Rehabilitation Services closed my case...

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 9:54 am

So I get a call this morning that rehabilitation services has closed my case because my psychatrist says I'm too depressed to work... But I'm depressed because of my financial situation and also having to watch my husband all day and seeing his health decline because I cannot get the food he needs... Arrrggghhhh

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 7:57 pm

Bummer! These bureaucracies are a PITA, aren't they?

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2019, 9:13 pm

Anyway 5 days ago the Indiana job lady said she was still deciding on who to give the position to... I kinda have the feeling she could have offered it to someone else already and is waiting for a "yes" from them, though maybe she's having a hard time deciding? I sent her out an nudging email this evening, I'm hoping to hear back from her.

I got super depressed today, over that call about my rehab case and another job emailing me saying they are not going to consider me further, I've gotten a few of those lately.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

d057
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2019, 1:33 pm

I tried to use Vocational Rehabilitation services in the past. It took them several months to even respond to me. I was assigned this condescending and discouraging representative who really didn't have much knowledge about Autism Spectrum Disorders at all. I don't know about elsewhere. In Pennsylvania, Occupational Vocational Rehabilitation (OVR) is short staffed. Representatives have to work cases for about eighty people. That is ridiculous!

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

13 May 2019, 11:28 am

My voc rehab counselor did almost nothing to help me find a job the 1st time I worked with them. After I had quit working & got with voc rehab again, she did literally NOTHING to help me find a job other than opening a case on me. I know I do have a lot of disabilities but I have worked before & wanted a similar type job which I could do & lots of places do hire for but they get thousands of job apps & need an incentive to consider me. After a couple years of trying to find a job with no luck, she called me to tell me that she was closing my case & wished me luck. I had literally just moved to a new state to be with my girlfriend & didn't feel like getting into that over the phone so I barely said anything to her & let it be that. After being here a couple years I was referred to voc rehab when I got my vision checked(I have a low vision disorder) so I decided to give it a shot but I wasn't really ready to start searching for work but was willing if I had the rite help. I had one appointment with the guy & then heard nothing from them again. I guess that I have to accept that when I'm ready to start working again which will be sometime after we move(we're on waiting lists) that I will not have voc rehab's help. I guess I'll have to search for a job on my own with help form my girlfriend or just find a different organization to help me. My point Angnix is that you can NOT rely on voc rehab for jack sh!t so keep looking for a job like you've been doing on your own & don't mention your depression or that your seeing a psych or anything but I'm sure you know that already.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2019, 7:30 pm

Well I'm trying to save money anyway... Our TV/internet and phone are way too much... So arguing with Xfinity lol we cut our cable off because we can stream stuff with just the internet and we can get free broadcast TV because our apartment has a hookup for that, plus I'm going to cut my husband's phone and get him a government lifeline phone... That saves us about $100 a month!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2019, 8:01 pm

100 bucks is a lot of dough.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2019, 10:50 pm

Congrats for taking control of your expenses. Those are all good cuts to make.

d057
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2019, 1:04 pm

I have found that a lot of these people who work for Vocational Rehabilitation programs don't know enough about neurological disorders to help them find employment. I think my comment a few rows up proves my point.

nick007 wrote:
My voc rehab counselor did almost nothing to help me find a job the 1st time I worked with them. After I had quit working & got with voc rehab again, she did literally NOTHING to help me find a job other than opening a case on me. I know I do have a lot of disabilities but I have worked before & wanted a similar type job which I could do & lots of places do hire for but they get thousands of job apps & need an incentive to consider me. After a couple years of trying to find a job with no luck, she called me to tell me that she was closing my case & wished me luck. I had literally just moved to a new state to be with my girlfriend & didn't feel like getting into that over the phone so I barely said anything to her & let it be that. After being here a couple years I was referred to voc rehab when I got my vision checked(I have a low vision disorder) so I decided to give it a shot but I wasn't really ready to start searching for work but was willing if I had the rite help. I had one appointment with the guy & then heard nothing from them again. I guess that I have to accept that when I'm ready to start working again which will be sometime after we move(we're on waiting lists) that I will not have voc rehab's help. I guess I'll have to search for a job on my own with help form my girlfriend or just find a different organization to help me. My point Angnix is that you can NOT rely on voc rehab for jack sh!t so keep looking for a job like you've been doing on your own & don't mention your depression or that your seeing a psych or anything but I'm sure you know that already.

Ziemael
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Jun 2019, 10:55 pm

I dread what you are going through. I don't work well with any groups trying to get me employment. I tend to find the next job before they do. And as I always tell them...it is my KEEPING the job that is the issue, not getting one. Yeah, I believe most are pretty clueless regarding the inconsistent nature of neurological conditions.