2019, 7:37 am

Debora Iyall of Romeo Void Talks About Videos, Advice For Adele, Her New Album, And The Link Between Michael Jackson And “A Girl In Trouble (Is A Temporary Thing)”

Quote:
What is that song really about?

It’s a tough talk for girls. I had a very good best friend, and I wrote it with her in mind, she is the “she” in the first verse. And I was also reacting to Michael Jackson singing “the kid is not my son.”

Really?

I thought, what a jerk! He doesn’t say he wasn’t with her, he says, “the kid is not my son”, and I thought, what a horrible thing to say to a woman in that situation. That’s not very supportive, I didn’t like it, you know, so I decided that I’m going to tell the girl that a girl in trouble is a temporary thing. Like the song says, there’s a way to walk that says “Stay away,” and a time to go around the long way.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

mr_bigmouth_502
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2019, 2:57 pm

I'd say this fits