Page 3 of 4 [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

magz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

08 May 2019, 5:06 am

JD12345 wrote:
I get the impression that I have a certain charm in the minds of certain (usually older) people, whilst being seen as a freak/someone to avoid in the minds of others.

That's similar to me.
Like I'm strongly charged, attractively to some, repulsively to others.
It's especially visible with toddlers. Some accept me very quickly and like to interact with me even thought they are usually afraid of strangers. Others seem afraid of me despite being generally outgoing.
I attribute it to my unusual reactions, like being very serious and matter-of-fact when talking to a toddler. Some enjoy it, some are uncomfortable.

It's still a puzzle to me why some normie adults sometimes find me attractive as a person and want to spend time with me.

<not moderating PPR stuff concerning East Europe>

CalicoMischief
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

08 May 2019, 5:47 pm

Predatory people.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 7:25 pm

No people, but in general, dogs find me at least harmless.

wrongcitizen
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2019, 9:19 pm

Manipulative ones, to be perfectly honest. Some of my friends are abused, which I accept them nevertheless, but then that abuse sticks inside of them and they let it back out on me. I just attract "toxic" people.

Either that or boring, lethargic people. I tend to have lots of energy when I'm further away from large urban areas where my brain is fatigued by unspoken social cues, so I feel that those around me are sometimes too exhausted or slow to keep up with anything I want to do. Everything's just too old, snobby, and formal.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2019, 12:56 am

wrongcitizen wrote:
Manipulative ones, to be perfectly honest. Some of my friends are abused, which I accept them nevertheless, but then that abuse sticks inside of them and they let it back out on me. I just attract "toxic" people.

Either that or boring, lethargic people. I tend to have lots of energy when I'm further away from large urban areas where my brain is fatigued by unspoken social cues, so I feel that those around me are sometimes too exhausted or slow to keep up with anything I want to do. Everything's just too old, snobby, and formal.

Friendship is over-rated. <shrug>

ToWhomItMayConcern
Butterfly
Butterfly

09 May 2019, 6:50 pm

I attract a bunch of guys with mental health issues and that are angry. I thought it be different after HS but I'm a magnet for violent unstable guys....

BlueIris24
Raven
Raven

10 May 2019, 10:08 am

ToWhomItMayConcern wrote:
I attract a bunch of guys with mental health issues and that are angry. I thought it be different after HS but I'm a magnet for violent unstable guys....

Yikes!

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 9:04 am

I have a lot of friends who, like me, are animal lovers, particularly cat lovers.

So Misunderstood
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 May 2019, 10:13 am

I also tend to attract covert narcissists, judgmental and proselytising people and bleeding hearts for lost causes.

Most times now, I just don't go out anywhere and whenever I have to, I am forever reminded about why it is that I prefer keeping to myself and remaining alone.

I also understand about that whole "Law of Attraction" thing and the adage of "that which you resist, persists" but I have honestly had enough of playing all of these stupid games with the Universe... especially when I have a "life lesson learning disability"....so why the Universe hasn't said "I was totally wrong about this one" and given up testing me and just leaving me alone already, I have no freaking idea!

I tried being "spiritual" and all that, but my Autism was always at odds with the whole philosophy and practice of it.

Hence why this prodigal child has returned to WP after a hiatus of almost 8 years...to learn how to reconcile Autism with Spirituality.

betty_ferret
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 May 2019, 10:39 am

very interesting topic! I attract the guys who are under-achievers. I attract people who like to talk a LOT (this sometimes works out for me, though! I love listening to other people's problems, as long as they're willing to listen to mine!). I attract little kids, usually the little weirdo, geeky kid...who probably has undiagnosed ASD, but their parents are too prideful to consider getting it checked out. I attract people decades older than me because I am never looking at my phone, and I'll just be standing around doing nothing, appreciating the breeze and the sun, instead of engaging with some form of technology, blocking everyone else out. I attract a lot of schizophrenic methamphetamine users, too, or maybe everyone attracts them, I dunno. But they seem to always think they can get something out of ME. (And I usually at least usually give them my time, if not food or money because well...s**t...I'd hate to be in that place...life sucks at that point, so I like to give people hope.) I attract a lot of shy guys who feel insecure about their looks. I attract a lot of girls younger than me who don't have a clue that I am not a good role model, and they think it's so funny how I am 26 and have 6 ferrets and eat ice cream for breakfast and smoke weed every day. I do not seem to attract neurotypicals of the same age range regardless of gender, and I'm totally fine by that! I also attract myself! Tehe!

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 10:57 am

Fellow desperadoes.

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 11:19 am

hobojungle wrote:
Fellow desperadoes.

I was thinking about creating a gang of desperadoes, ruffians, hooligans and banditos, care to join?

hobojungle
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 11:23 am

blackicmenace wrote:
hobojungle wrote:
Fellow desperadoes.

I was thinking about creating a gang of desperadoes, ruffians, hooligans and banditos, care to join?

Thanks, but I’m a solitary practitioner :ninja:

blackicmenace
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 11:31 am

hobojungle wrote:
blackicmenace wrote:
hobojungle wrote:
Fellow desperadoes.

Thanks, but I’m a solitary practitioner :ninja:

I get it, more booty for yourself.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2019, 11:35 am

People who either are eclectic themselves, or see a person who needs “to be taken care of.”

wrybread
Butterfly
Butterfly

11 May 2019, 9:08 pm

People who didn’t fit in.
Artsy types.
Guys who actually liked back-and-forth sassing.
Foreigners.

I think it was because I would sincerely talk to anyone (until they gave me a reason not to).

Artsy types because I used to run with that crowd. Doesn’t happen anymore unless I find myself around an artsy type who is happy to find someone who also knows about [insert semi-obscure artist/musician].

I think the sassing was because they were amused a girl would dish back, were not embarrassed if I got in a good one, and were interested in what my retort would be. This doesn’t happen so much anymore because sexual harassment.

I’m a first-generation American so the foreigners thing probably comes from that. Maybe that makes me an easier person to ask about Americanisms. I was also a nerd about world history and geography growing up (I would read the CIA Fact Book for fun) so that probably helped too.

I’m lucky I haven’t attracted abusers. But then maybe the sassing was a deterrent.